Bama - LSU

NoSaint

I thought it was a pretty good game.

Saben is an idiot -- trying all those long kicks with that awful kicker and giving LSU good field position repeatedly. And why did he play for OT when he had a minute and a half to work with at the end of the 4Q??

That pick by #1 for LSU was a fantastic play.

Saben is an idiot -- trying all those long kicks with that awful kicker and giving LSU good field position repeatedly. And why did he play for OT when he had a minute and a half to work with at the end of the 4Q??

Both coaches had some bonehead calls. Trotting out a returner with a bum ankle? Having the same returner throw your only deep shot at the endzone on offense (also off a bum leg- think it fluttered in for a reason?)? Having lee sit for 60-90mins after his first int and then trot him out for an attacking pass? Go for it instead of the 52 yarder in OT.

All that said- I'd take quite a few of these battle tested guys on our team.

I also don't kill him for going to OT there. The bama offense doesn't have the firepower to go 50 yards to get in fg range there. The only explosive players are in the backfield. Especially with maze hurting. The lsu secondary was more likely to make a play than the bama WRs and qb in that spot.

Edited by NoSaint

Saban's idiocy (arrogance) definitely cost them the game. Playing for OT when your kickers are having such issues?

Also, how do you have a heisman candidate in your backfield in Richardson, and you don't even give him a touch in OT? Did dickless jauron take over the bama playcalling?

Saban's idiocy (arrogance) definitely cost them the game. Playing for OT when your kickers are having such issues?

Also, how do you have a heisman candidate in your backfield in Richardson, and you don't even give him a touch in OT? Did dickless jauron take over the bama playcalling?

If McCarron could hit the broad side of a barn, Richardson might have had the winning TD on that wheel route.

I think you saw in OT why he didn't push with a minute left. Qb with accuracy and decision making issues, and a kicker that needs to get real close.

Bama is the one college team I hate with a passion, but I'd sure love to see that Upshaw kid at LB for us in a year or two.

Bama is the one college team I hate with a passion, but I'd sure love to see that Upshaw kid at LB for us in a year or two.

One thing that I really like is that we've often heard our D is very similar to bama so it's an easy transition

Agree that Saban is arrogant. How can he claim to be such a master recruiter and he can't find a decent kicker?

War Eagle!

I'm a fan of good defense, but this is just a snoozefest.

If you're a fan of good defense, how exactly was that a snoozefest? You can't have it both ways.

I, too, love good defense, and this was a great game to watch to me! Only fitting that it would go into overtime like it did.

Oh, and those of you who think these two teams have snooze offenses, ask everyone else either team played this year if they think that. Their offenses are both pretty good...it's just that their defenses are OUTSTANDING, and they both collided last night.

Didn't end up watching the game but have read all the accounts of it here.

This is possibly the major reason I don't often watch college football… I can't stand watching amateurs trying to play quarterback.

It's the same reason I watch NFL football and am in favor of rules protecting quarterbacks (but not bad officiating).