OK...now I went and did it...how do I explain the

I just couldn't help it.....

My daughter has been asking for one for Christmas.....I was only going to get me a new set of workout gloves from Sportmart....but right next door was the Petco where they were having a "adopt a pet" from the shelter going on....

And there staring me me down was a 8 week old blue eyed kitten....it looked at me as if to say...."come on...you know you want to do it...sign on the dotted line"

Hopefully the wife will understand

174414[/snapback]

42 posts and not one person has said.....

"Guys will do anything for a little pu...."

Jesus H. Christ...

I post this and go away for the day and look at what you perverts have done to my damn thread....;)

The cat wasn't going to wait until Christmas as he started making a stink as soon as I got home in earshot of my daughter.....

They are taking him to the vet today for a checkup (I will have all those things tested)

Jesus H. Christ...

I post this and go away for the day and look at what you perverts have done to my damn thread....;)

The cat wasn't going to wait until Christmas as he started making a stink as soon as I got home in earshot of my daughter.....

They are taking him to the vet today for a checkup (I will have all those things tested)

175397[/snapback]

You're not going fishing? Could still teach it to swim.

just so you know, a white can with Blue eyes doesn't Guarentee deafness, but it is almost certain (Tom is right). If the cat has one blue eye, that side's ear is most likey deaf.

Also, if the cat is all white except for a little spot on top, even with blue eye, the chances of him being deaf are much less likely. The spot normally goes away by the time they become a cat, so you can only see this spot now.

Oh, and if it's deaf, who cares? Cat's suck anyway.

;)

Cats

Also, if the cat is all white except for a little spot on top, even with blue eye, the chances of him being deaf are much less likely.  The spot normally goes away by the time they become a cat, so you can only see this spot now.

175435[/snapback]

That I didn't know.

Therefore, it's wrong. ;)

(Makes sense, though. A pure white blue-eyed cat is deaf. Also very prone to sunburn and skin cancer...)

And it's not like cats come when you call them...so it doesn't really matter if a cat's deaf or not, does it?

:lol:

175435[/snapback]

My cat thinks she's a dog... She'll play fetch with me (throw a toy, she'll grab it in her mouth and carry it back and drop it in front of me). She follows me around in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, and is standing in front of the door when I get home. Both of our cats even sit in the living room while we're watching TV or a movie. ;) And DC - she does (usually) come when you call her (on the rare occasions that she's not already in the same room as you) :P

So not ALL cats suck. Some are quite friendly!

CW

just so you know, a white can with Blue eyes doesn't Guarentee deafness, but it is almost certain (Tom is right). If the cat has one blue eye, that side's ear is most likey deaf.

Also, if the cat is all white except for a little spot on top, even with blue eye, the chances of him being deaf are much less likely.  The spot normally goes away by the time they become a cat, so you can only see this spot now.

;)

Cats

175435[/snapback]

Christ. You too?

Christ. You too?

175465[/snapback]

sorry, i like useless knowledge.

For example, did you know that no wild animal will eat another that was killed by lightning?

Or that Tigers have striped skin, not just fur?

Male Horses has 40 teeth, females have 36.

For example, did you know that no wild animal will eat another that was killed by lightning?

175480[/snapback]

.......ooooooo.......scary. One Dexter is enough.

No wonders you two get along.

My cat thinks she's a dog...  She'll play fetch with me (throw a toy, she'll grab it in her mouth and carry it back and drop it in front of me).  She follows me around in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, and is standing in front of the door when I get home.  Both of our cats even sit in the living room while we're watching TV or a movie. ;)  And DC - she does (usually) come when you call her (on the rare occasions that she's not already in the same room as you) :P

So not ALL cats suck.  Some are quite friendly!

CW

175450[/snapback]

What kind of cat do you have? Manx's usually have dog-like qualities in their personality; I have one that's extraordinarily (for a cat) loyal and devoted to me in a dog-like fashion, right down to the whole curling up at my feet thing.

Another little known fact: cats will watch TV, whereas dogs don't (usually). Reason being...the images on the TV have no scent, therefore dogs don't "see" them as "real". Same reason dogs don't chase laser pointers (again, usually...I've known a couple that have).

175480[/snapback]

There's 250 mice to the gallon.

The ideal length-to-width ratio for a submarine is between 11 and 13 to 1.

You need one stick of dynamite for every foot of diameter to blow up a tree stump.

What kind of cat do you have?  Manx's usually have dog-like qualities in their personality; I have one that's extraordinarily (for a cat) loyal and devoted to me in a dog-like fashion, right down to the whole curling up at my feet thing.

Another little known fact: cats will watch TV, whereas dogs don't (usually).  Reason being...the images on the TV have no scent, therefore dogs don't "see" them as "real".  Same reason dogs don't chase laser pointers (again, usually...I've known a couple that have).

175500[/snapback]

my dog is a little too attached i think...

She sleeps in my bed, and when i wake up to take a piss, she follows me to the bathroom. When I wake up in the morning, she sits NEXT to the shower when Im in there. Not next to the bathroom door, but right against the tub. And when I get home, she jumps right up and puts her head on my lap... I wonder if she was negleted before I had her???

What kind of cat do you have?  Manx's usually have dog-like qualities in their personality; I have one that's extraordinarily (for a cat) loyal and devoted to me in a dog-like fashion, right down to the whole curling up at my feet thing.

Another little known fact: cats will watch TV, whereas dogs don't (usually).  Reason being...the images on the TV have no scent, therefore dogs don't "see" them as "real".  Same reason dogs don't chase laser pointers (again, usually...I've known a couple that have).

175500[/snapback]

Do they have oil coolers?

There's 250 mice to the gallon.

The ideal length-to-width ratio for a submarine is between 11 and 13 to 1.

You need one stick of dynamite for every foot of diameter to blow up a tree stump.

175507[/snapback]

You may have heard that a ducks quack is the only sound that doesn't echo. That is completely untrue.

In your lifetime you lose about 40 pounds of dead skin...

You idiots googling the same web site? Make sure GG gets his cut.

175516[/snapback]

well i will not deny that all of the stuff i know comes from different sites, these are just the ones i remember...

for example, an apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste.

175500[/snapback]

Both of my female dogs chase laser pointers. One is completely infatuated and will lead me to the drawer it's kept in and open it to get me to take the damn thing out. My male thinks they are both idiots - and he's right.

well i will not deny that all of the stuff i know comes from different sites, these are just the ones i remember... 

for example, an apple, onion, and potato all have the same taste.

175519[/snapback]

Most of the stuff I know comes from books.

And osmosis. As often as not, I'll express some little-known, uninteresting, and ultimately irrelevent fact, and ask myself "Where the hell did I learn that?"

And to decontaminate a bioreactor, a 20 minute soaking in a 10% hypochloride solution...

Both of my female dogs chase laser pointers.  One is completely infatuated and will lead me to the drawer it's kept in and open it to get me to take the damn thing out.  My male thinks they are both idiots - and he's right.

175533[/snapback]

My cats would open the drawer, take out what they wanted, and close the drawer when they were finished.

Freaky little animals. And yet...they're still not smart enough to stay out of the damn christmas tree.

Most of the stuff I know comes from books. 

And osmosis.  As often as not, I'll express some little-known, uninteresting, and ultimately irrelevent fact, and ask myself "Where the hell did I learn that?"

And to decontaminate a bioreactor, a 20 minute soaking in a 10% hypochloride solution...

175558[/snapback]

I knew that.

I knew that.

175573[/snapback]

And you told me that about two years ago. And my response was "That's exactly the kind of useless trivia that I'll read once and never forget, even though I can't remember where I parked my car this morning."

And I still can't find my friggin' car...