OK...now I went and did it...how do I explain the

I just couldn't help it.....

My daughter has been asking for one for Christmas.....I was only going to get me a new set of workout gloves from Sportmart....but right next door was the Petco where they were having a "adopt a pet" from the shelter going on....

And there staring me me down was a 8 week old blue eyed kitten....it looked at me as if to say...."come on...you know you want to do it...sign on the dotted line"

Hopefully the wife will understand

My daughter has been asking for one for Christmas.....I was only going to get me a new set of workout gloves from Sportmart....but right next door was the Petco where they were having a "adopt a pet" from the shelter going on....

And there staring me me down was a 8 week old blue eyed kitten....it looked at me as if to say...."come on...you know you want to do it...sign on the dotted line"

174414[/snapback]

They make a great stew. I have several Korean recipes if interested.

I don't think you should ever adopt a pet without talking with your significant other first...  It's a lot of responsibility...  Hope it works out for you.

CW

174421[/snapback]

Fez...

We actually have plenty of animals....so having pets around isn't a big deal...we already have 1 cat, 2 mammoth dogs, and 2 extremely cool Oscars....

Actually I heard that having 2 cats is better then 1...they keep each other company.......

Fez...

We actually have plenty of animals....so having pets around isn't a big deal...we already have 1 cat, 2 mammoth dogs, and 2 extremely cool Oscars....

Actually I heard that having 2 cats is better then 1...they keep each other company.......

174422[/snapback]

Oh, if you already have a lot of pets... :devil:

We have two cats, about 2-3 years apart in age. They do keep each other company (if by company you mean older one terrorizes the younger one in the name of 'fun.' :devil: ). Our older cat was very playful until we got the new one. Then it seemed that he took the "big brother" view and became much more serious and protective.

Post some pictures ;)

CW

174422[/snapback]

That is very, very true. One kitten alone gets bored and destructive. Two of similar age keep them from getting bored. And honestly...taking care of two isn't much more difficult than one.

And take the kitten to the vet immediately and get a check-up. Eight weeks is somewhat young for an adoption...and frequently, cats from shelters have minor-to-moderate health problems: respiratory illnesses that, in kittens, can be severe (almost lost one of mine to that), ringworm, fleas, various other community infections. FIV and leukemia tests are also a good idea, though vaccinations probably aren't worth it unless you plan on letting the cat roam outdoors.

174414[/snapback]

A nice sweet and sour sauce will ease the transition.

174414[/snapback]

By the way...is it a white cat with blue eyes? Because white cats with blue eyes are deaf. (Yes, seriously...what's more, a white cat with one blue eye is deaf in the one ear opposite that eye. Funny little bit of feline genetic trivia.)

That is very, very true.  One kitten alone gets bored and destructive.  Two of similar age keep them from getting bored.  And honestly...taking care of two isn't much more difficult than one. 

And take the kitten to the vet immediately and get a check-up.  Eight weeks is somewhat young for an adoption...and frequently, cats from shelters have minor-to-moderate health problems: respiratory illnesses that, in kittens, can be severe (almost lost one of mine to that), ringworm, fleas, various other community infections.  FIV and leukemia tests are also a good idea, though vaccinations probably aren't worth it unless you plan on letting the cat roam outdoors.

174449[/snapback]

VERY VERY important! Don't let this cat near your other cat(s) until the vet has checked her out. Feline Leukemia is deadly and there's no cure... If this new cat has it, it's very possible for your other cat to catch it, and they'd have to put both cats down. :devil: My wife and I didn't know about that when we adopted a kitten that our neighbors didn't want (stupid neighbors couldn't take care of a cat OR their kids...). We lucked out as the kitten didn't have anything wrong with her, but it could've been tragic.

CW

174414[/snapback]

Please make sure it doesnt become just a christmas gift but a long time pet for your family. Too many puppies and kittens are brought to shelters a few months from now and many shelters cant afford to do anything but euthenize them.

Please make sure it doesnt become just a christmas gift but a long time pet for your family.  Too many puppies and kittens are brought to shelters a few months from now and many shelters cant afford to do anything but euthenize them.

174575[/snapback]

One of the sad facts of the commercial orgy that used to be Christmas.

By the way...is it a white cat with blue eyes?  Because white cats with blue eyes are deaf.  (Yes, seriously...what's more, a white cat with one blue eye is deaf in the one ear opposite that eye.  Funny little bit of feline genetic trivia.)

174504[/snapback]

I am sure you read this somewhere :devil::devil:;)

By the way...is it a white cat with blue eyes?  Because white cats with blue eyes are deaf.  (Yes, seriously...what's more, a white cat with one blue eye is deaf in the one ear opposite that eye.  Funny little bit of feline genetic trivia.)

174504[/snapback]

Wow, it seems you know quite a bit about pussies. :devil:

174504[/snapback]

There are times when I don't admit I actually know you.

This is one of those times.

There are times when I don't admit I actually know you.

This is one of those times.

174651[/snapback]

Yeah...but on the other hand, when I mentioned reading about the mid-life upgrade to the RAF Tornado fleet, you didn't bat an eye. It makes one suspect that maybe your opinions on my hobbies are...well...not all there themselves. :devil::devil:

Yeah...but on the other hand, when I mentioned reading about the mid-life upgrade to the RAF Tornado fleet, you didn't bat an eye.  It makes one suspect that maybe your opinions on my hobbies are...well...not all there themselves.  :devil:  :devil:

174683[/snapback]

And I've also dumped my third Yak of the night.

So there!

With or without the oil coolers under the fuselage?  Not like it matters...the best aces flew P-39s anyway...

174720[/snapback]

You are once again discounting the P-40 D field mods. The fun scenario is actually Hurricanes against Hurricanes, which DID happen.

You are once again discounting the P-40 D field mods. The fun scenario is actually Hurricanes against Hurricanes, which DID happen.

174740[/snapback]

No, I'm not...but the Russians LOVED the P-39 for air-to-air stuff. Suited their doctrine and tactics very well, even better than the P-40. Used it right up to the end of the war.

Hurricanes vs. Hurricanes...would be Finns vs. Russians. There were probably other odd encounters like that...Brewster Buffalo vs. P-40, for example.

No, I'm not...but the Russians LOVED the P-39 for air-to-air stuff.  Suited their doctrine and tactics very well, even better than the P-40.  Used it right up to the end of the war. 

Hurricanes vs. Hurricanes...would be Finns vs. Russians.  There were probably other odd encounters like that...Brewster Buffalo vs. P-40, for example.

174747[/snapback]

Yes, Fins on Russians. Good catch.

Who besides you and me knows or cares?

Of course, I've been lately refering back to Clausowitz.

Yes, Fins on Russians. Good catch.

Who besides you and me knows or cares?

Of course, I've been lately refering back to Clausowitz.

174768[/snapback]

Probaby...no one, I'd guess. Hell, how many people know what we're talking about?

Not Clausowitz. Von Clausewitz.

And you arguably have a use for it. Now, when I refer back to Clausewitz... :devil:

Probaby...no one, I'd guess.  Hell, how many people know what we're talking about? 

Not Clausowitz.  Von Clausewitz. 

And you arguably have a use for it.  Now, when I refer back to Clausewitz...  :devil:

174773[/snapback]

You catch my drift, though. Sorry for my spelling.

It's a wonderful world, ain't it?.