Chan Vs. Shanagan

Driffill

Rewind to Jan. 2010, Mike Shanahan refused to talk to the Bills about their Head Coaching job, and the Bills "Settled" for Chan Gailey (at Bill Cowher's urging). At the time both the Redskins & Bills teams were talent depleted and very bad teams. Since then, the Redskins traded for McNabb(Fleeced by Eagles) and have gone nowhere and once again look in dissaray. The Bills cut the old talent, and went young in a big way, "Show Me the Baby" says Buddy! Chan Gailey has done a masterful job with the talent at hand and this team will only get better as they get more experience, as for Shanahan, Glad you went to Redskins, they are heading in the wrong direction! It was fun Sunday to look at your crooked eye looking in disbelief!

I was so glad that we didn't get Shenanigan and I was confused that so many here were enthusiastic about the possibility and felt that the future success or failure of the organization was predicated on a Shenanigan (or comparably "experienced" head coach) hiring. The trend recently has been towards coordinators (admittedly young ones) not re-tread head coaches who are a few years removed from being fired as a head coach (Shanahan, Gruden, etc.).

Also, I always remember hearing that Shenanigan was a crappy personnel guy - phenomenal Xs and Os coach, but horrible with bringing in quality players at the right time.

Eh, who knows...

Edited by Juror#8

I was so glad that we didn't get Shenanigan and I was confused that so many here were enthusiastic about the possibility and felt that the future success or failure of the organization was predicated on a Shenanigan (or comparably "experienced" head coach) hiring. The trend recently has been towards coordinators (admittedly young ones) not re-tread head coaches who are a few years removed from being fired as a head coach (Shanahan, Gruden, etc.).

Also, I always remember hearing that Shenanigan was a crappy personnel guy - phenomenal Xs and Os coach, but horrible with bringing in quality players at the right time.

Eh, who knows...

I was and still am thrilled that we didn't get Shanahan. He's a fabulous coordinator who's also a good head coach but he's a terrible GM. He'll fit in great with Dannyboy in Washington as he also burns through players like mad.

Russ Brandon actually interviewed Shanny and Shaany said he was impressed by the offer but didnt want to make a decision right away. This was right after we fired DJ

Ill see if i can find the article

Found it http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4688903

Still glad we went with Gailey tho... i mean MEGAMIND

I was and still am thrilled that we didn't get Shanahan. He's a fabulous coordinator who's also a good head coach but he's a terrible GM. He'll fit in great with Dannyboy in Washington as he also burns through players like mad.

Not to nitpick, but Bruce Allen is the GM of the Redskins. However, your larger point about Shanahan remains. He IS a terrible GM and his coaching legacy diminishes each season.

GO BILLS!!!

I was so glad that we didn't get Shenanigan and I was confused that so many here were enthusiastic about the possibility and felt that the future success or failure of the organization was predicated on a Shenanigan (or comparably "experienced" head coach) hiring. The trend recently has been towards coordinators (admittedly young ones) not re-tread head coaches who are a few years removed from being fired as a head coach (Shanahan, Gruden, etc.).Also, I always remember hearing that Shenanigan was a crappy personnel guy - phenomenal Xs and Os coach, but horrible with bringing in quality players at the right time.

Eh, who knows...

Or Chan Gailey. Seriously, Gailey is exactly what this team needed.