I am soooooo PO'd right now.....

cåblelady

that I can't even see straight. I got a phone call this afternoon from my boss informing me that WBNG, our CBS affiliate in Binghamton, has changed their plan to show the Bills/49ers game this Sunday. They have opted.....once again to show the Jets game. I called and talked to the Sports Director. At first I was very polite and professional, pointing out that the Jets/Pats game has no significance...as the Pats have already clinched the AFC East and the Jets already have a wild card....and the Bills are pursuing the final wild card spot.....which has ALL the significance in the world.

He said.....sorry......we're not changing our minds.

We then proceeded to get into quite the disagreement......actually, it was an all out shouting match.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: WBNG

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that I can't even see straight. I got a phone call this afternoon from my boss informing me that WBNG, our CBS affiliate in Binghamton, has changed their plan to show the Bills/49ers game this Sunday. They have opted.....once again to show the Jets game. I called and talked to the Sports Director. At first I was very polite and professional, pointing out that the Jets/Pats game has no significance...as the Pats have already clinched the AFC East and the Jets already have a wild card....and the Bills are pursuing the final wild card spot.....which has ALL the significance in the world.

We then proceeded to get into quite the disagreement......actually, it was an all out shouting match.

174282[/snapback]

The Jets haven't clinched a playoff spot - but I'm with you in spirit.

174282[/snapback]

I'll remember that as the Bills are smoking SF. I will be laughing at you the whole time. Time to get a satellite. :w00t:

174282[/snapback]

Any sportsbars on Market St. among all those antique stores ?

Any sportsbars on Market St. among all those antique stores ?

174289[/snapback]

Yeah.....and there's one up the street from me. But.......I don't like having to go outside to smoke......and I smoke ALOT during the Bills games. *LOL*

:w00t:

Buffalo wins 2 and the Jets drop two... VERY possible... Jets might be out.

They have NE (which coming off a very funny Dolphin bite :P  :( ) and St. Louis in St. Louis...

Cross your fingers...

174299[/snapback]

I hope the patriots kick the ever-loving poop out of the Jets. That'll learn 'em. :w00t:

174282[/snapback]

I understand your love for the Bills.....by why would they NOT show the Jets - Pats instead of the Bills - 49ers? Those two games don't even compare.

And, the Jets aren't clinched for anything yet, and the Pats could still get homefield with two Steelers losses (which is possible).

Come on, anyone would show the Pats - Jets game!

I hear ya though..........for a Bills fan, that would really suck!

The bar i go to is "smoke free" as well...

see, in florida, you can smoke in bars as long as you don't make more than half your money off of food.

Well, Papa Bears makes more than half its money on food (but the bar and restaurant area are completly seperate).

However, if he wanted to make the bar smoking, he would have to add a full glass wall between the bar and restaurant, and add a new set of bathrooms, due to where the other ones are.

So, he keeps an envelope behind the bar, with $500 in it, in case someone complains. The first time is a $500 fine, and he is a smoker. So, we smoke away during the games.

I guess it's being greedy though, as its normally around 70 by gametime, so going outside wouldn't kill us,

but WTF is up with the smoking ban? Don't want to smell smoke? go to the movies? Going to a bar when you dont want to smell smoke? Give me a break

174282[/snapback]

CL,

Also..................get ya some COWBELL. That bad Karma by not having COWBELL might have caused the switch!