Playoff Talk

Yes, it's early, but we are at the end of week 8 right now, so I think there is some time to see how the winds are blowing.

Can we make take the divisional title? I honestly don't know. It's going to be tough to beat out the Pats. They aren't going to be playing a team of the Steelers caliber constantly. Assuming that they make out the same record as last season (an entirely reasonable 12-4) that does not leave a lot of margin for error.

This year is looking like a giant clusterf*@k when it comes to the wildcard. There are still a lot of teams in contention. At this point, I would anticipate needing at least 10 wins to make the wildcard.

At the start of the season, I thought we would to at least need to go 3-3 in our division. That, of course, was before we beat the Patriots, which I honestly didn't expect. If we expect to make the playoffs I think we need to at least go 4-2. This is not impossible. With the way that the Dolphins are playing, a winning team NEEDS to be able to beat them. Both times. Not kidding.

The Jets are a tough team, but I think that it's reasonable to split games there. Maybe at home, maybe away. Of course, winning both would go for A LOT, but for the sake of argument I'll stick with one.

The Pats, round 2. Honestly, I don't think we're going to win this one. In our huge upset, we played amazingly well and Brady gave up four picks. I don't see that happening again, especially on the road.

So that, at my estimate, gives us three wins and two losses. (8-4)

That leaves four non-division games unaccounted for:

Week 10 at the Cowboys, home against the Titans, at the Chargers and home for Denver.

Barring some incredible Tebow magic, I think Denver is a winnable game.

The other three are a bit more up in the air. If we can win at least two of them (preferably at least one against an AFC foe) I think there's a good chance we can make the Wild Card, if not the Division.

I think we've imagined it for sometime, and we'll talk about it through the last game:

10-6 seems plausible given our schedule, but is 11-5 (or even 12-4) what it takes for the Wild Card?

Of course, let's hope this is all for the Pats* to worry about, because we're taking the East :) .

I think we've imagined it for sometime, and we'll talk about it through the last game:

10-6 seems plausible given our schedule, but is 11-5 (or even 12-4) what it takes for the Wild Card?

Of course, let's hope this is all for the Pats* to worry about, because we're taking the East :) .

I would feel safe with 11-5.

But, you know, even if the Bills miss the playoffs with a 10-6 record do we really have all that much to B word about?

Well, yes, but we still would have done better than expected.