School District Named After Bills Heroes

http://www.newyorkschools.com/districts/jasper-troupsburg-central-school-district.html

The Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District? Really? I like the enthusiasm of naming our School Districts after role models like the Bills' D-linemen - - after all, we have enough schools named after dead presidents and astronauts. But why use backups? It sends the wrong message to kids about how high they should aim in life.

It would have been a lot more sensible, for example, to name the school system the Dareus-Williamsville Central School District. At least those guys start!

Aim for the stars! If you fall short, you're still in outer space.

Go Bills!

http://www.newyorkschools.com/districts/jasper-troupsburg-central-school-district.html

The Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District? Really? I like the enthusiasm of naming our School Districts after role models like the Bills' D-linemen - - after all, we have enough schools named after dead presidents and astronauts. But why use backups? It sends the wrong message to kids about how high they should aim in life.

It would have been a lot more sensible, for example, to name the school system the Dareus-Williamsville Central School District. At least those guys start!

Aim for the stars! If you fall short, you're still in outer space.

Go Bills!

Jasper troupsburg has been around a lot longer than our back ups and lay off that heroin.

Jasper troupsburg has been around a lot longer than our back ups and lay off that heroin.

So you're saying that it's just some coincidence that the school district has the same names as not one but TWO Bills linemen? Seems more likely to me that it was a choice. Just more of this political correctness stuff run amok. Look kids, it's OK to be 300 or 400 lbs, just like Jasper and Troupe - - everybody's beautiful in their own way - - here's a participation trophy, even if you're so fat you can't make it up a flight of stares.

If you're gonna name the school district after overweight football players, at least pick guys that are good at it, so the obese kids have something greater to aspire to.

So you're saying that it's just some coincidence that the school district has the same names as not one but TWO Bills linemen? Seems more likely to me that it was a choice. Just more of this political correctness stuff run amok. Look kids, it's OK to be 300 or 400 lbs, just like Jasper and Troupe - - everybody's beautiful in their own way - - here's a participation trophy, even if you're so fat you can't make it up a flight of stares.

If you're gonna name the school district after overweight football players, at least pick guys that are good at it, so the obese kids have something greater to aspire to.

A very interesting observation. Psychotic as all hell, but definitely interesting. :worthy: :worthy:

you are either trolling or retarded but any way the towns of Jasper and Troupsburg which were formed in the early 1800 and the school district merged June 30 1987.

http://books.google.com/books?id=uOrzeFbU7FsC&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=jasper+troupsburg+merger&source=bl&ots=7lz0rhCv6t&sig=mReEEKE3KKcXCHRDo9edFlrIUSI&hl=en&ei=Q9irTvqdMYbY0QH68fyqDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q&f=false

C'mon man, take a closer look at the link you provided. First off, the URL shows the text is from a book - - if you were a stoot you would realize that you are relying on a work of fiction. At the very top of the web page it says "Post Card History Series." There are times when you can rely on post cards for accurate information (like in that Ken Burns documentary about the Revolutionary War that tells the history of the common soldier through the post cards they sent), but this aint one of those times.

Besides, you are relying on a web page that shows a post card from, I kid you not, "John S. Babbit and Sue Babbit." Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can tell a prank when I see one. Johne Babbitt is a guy from Buffalo, NY. The "S" stands for "severed." He was not a cartographer (look it up). He married the wrong woman and paid for it with a fairly important body part (he remarried Sue later):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

If you read MY link, it says:

John Wayne Bobbitt (born March 23, 1967 in Buffalo, New York) and Lorena Bobbitt (née Gallo) (born October 31, 1970 in Bucay, Ecuador) were an American couple, married on June 18, 1989, whose difficult relationship gained worldwide notoriety for an incident in 1993 when Lorena severed John's penis with a knife.

After the incident, John Wayne Bobbitt attempted to generate money from his notoriety in a number of ways. He formed a band, The Severed Parts, to pay his mounting medical and legal bills, though the band was unsuccessful and failed to generate enough money.[6] In 1994, John appeared in the adult film John Wayne Bobbitt: Uncut, in another attempt to make money.

So if you want to rely on a prank site by a guy trying to CAPITALIZE on being d*ckless for your geographical information, go right a head. But the Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District is real:

http://www.jt.wnyric.org/

In a rather ironic coincidence, one section of the school's website is called the "schooltool:"

https://schooltool.jtcsd.org/

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

Edwards Losmanburg would be my suggestion.

I don't know how they name their school districts in Florida, but the Phish only recently signed Losman, and Edwards was just there LB position coach (if I recall correctly) before he became our defensive coordinator. So I think your suggestion is unlikely.

OTOH, I vaguely remember something about Losman having a Mexican heritage, so if he really lights it up in Miami, maybe the Cuban Latinos will put him on a pedagog and eventually name a school after him. But unlike Jasper and Troup, Edwards and Losman weren't with the Dolphins at the same time, so on balance I don't think it will happen. Crazier stuff goes on every day in South Beach, though.

Now if we were talking about naming one of those Coast Guard rescue helicopters that takes 50 Cuban refugees off a 5 person boat, you might have a point.

C'mon man, take a closer look at the link you provided. First off, the URL shows the text is from a book - - if you were a stoot you would realize that you are relying on a work of fiction. At the very top of the web page it says "Post Card History Series." There are times when you can rely on post cards for accurate information (like in that Ken Burns documentary about the Revolutionary War that tells the history of the common soldier through the post cards they sent), but this aint one of those times.

Besides, you are relying on a web page that shows a post card from, I kid you not, "John S. Babbit and Sue Babbit." Now I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I can tell a prank when I see one. Johne Babbitt is a guy from Buffalo, NY. The "S" stands for "severed." He was not a cartographer (look it up). He married the wrong woman and paid for it with a fairly important body part (he remarried Sue later):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

If you read MY link, it says:

So if you want to rely on a prank site by a guy trying to CAPITALIZE on come down being d*ckless for your geographical information, go right a head. But the Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District is real:

http://www.jt.wnyric.org/

In a rather ironic coincidence, one section of the school's website is called the "schooltool:"

https://schooltool.jtcsd.org/

Man you are stupid, why don't you come down to the school district and see for yourself, there are other articles that gave general dates of the mid 80's but that gave a specific date and its not a spoof dumb ass. and no $#!t its real district and since you were on the school cite as was I, you would see under the district legal status 1986, obviously not named after our players.

http://www.jt.wnyric.org/policy%201110-by-laws.pdf

Did crayonz log in with the wrong account? Either way I applaud this entire thread.

:thumbsup:

I am unworthy to tie the Master's shoelaces, but recent events seem to indicate that, like Jasper toiling away at Bethel without even shoulder pads that fit, I may someday be a worthwhile apprentice. But that's kind of the point. Kids need to aspire to be the best, not mere backups, even if they are grossly overweight or Mexican.

Man you are stupid, why don't you come down to the school district and see for yourself . . . obviously not named after our players.

http://www.jt.wnyric.org/policy%201110-by-laws.pdf

Right, obviously not named after any players from the school district in Steuben County. Named after Bills players instead. Don't go getting all parochial. Jasper and Troupe both played their college ball in the South or Southeast, where Buddy Nix likes to draft from, so obviously neither of them had any connection to the school district until it changed its name.

I don't have a problem with naming the school district after Bills players instead of more local heroes from Stueben County. I just think non-obese Bills starters would have been a better choice than overweight back-ups, given the epidemic of obesity among today's youth. Are you suggesting there are no fat kids in the district? That seems unlikely, but you've apparently been there, so you tell me. What's your point?

Right, obviously not named after any players from the school district in Steuben County. Named after Bills players instead. Don't go getting all parochial. Jasper and Troupe both played their college ball in the South or Southeast, where Buddy Nix likes to draft from, so obviously neither of them had any connection to the school district until it changed its name.

I don't have a problem with naming the school district after Bills players instead of more local heroes from Stueben County. I just think non-obese Bills starters would have been a better choice than overweight back-ups, given the epidemic of obesity among today's youth. Are you suggesting there are no fat kids in the district? That seems unlikely, but you've apparently been there, so you tell me. What's your point?

Anyways, Steuben County is in the Southern Tier, isn't it… and Buddy likes recruiting in the South?

I don't understand where the naysayers are coming from on this one.

I don't consider myself a Kool-aid drinker but it's kind of obvious isn't it?

I went to school in the Denney-McCargo Central School district. No seriously!

Ha ha . . . very funny, but do you have a link? Didn't think so.

As I have repeatedly pointed out, the Jasper-Troupsburg Central School District is a very real place. After openin' a can o' whup-a$$ in a shutout win over the Redskins, I wouldn't be surprised if we see some more school districts named after Bills players pretty soon.

I wonder if Ralph wrote a clause into the players' contracts where they can get schools named after them as a performance incentive instead of cash bonuses? Some people will say that just shows how cheap Ralph is, but I think it would be a smart move. Keeps us out of salary cap jail while we continue to build the team.