Jets game and smack talk

As someone who saw all four of those games I think it's fair to say they all could've gone the other way. But I really thought the Dallas game was the only one where the winning team was pretty clearly manhandled. What they didn't show on the NE highlights was the Bills moving the ball when it was 21-0 and having their first two drives stalled on a tipped ball int and a silly chop-block (I guess the Charger game was similar in that respect). Also, you guys haven't been that competitive in your losses.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss, no matter how it happened. It doesn't go in the standings as a "lucky 3 point win." Let's not argue over pointless stuff like that

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm NOT writing them off, on the contrary. That would be a mistake. I look at the way the Ravens beat on you, and I know we are not the team that can do that, however, we can do it well enough to cause problems for Sanchez. I seriously and truly believe that our philosophy this year in terms of pressure was not to measure success by sacking the QB. I think Edwards and Chan have approached the pressure game in the correct manner. These guys are young, and they need games under their belts. granted the Skins game shouldn't be used as a great meauring stick for how well we've progressed, but it does correlate well with the goal of the philosophy this year. The boys are learning on the job, and they've done quite well, IMO. I've seen measurable imporovement from week to week, and we're only getting better. We can bring it, but I think it is wise to get in the face rather than go for the sack in most cases. I liken our pass blitz to that which more closely aligns with a run blitz by plugging up holes, and getting the hands up. If Green or LT is going to beat us on the ground, it would pretty much have to be on the outside. We;ve got answers for your run game, and our run D this year is NOT indicative of the true game flow. We've given up big chunks of yardage but overall I think we're pretty good. If we can avoid the big play, we are all the better off.

Look, the Jets get respect here from knowledgable fans, but this years Bills are not a pushover.. The Jets WILL get a game on sunday, I can assure you of that. If we play to our strengths, and make few mistakes, we win. I know it sounds cliche, but in this case it's true!

Tim-

I'm NOT writing them off, on the contrary. That would be a mistake. I look at the way the Ravens beat on you, and I know we are not the team that can do that, however, we can do it well enough to cause problems for Sanchez. I seriously and truly believe that our philosophy this year in terms of pressure was not to measure success by sacking the QB. I think Edwards and Chan have approached the pressure game in the correct manner. These guys are young, and they need games under their belts. granted the Skins game shouldn't be used as a great meauring stick for how well we've progressed, but it does correlate well with the goal of the philosophy this year. The boys are learning on the job, and they've done quite well, IMO. I've seen measurable imporovement from week to week, and we're only getting better. We can bring it, but I think it is wise to get in the face rather than go for the sack in most cases. I liken our pass blitz to that which more closely aligns with a run blitz by plugging up holes, and getting the hands up. If Green or LT is going to beat us on the ground, it would pretty much have to be on the outside. We;ve got answers for your run game, and our run D this year is NOT indicative of the true game flow. We've given up big chunks of yardage but overall I think we're pretty good. If we can avoid the big play, we are all the better off.

Look, the Jets get respect here from knowledgable fans, but this years Bills are not a pushover.. The Jets WILL get a game on sunday, I can assure you of that. If we play to our strengths, and make few mistakes, we win. I know it sounds cliche, but in this case it's true!

Tim-

Don't use the Ravens game as a benchmark. Mangold >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baxter. If the Jets play to their strengths they can win as well. Lastly, the Jets defense has been giving up 1 big play on the ground per game for some reason. It's a lot of ifs for a guaranteed Bills win. I doubt it happens as you say it will.

I am sorry, Mangold is not the absolute god of a Center people make him out to be. He is among the best in the NFL currently - but get off of it. You can say Mangold will eat Dareus, and lets say he does. What happens next? You have a set of DL's that can clean up the scraps that Dareus leaves on the table. With our LB's able to play this year I do not see the Jets doing anything up the middle. Mangold will not be able to handle more then one guy this weekend. After this you get Ferguson who is just not fast enough to keep up with the almost as slow Kelsay, though he can outpower him. Moving on, you get the rest of the OL, who matches up against the rest of our unknown and undershaddowed DL. That leaves one of the deepest corp of DB's against one of the deepest corps of pass catchers. Without even taking FJackson in to this - look at each matchup. A big TE can eat a rookie CB in the nickel and that CB can only get lucky with his speed to defend the pass.

Sanchize, well, I wish someone would just come out and say it. He used to be clutch but he's always been mediocre. If Fitzgerald was your QB you would be better off. You'd be able to hit those WR's on the short passes you'd need to win, because your D cannot do it all and you need someone who can extend drives.

Revis island, isn't he as hyped as Asomaugh was? Sure, he's good, probably great. Alright, so now what? Cromartie doesn't scare me...but he can still create plays. The Bills have enough options to put the ball out that Revis is not going to factor as much as many would think - provided the Bills can just give it to FJ.

And shut up about Mangold. Wood will be at his level or beyond by next year.

Mangold is most likely going to hold Dareus. Mangold is the best C in the league by far, Darius is good but I think Mangold can handle him (the way he handled suh last year)

Mangold cannot hold Pouncey from Pittsburgh jock. And if you're right, the only way MAngold is going to stop Dareus is to hold him. He plays Dareus straight up and Sanchez will be picking himself up off the turf

I am sorry, Mangold is not the absolute god of a Center people make him out to be. He is among the best in the NFL currently - but get off of it. You can say Mangold will eat Dareus, and lets say he does. What happens next? You have a set of DL's that can clean up the scraps that Dareus leaves on the table. With our LB's able to play this year I do not see the Jets doing anything up the middle. Mangold will not be able to handle more then one guy this weekend. After this you get Ferguson who is just not fast enough to keep up with the almost as slow Kelsay, though he can outpower him. Moving on, you get the rest of the OL, who matches up against the rest of our unknown and undershaddowed DL. That leaves one of the deepest corp of DB's against one of the deepest corps of pass catchers. Without even taking FJackson in to this - look at each matchup. A big TE can eat a rookie CB in the nickel and that CB can only get lucky with his speed to defend the pass.

Sanchize, well, I wish someone would just come out and say it. He used to be clutch but he's always been mediocre. If Fitzgerald was your QB you would be better off. You'd be able to hit those WR's on the short passes you'd need to win, because your D cannot do it all and you need someone who can extend drives.

Revis island, isn't he as hyped as Asomaugh was? Sure, he's good, probably great. Alright, so now what? Cromartie doesn't scare me...but he can still create plays. The Bills have enough options to put the ball out that Revis is not going to factor as much as many would think - provided the Bills can just give it to FJ.

And shut up about Mangold. Wood will be at his level or beyond by next year.

I'm sorry, but the bolded statement is !@#$ing delusional.

Revis has a 2.9 rating against him this year. That's so "good"! Wilson isn't a rook, he's a 2nd year player who's doing an amazing job this year.

I'm not even going to bother arguing Sanchez anymore, because no one pays attention to my points. <_<

You're a little too biased for me to argue with, don't act like the Bills are the greatest at every position ever, and I would refute your points. If that's not what you meant to do, that's how it came off.

Mangold cannot hold Pouncey from Pittsburgh jock. And if you're right, the only way MAngold is going to stop Dareus is to hold him. He plays Dareus straight up and Sanchez will be picking himself up off the turf

Yep, the best center in the league for the last couple seasons definitely can't handle this unblockable rookie!

Actually wood may be better than mangold already. Hes been a big part of Jacksons dominance and fitz time in the pocket

Even if he has, it's too small a sample to declare him better than Mangold already. Give it a season before you declare him the best in the league.

I'm sorry, but the bolded statement is !@#$ing delusional.

Revis has a 2.9 rating against him this year. That's so "good"! Wilson isn't a rook, he's a 2nd year player who's doing an amazing job this year.

I'm not even going to bother arguing Sanchez anymore, because no one pays attention to my points. <_<

You're a little too biased for me to argue with, don't act like the Bills are the greatest at every position ever, and I would refute your points. If that's not what you meant to do, that's how it came off.

Yep, the best center in the league for the last couple seasons definitely can't handle this unblockable rookie!

The best center in the league plays for Pittsburgh, Mangold is only the best in your delusional mind