Jets game and smack talk

As someone who saw all four of those games I think it's fair to say they all could've gone the other way. But I really thought the Dallas game was the only one where the winning team was pretty clearly manhandled. What they didn't show on the NE highlights was the Bills moving the ball when it was 21-0 and having their first two drives stalled on a tipped ball int and a silly chop-block (I guess the Charger game was similar in that respect). Also, you guys haven't been that competitive in your losses.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss, no matter how it happened. It doesn't go in the standings as a "lucky 3 point win." Let's not argue over pointless stuff like that

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm NOT writing them off, on the contrary. That would be a mistake. I look at the way the Ravens beat on you, and I know we are not the team that can do that, however, we can do it well enough to cause problems for Sanchez. I seriously and truly believe that our philosophy this year in terms of pressure was not to measure success by sacking the QB. I think Edwards and Chan have approached the pressure game in the correct manner. These guys are young, and they need games under their belts. granted the Skins game shouldn't be used as a great meauring stick for how well we've progressed, but it does correlate well with the goal of the philosophy this year. The boys are learning on the job, and they've done quite well, IMO. I've seen measurable imporovement from week to week, and we're only getting better. We can bring it, but I think it is wise to get in the face rather than go for the sack in most cases. I liken our pass blitz to that which more closely aligns with a run blitz by plugging up holes, and getting the hands up. If Green or LT is going to beat us on the ground, it would pretty much have to be on the outside. We;ve got answers for your run game, and our run D this year is NOT indicative of the true game flow. We've given up big chunks of yardage but overall I think we're pretty good. If we can avoid the big play, we are all the better off.

Look, the Jets get respect here from knowledgable fans, but this years Bills are not a pushover.. The Jets WILL get a game on sunday, I can assure you of that. If we play to our strengths, and make few mistakes, we win. I know it sounds cliche, but in this case it's true!

Tim-

I'm NOT writing them off, on the contrary. That would be a mistake. I look at the way the Ravens beat on you, and I know we are not the team that can do that, however, we can do it well enough to cause problems for Sanchez. I seriously and truly believe that our philosophy this year in terms of pressure was not to measure success by sacking the QB. I think Edwards and Chan have approached the pressure game in the correct manner. These guys are young, and they need games under their belts. granted the Skins game shouldn't be used as a great meauring stick for how well we've progressed, but it does correlate well with the goal of the philosophy this year. The boys are learning on the job, and they've done quite well, IMO. I've seen measurable imporovement from week to week, and we're only getting better. We can bring it, but I think it is wise to get in the face rather than go for the sack in most cases. I liken our pass blitz to that which more closely aligns with a run blitz by plugging up holes, and getting the hands up. If Green or LT is going to beat us on the ground, it would pretty much have to be on the outside. We;ve got answers for your run game, and our run D this year is NOT indicative of the true game flow. We've given up big chunks of yardage but overall I think we're pretty good. If we can avoid the big play, we are all the better off.

Look, the Jets get respect here from knowledgable fans, but this years Bills are not a pushover.. The Jets WILL get a game on sunday, I can assure you of that. If we play to our strengths, and make few mistakes, we win. I know it sounds cliche, but in this case it's true!

Tim-

Don't use the Ravens game as a benchmark. Mangold >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baxter. If the Jets play to their strengths they can win as well. Lastly, the Jets defense has been giving up 1 big play on the ground per game for some reason. It's a lot of ifs for a guaranteed Bills win. I doubt it happens as you say it will.

I am sorry, Mangold is not the absolute god of a Center people make him out to be. He is among the best in the NFL currently - but get off of it. You can say Mangold will eat Dareus, and lets say he does. What happens next? You have a set of DL's that can clean up the scraps that Dareus leaves on the table. With our LB's able to play this year I do not see the Jets doing anything up the middle. Mangold will not be able to handle more then one guy this weekend. After this you get Ferguson who is just not fast enough to keep up with the almost as slow Kelsay, though he can outpower him. Moving on, you get the rest of the OL, who matches up against the rest of our unknown and undershaddowed DL. That leaves one of the deepest corp of DB's against one of the deepest corps of pass catchers. Without even taking FJackson in to this - look at each matchup. A big TE can eat a rookie CB in the nickel and that CB can only get lucky with his speed to defend the pass.

Sanchize, well, I wish someone would just come out and say it. He used to be clutch but he's always been mediocre. If Fitzgerald was your QB you would be better off. You'd be able to hit those WR's on the short passes you'd need to win, because your D cannot do it all and you need someone who can extend drives.

Revis island, isn't he as hyped as Asomaugh was? Sure, he's good, probably great. Alright, so now what? Cromartie doesn't scare me...but he can still create plays. The Bills have enough options to put the ball out that Revis is not going to factor as much as many would think - provided the Bills can just give it to FJ.

And shut up about Mangold. Wood will be at his level or beyond by next year.

Mangold is most likely going to hold Dareus. Mangold is the best C in the league by far, Darius is good but I think Mangold can handle him (the way he handled suh last year)

Mangold cannot hold Pouncey from Pittsburgh jock. And if you're right, the only way MAngold is going to stop Dareus is to hold him. He plays Dareus straight up and Sanchez will be picking himself up off the turf

I am sorry, Mangold is not the absolute god of a Center people make him out to be. He is among the best in the NFL currently - but get off of it. You can say Mangold will eat Dareus, and lets say he does. What happens next? You have a set of DL's that can clean up the scraps that Dareus leaves on the table. With our LB's able to play this year I do not see the Jets doing anything up the middle. Mangold will not be able to handle more then one guy this weekend. After this you get Ferguson who is just not fast enough to keep up with the almost as slow Kelsay, though he can outpower him. Moving on, you get the rest of the OL, who matches up against the rest of our unknown and undershaddowed DL. That leaves one of the deepest corp of DB's against one of the deepest corps of pass catchers. Without even taking FJackson in to this - look at each matchup. A big TE can eat a rookie CB in the nickel and that CB can only get lucky with his speed to defend the pass.

Sanchize, well, I wish someone would just come out and say it. He used to be clutch but he's always been mediocre. If Fitzgerald was your QB you would be better off. You'd be able to hit those WR's on the short passes you'd need to win, because your D cannot do it all and you need someone who can extend drives.

Revis island, isn't he as hyped as Asomaugh was? Sure, he's good, probably great. Alright, so now what? Cromartie doesn't scare me...but he can still create plays. The Bills have enough options to put the ball out that Revis is not going to factor as much as many would think - provided the Bills can just give it to FJ.

And shut up about Mangold. Wood will be at his level or beyond by next year.

I'm sorry, but the bolded statement is !@#$ing delusional.

Revis has a 2.9 rating against him this year. That's so "good"! Wilson isn't a rook, he's a 2nd year player who's doing an amazing job this year.

I'm not even going to bother arguing Sanchez anymore, because no one pays attention to my points. <_<

You're a little too biased for me to argue with, don't act like the Bills are the greatest at every position ever, and I would refute your points. If that's not what you meant to do, that's how it came off.

Mangold cannot hold Pouncey from Pittsburgh jock. And if you're right, the only way MAngold is going to stop Dareus is to hold him. He plays Dareus straight up and Sanchez will be picking himself up off the turf

Yep, the best center in the league for the last couple seasons definitely can't handle this unblockable rookie!

Actually wood may be better than mangold already. Hes been a big part of Jacksons dominance and fitz time in the pocket

Even if he has, it's too small a sample to declare him better than Mangold already. Give it a season before you declare him the best in the league.

Revis has a 2.9 rating against him this year. That's so "good"! Wilson isn't a rook, he's a 2nd year player who's doing an amazing job this year.

I'm not even going to bother arguing Sanchez anymore, because no one pays attention to my points. <_<

You're a little too biased for me to argue with, don't act like the Bills are the greatest at every position ever, and I would refute your points. If that's not what you meant to do, that's how it came off.

Yep, the best center in the league for the last couple seasons definitely can't handle this unblockable rookie!

The best center in the league plays for Pittsburgh, Mangold is only the best in your delusional mind

Position by position, we'll do this

Bills win at:

QB, RB, WR, TE, SS/FS, P, K, DL, LB

Jets win at:

OL, CB

Draw at:

Long snapper

If you disagree with that I will not understand. Where you will misunderstand is that as a team the positions come together better for the Jets, historically/relatively speaking. The SS/FS duo we have is underrated, a lot like the young Jets OL is...I could almost give an edge to the Bills on the OL but the Jets are starting to look promising. Wood is as close to being better then Mangold then you'd beleive. Unfortunately, you will not see that this weekend because the DL ya'll have is still learning.

Even if he has, it's too small a sample to declare him better than Mangold already. Give it a season before you declare him the best in the league.

Havent declared him anything. Said "may be". When bills featured back has 300 more yards and 1.7 more yards per carry than jets, and bills QB has a 15 pt higher QB rating, you can't so easily assume that mangold>wood. I know i wouldn't trade them.

So if I'm understanding correctly, the Jets are going to dominate the Bills on both sides of the ball?

Man, why are they even scheduling the game?

Listen... I'm down for being a homer, I get that.. but to completely ignore the fact that the Bills are 5-2 with one of the toughest schedules in the AFC, is a bit far. We don't have big names, but we show up to play... I highly doubt, even if the Bills lose, that they will just roll over and let the Jets dominate them in all facets of the game like you're predicting.

Position by position, we'll do this

Bills win at:

QB, RB, WR, TE, SS/FS, P, K, DL, LB

Jets win at:

OL, CB

Draw at:

Long snapper

If you disagree with that I will not understand. Where you will misunderstand is that as a team the positions come together better for the Jets, historically/relatively speaking. The SS/FS duo we have is underrated, a lot like the young Jets OL is...I could almost give an edge to the Bills on the OL but the Jets are starting to look promising. Wood is as close to being better then Mangold then you'd beleive. Unfortunately, you will not see that this weekend because the DL ya'll have is still learning.

I would say:

Bills win at:

QB, RB, Safeties, OLB (Thomas out for the year, I'll give you this)

Jets win at:

WR, TE, O-Line, ILB

D-line is pretty much a push. Special teams as a whole are a push as well (returning, coverage, kicker/punter)

So if I'm understanding correctly, the Jets are going to dominate the Bills on both sides of the ball?

Man, why are they even scheduling the game?

Listen... I'm down for being a homer, I get that.. but to completely ignore the fact that the Bills are 5-2 with one of the toughest schedules in the AFC, is a bit far. We don't have big names, but we show up to play... I highly doubt, even if the Bills lose, that they will just roll over and let the Jets dominate them in all facets of the game like you're predicting.

I never said that actually. I said it would be a close game.

Havent declared him anything. Said "may be". When bills featured back has 300 more yards and 1.7 more yards per carry than jets, and bills QB has a 15 pt higher QB rating, you can't so easily assume that mangold>wood. I know i wouldn't trade them.

Mangold has been injured for all but 2 games - in the 2 games where he was healthy, they were pretty much the Jets' best offensive outputs. And center isn't the only offensive line position, so you can't just compare offensive stats to copmare the centers.

Without Pouncey being able to be included on that list...well, it's not a list.

btw, This is 2011, I'll buy you a calendar.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/06/14/2010-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/

Top 10 in pass blocking for centers: Mangold. Bottom 10: Pouncey.

There's no complete stats for this year yet, if you're going to tell me it's not 2010

I never said that actually. I said it would be a close game.

Mangold has been injured for all but 2 games - in the 2 games where he was healthy, they were pretty much the Jets' best offensive outputs. And center isn't the only offensive line position, so you can't just compare offensive stats to copmare the centers.

Ah, guess I missed that, I just saw the post where you thought the Jets would dominate our offense and then the continued talking up about how much better your players are than ours.

The Jets are good, they've been waaaaay better than the Bills in recent history. This is a new season, we'll see what happens. The Bills do need to beat the Jets to have any room to talk about being the best in the AFC East... one part of that was the Patriots and we pulled that one out. So I understand that we are still underdogs, even on our own turf.

And Pouncey doesn't get on that list because of their decision of how many games that person must play to be included.

ANd of course the writer of said article on such a high end site (cough) cannot be biased, especially the way he goes above and beyond kissing Mangold's butt

Edited by tjprime

That's a good point! ^^^^ :)

I wouldn't trade Wood for Mangold either, so perhaps this is the clincher for me as to whom I think is better!

Tim-

Ah, guess I missed that, I just saw the post where you thought the Jets would dominate our offense and then the continued talking up about how much better your players are than ours.

The Jets are good, they've been waaaaay better than the Bills in recent history. This is a new season, we'll see what happens. The Bills do need to beat the Jets to have any room to talk about being the best in the AFC East... one part of that was the Patriots and we pulled that one out. So I understand that we are still underdogs, even on our own turf.

I never said we would dominate your offense. I said in general, the Jets defense matches up well with the Bills, while you guys were telling me how great the Bills offense was and would dominate.

You're actually favorites according to Vegas. I'd still say it's a close game, and Jets win by a field goal.

I would say:

Bills win at:

QB, RB, Safeties, OLB (Thomas out for the year, I'll give you this)

Jets win at:

WR, TE, O-Line, ILB

D-line is pretty much a push. Special teams as a whole are a push as well (returning, coverage, kicker/punter)

Oh come on, we have the thrilling CJ Spiller, he's had like 3 TD's in 2 years!

Jets are 22nd in the league with passing, so I am not that worried. The Bills are a head-scratching 13th. Though the Jets have 14 TD's passing, which is impressive the 17 sacks and 55.8% passing rating is not. You might also see a jump in the number of INT's this weekend.

That's a good point! ^^^^ :)

I wouldn't trade Wood for Mangold either, so perhaps this is the clincher for me as to whom I think is better!

Tim-

Mangold has been injured in all but 2 games this year. Offensive stats don't necessarily reflect 1/5 positions on the o-line. Sorry to disappoint you.

Oh come on, we have the thrilling CJ Spiller, he's had like 3 TD's in 2 years!

Jets are 22nd in the league with passing, so I am not that worried. The Bills are a head-scratching 13th. Though the Jets have 14 TD's passing, which is impressive the 17 sacks and 55.8% passing rating is not. You might also see a jump in the number of INT's this weekend.

Possibly we will see a jump in INTs. The Bills have been ballhawks. You might as well though - Jets have been generally good on defense with turnovers.

The 17 sacks are due to the incohesion of the O-line. I'm counting on them all back together to improve and get better. The 56% completion percentage is skewed by the Ravens game where Sanchez never had more than 2.5 seconds to throw, though it still counts.

I never said we would dominate your offense. I said in general, the Jets defense matches up well with the Bills, while you guys were telling me how great the Bills offense was and would dominate.

You're actually favorites according to Vegas. I'd still say it's a close game, and Jets win by a field goal.

1.5 favorites on home turf = neutral field underdog. :)

Jets are still the big name, with the Patriots, in the AFC East, hopefully we can get some respect soon.

1.5 favorites on home turf = neutral field underdog. :)

Jets are still the big name, with the Patriots, in the AFC East, hopefully we can get some respect soon.

Probably the Jets' big name factored in as well. People are more likely to bet on them than the Bills.

Mangold has been injured in all but 2 games this year. Offensive stats don't necessarily reflect 1/5 positions on the o-line. Sorry to disappoint you.

Possibly we will see a jump in INTs. The Bills have been ballhawks. You might as well though - Jets have been generally good on defense with turnovers.

The 17 sacks are due to the incohesion of the O-line. I'm counting on them all back together to improve and get better. The 56% completion percentage is skewed by the Ravens game where Sanchez never had more than 2.5 seconds to throw, though it still counts.

Granted, however, I'm not disappointed. Mangold is good, but Wood is better, -and- Wood doesn't need to hold, -and- he's younger and more powerful! :)

So yeah, HELL yeah.. I wouldn't trade Wood for Mangold.. Why would anyone?

Tim-

Granted, however, I'm not disappointed. Mangold is good, but Wood is better, -and- Wood doesn't need to hold, -and- he's younger and more powerful! :)

So yeah, HELL yeah.. I wouldn't trade Wood for Mangold.. Why would anyone?

Tim-

He probably holds from other fans' POV. Take off dem blinders for a bit - Mangold holds and Wood doesn't?

I'm pretty sure 98% of the league would not trade Mangold for Wood.

Probably the Jets' big name factored in as well. People are more likely to bet on them than the Bills.

I'll take that bet!

I think that among the various "experts" on the TV, we get at least a 3 - 2 in favor of the Bills count..

Tim-

I'll take that bet!

I think that among the various "experts" on the TV, we get at least a 3 - 2 in favor of the Bills count..

Tim-

Good. I like the Jets better as underdogs better anyway. They come out with more fire.

He probably holds from other fans' POV. Take off dem blinders for a bit - Mangold holds and Wood doesn't?

I'm pretty sure 98% of the league would not trade Mangold for Wood.

Well lets ask it this way. Would YOU trade the two based on how much they make? Do you "lose" anything by acquiring Wood? But, do you "gain" anything by doing so? Now think like a GM or FO guy.. :)

Tim-

Well lets ask it this way. Would YOU trade the two based on how much they make? Do you "lose" anything by acquiring Wood? But, do you "gain" anything by doing so? Now think like a GM or FO guy.. :)

Tim-

We ain't judging by pay. We're judging by talent. And Mangold is just better at this stage in time.