Houston @ Jags is everything

nodnarb

The football gods are setting a table that looks pretty bleak for the Bills. The Jags are favored to win out. They are playing two teams that are out of it and have not played consistently. Those 2 minutes in our week 1 matchup is about to Rosen the party.

The Jets will lose to NE and beat STL, finishing 11-5.

The Ravens will lose to Pitt this weekend, so they'll be done.

The Bills will finish 10-6.

The Broncos will lose to Indy, so they'll be done.

The only thing that can get us in with the Jets is one Jags loss. They will be pumped to win at home. They'll get it. Can they beat the hapless and distracted Raiders?

You bet.

We could use some voodoo experts, folks.

Actually, I don't think that Raiders game is going to be easy for the Jaguars. I have watched the Raiders play a lot of late and they are playing some great football. Collins has been on a role. I could see the Jags losing to the Texans as well. The Jaguars did not look good this past Sunday (the Packers were horrible).

So let's quit speculating and play the games.

I couldn't disagree more.

The Colts are not going to win a "run for the bus" game on the road in Denver.

A Texans win would be nice, but as far as this week is concerned, the Titans-Broncos game is everything.

I'll take my chances on the final weekend needing either a Jags or Jets loss.

173286[/snapback]

No.

This is what makes it fun to be a football fan.

Being a fan doesn't mean you watch football from 1-4 and 4-7 on Sunday and then just turn off your football mind.

It means watching all day sunday, then watching the highlights from 7-8, then the Sunday night game, then talking all day Monday about it, and speculating on how this will affect next Sunday. Then, watching monday night, and loving Miami beating NE. Its all about being a fan.

Let us speculate. It's what makes it fun.

Well, one thing is for certain, assuming we beat San Fran:

We won't know anything about our playoff destiny prior to the final game against Pittsburgh, so it'll be one hell of a ride the rest of the way.

And that's about all one could ask for after an 0-4 start.

Well, that and a little more cowbell.

No.

This is what makes it fun to be a football fan.

Being a fan doesn't mean you watch football from 1-4 and 4-7 on Sunday and then just turn off your football mind.

It means watching all day sunday, then watching the highlights from 7-8, then the Sunday night game, then talking all day Monday about it, and speculating on how this will affect next Sunday. Then, watching monday night, and loving Miami beating NE. Its all about being a fan.

Let us speculate. It's what makes it fun.

173352[/snapback]

good lord Stojan, if that wasn't so long I'd put it in my signature. Very well said. Gold star for you.

That's the way I feel about the offseason in Baseball. I hear folks bitching about some of us fools talking about the transactions going on now. But, I love it. I love the game. It's my favorite sport. And when you love it....well you said it above.

Well, one thing is for certain, assuming we beat San Fran:

We won't know anything about our playoff destiny prior to the final game against Pittsburgh, so it'll be one hell of a ride the rest of the way.

And that's about all one could ask for after an 0-4 start.

Well, that and a little more cowbell.

173366[/snapback]

Well, if Denver, Jax, and Baltimore all lose this week, and we win, a win against Pitts gets us in...

stranger things have happened.

...and if Jax wins out and makes the playoffs, tip your cap. They've won a lot of close games this season (including the Bills and GB on the road). Look how close they came to pulling out the Pgh game a few weeks back.

That said, Houston and Choakland will not roll over. The DolFelons, to their credit, showed Monday night they're professionals. Regardless of record, you play your tails off every game.

Actually, I don't think that Raiders game is going to be easy for the Jaguars. I have watched the Raiders play a lot of late and they are playing some great football. Collins has been on a role. I could see the Jags losing to the Texans as well. The Jaguars did not look good this past Sunday (the Packers were horrible).

173286[/snapback]

I definately agree, think about it.

Stevestojan said in another thread that his buddy from GB said that the Packers' secondary is so bad that they have no chance. WEll if their secondary is so that bad, why was that such a low scoring game, the bills would have LIT UP the pack. I think the jaguars are a fragile team that can lose on any given week and the Raiders have been playing solid ball as of late. In Oakland, for the playoffs, its thetype of game a team like the Jags would have a good chance of dropping. I've resigned to teh fact that the Texans stand little chance but at least they are all young guys trying to prove themselves. However, I feel that Oakland represents teh best chance of Jaguar defeat.

I think the Baltimore, Jacksonville, Denver,and Jets games are all equal in importance.

I doubt all 4 of these will happen, but if it is three of the four teams INCLUDING the Jets, that is ideal, because if the Jets did lose at St. Louis, we would only need to root for a Jets loss and a Bills win to get into the postseason.

The beautiful thing about all this as a Bills fan is, and LABillzFan mentioned this very well in a previous thread, at LEAST we are talking about playoff scenarios and not about the NFL Draft in late December. Im just thankful for that.

I disagree that the houston game is everything, i think that they are more likely to lose on the road next week against the raiders barring some sin raiders dismantling(which at any point in the season is never out of the question when Al davis is involved)

I think we are all overhyping Jacksonville a bit. They may win their next two, but they are very capable, if not likely of losing one of their next two.

Granted, they have played a tough schedule, play hard and are in pretty much every game. But, consider the following:

1. They already lost to Houston 20-6 in week 8.

2. Prior to beating Chicago and Green Bay, they had lost 4 of 5 including a home loss to Tennessee.

3. The one win in that stretch was over Detroit, in overtime.

4. Of their 8 wins, only one has been by more than 6 points, and 6 have been by 3 points or less or in OT.

Lets not put them at 10 wins just yet.

I think we are all overhyping Jacksonville a bit. They may win their next two, but they are very capable, if not likely of losing one of their next two.

Granted, they have played a tough schedule, play hard and are in pretty much every game.  But, consider the following:

1. They already lost to Houston 20-6 in week 8.

2. Prior to beating Chicago and Green Bay, they had lost 4 of 5 including a home loss to Tennessee.

3. The one win in that stretch was over Detroit, in overtime.

4. Of their 8 wins, only one has been by more than 6 points, and 6 have been by 3 points or less or in OT.

Lets not put them at 10 wins just yet.

173583[/snapback]

Good post - that actually gets my hopes up a little.

But to be fair:

- They were up on Detroit 17-3 until two punt returns for TD's in the 4th qtr

- The 1st Houston game was 13-6 until a late int td.

Jacksonville is a pretender.

173719[/snapback]

Hardly.

Did you watch the Pittsburgh or the Packers game?

The team is excellent. They run a lot, and have a great QB. They may not put up a ton of points or allow the fewest in the league but they are darn good on both sides of the ball.

if Jax makes it I could see them making a run.

Am I the only one that sees this happening?

-Jets losing the rest of the way (NE needs a win, and @ St Louis might be for division or at least playoffs for the Rams)

-Balt losing to Pitt (Pitt really wants to knock them out of the playoffs)

-Jags winning out (They are on a roll)

-Denver losing at least once (They aren't)

-Buffalo wins out

Buffalo and Jags are in.

Anyone? Anyone?