(SUW) What are you listening to?

Fezmid

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new U2, though I don't like it much.  They've certainly mellowed with age and the production has the Edge WAY too far down for my taste.

173538[/snapback]

Agreed. The only song on it that's moved me much is "City of Blinding Lights." That kind of jittery piano doubled with the guitar solo on that song sounds awesome.

Agreed.  The only song on it that's moved me much is "City of Blinding Lights."  That kind of jittery piano doubled with the guitar solo on that song sounds awesome.

173630[/snapback]

You can certainly hear U2 underneath it all but the damn album sounds like a chick flick soundtrack (with the exception of Vertigo).

Damn.

You can certainly hear U2 underneath it all but the damn album sounds like a chick flick soundtrack (with the exception of Vertigo).

Damn.

173644[/snapback]

Around here we were on "Vertigo" overkill. It must have been on every goddamned ad produced in the city for a month. Plus those IPod ads. F--in hipsters.

Around here we were on "Vertigo" overkill.  It must have been on every goddamned ad produced in the city for a month.  Plus those IPod ads.  F--in hipsters.

173661[/snapback]

Thankfully, I have TIVO AND live in Alaska. Those two things really keep me from losing my mind (any further).

Damn.

173644[/snapback]

There should have been three or four more "harder" songs on the album, but I still like it. Track 3 is chick flickish, but I admit I really like it. 5, 6, 7 and 8 are all good songs too.

Vertigo is a great song, but I wouldn't mind going a few weeks without hearing it. That seems impossible though.