Weekends are a little differnt

Call me nutty....but aside from my kid's varsity game on Friday night, I find myself getting more done on Saturdays...freeing up my whole Sundays, having a few more cold ones and savoraving the whole day instead of just watching the game and shutting off the T.V. at 4:00 and going about my day...am I the only one?...just wondering?

Today I managed to go to lowes and buy carpet, 2 sets of blinds, threshold for a door and a new stopper for the tub. Installed both blinds and the stopper. Tore out the vinyl tile that was in the room that needs to be carpeted and installed both sets of blinds.

Oh and I golf 9 holes this morning for my leagues end of the season outing in 40 degree weather with wind and rain.

Yes. I am getting a lot done on the weekends now. Always looking forward to Sunday. Got the crock pot ready to fire around 9am tomorrow for family coming over.

I LOVE THIS!!!

I flew home from Calgary on Wednesday night; Calgary-Chicago, Chicago-Syracuse. The latter leg barreled straight on, due west, with the Big Dipper on the port side. The weather was more of this goddamn patchy on-and-off-shower-crap that we've been having for a week. I mean, ENOUGH ALREADY. Muskegon, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Detroit, London, Guelph. All patchy with clouds.

Then came Buffalo. That's right. Buffalo.

Buffalo.

The view was just...well, it was just spectacular. The weather had broken, the North Star sat happily above downtown, and the whole city just GLOWED. I know it was just a trick of the light, but I've flown over Buffalo about four million times, and it has just never looked that good. The whole place was just alive.

Just...very...proud.