Stop Talking Draft Predictions!!!

Maybe its just me, but one thing I was hoping to look forward to this year was not hearing about draft predictions halfway through the season... guess not. Guys we are entering week 4, we are 3-0 and you guys are talking about next years draft! live in the moment a little! in my opinion, if your more excited about the upcoming draft than you are about the rest of the season, you are either a pessimist who thinks we are going to lose out the rest of the season, or your just not a football fan.

Me for one, I'm excited about our current team, and the potential we have for this season. The game that we clinches us NOT making the playoffs is the time to start talking about the draft. Not week 4!!

I dont understand why people think talking about the draft means we've given up on this season... :blink:

Im really excited about what we are doing this year, and really happy with the start.

But I also love college football, and talking about prospects, and the draft goes hand in hand with that.

We have a good team this year. We are building towards greatness. Nothing wrong with talking about how we're going to continue to build. Doesnt mean Im not appreciating what is happening right now.

Maybe its just me, but one thing I was hoping to look forward to this year was not hearing about draft predictions halfway through the season... guess not. Guys we are entering week 4, we are 3-0 and you guys are talking about next years draft! live in the moment a little! in my opinion, if your more excited about the upcoming draft than you are about the rest of the season, you are either a pessimist who thinks we are going to lose out the rest of the season, or your just not a football fan.

Me for one, I'm excited about our current team, and the potential we have for this season. The game that we clinches us NOT making the playoffs is the time to start talking about the draft. Not week 4!!

Well said. Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable!

If you are referring to Astro's draft-tek thread...

The guy has a passion for the Bills and the draft, and if you don't like it, don't open the thread. He puts a ton of work into this every year, and I know I am not alone in appreciating his efforts, and I am willing to talk draft anytime of the year.

:angry:

I dont understand why people think talking about the draft means we've given up on this season... :blink:

Im really excited about what we are doing this year, and really happy with the start.

But I also love college football, and talking about prospects, and the draft goes hand in hand with that.

We have a good team this year. We are building towards greatness. Nothing wrong with talking about how we're going to continue to build. Doesnt mean Im not appreciating what is happening right now.

I don't have a problem with being interested in college football. I don't have a problem with being interested in the NFL draft. But when it comes to predicting players we should draft this early in the season, its just foolish.

Three weeks into the season no one knows what our strengths and weaknesses are going to be by seasons end, so it makes no sense to make speculation on what players jobs are in jeopardy come draft day. Just like everything else, there is a time and place for draft talk. That time is about week 12. not week 3

The guy has a passion for the Bills and the draft, and if you don't like it, don't open the thread. He puts a ton of work into this every year, and I know I am not alone in appreciating his efforts, and I am willing to talk draft anytime of the year.

I'm not calling out anybody by any means. I'm just having a hard time understanding why a fan would look forward to the draft (the event that teams use to rebuild their team), without knowing what the outcome of their current team is...

please help me out if I'm missing something

I second DrDareustein's thread. I too am enjoying the ride so far but am not a blind homer either. We absolutely still have some weak spots on this team with overall speed on D being probably the most glaring. Nothing wrong with being familiar with players who can fill some of those voids! Once again don't worry, I think 99% of us are enjoying this start. :thumbsup:

I'm not calling out anybody by any means. I'm just having a hard time understanding why a fan would look forward to the draft (the event that teams use to rebuild their team), without knowing what the outcome of their current team is...

I'm trying to be gentle newbie...The only thing you are missing is what I already stated..don't open the thread if the subject matter doesn't interest you.

exactly. there hasn't been much draft talk aside from astrobot, and his posts are pretty informative. hardly something to complain about.

it is amazing how with a 3-0 start and people still find things to complain about. "how dare you like these college players and say you want them on the bills! that makes me soooooo mad!"

like really. CAn't people enjoy the growing of a young team and hope it keeps getting better or do we have to nitpick and complain about meaningless things, still?

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

In the past draft talk was because we sucked and were already looking to next season. In my head, draft talk this early has negative connotations. That's my issue...simply a psychological one....I love the work astro puts into it...I'm just focused on enjoying the bills game on Sunday

Well Said!!

I don't know. draft talk is just draft talk to me, or to anyone that watches college football. If you watch both college football and the nfl, it is hard not to talk about it. Especially if you see players you like in college and want them to come to your team.

and it is ONE thread from what I can see. it isn't like it is a flood of threads talking about drafting. and the draft thread is far from a doom and gloom thread. it is more hopeful than anything.

I don't have a problem with being interested in college football. I don't have a problem with being interested in the NFL draft. But when it comes to predicting players we should draft this early in the season, its just foolish.

Three weeks into the season no one knows what our strengths and weaknesses are going to be by seasons end, so it makes no sense to make speculation on what players jobs are in jeopardy come draft day. Just like everything else, there is a time and place for draft talk. That time is about week 12. not week 3

It has nothing to do with "jobs being in jeopardy", or looking past this season.

You answer your own question with the term you use. A FAN is fanatical about their team, and discusses every aspect. Theres only so much to talk about in between games during the season.

Nothing wrong with a little side discussion about who is ON OUR RADAR for draft prospects. It's very far away, and the prospects will most likely change 10 times over, but it's still interesting. Especially if you like college ball too. Plus, the draft isnt something we MIGHT be in, like the playoffs. The 2012 draft IS happening. It's an inevitability. Might as well be prepared.

I dont know what else to tell you. No one is looking past this season, or giving up on it, or not enjoying it. I'm here and loving it. Doesnt mean I dont want to talk about college players that should be on our radar while watching college ball this year...

In the past draft talk was because we sucked and were already looking to next season. In my head, draft talk this early has negative connotations. That's my issue...simply a psychological one....I love the work astro puts into it...I'm just focused on enjoying the bills game on Sunday

I understand this completely, but that isnt the case now. In Astro's thread, they have us picking at 18. Normally, draft threads start out "Who do we pick with the #1 overall?".

But not anymore. :thumbsup:

That just shows how flawed that simulator is....how the hell does the super bowl winner pick 18th???

I understand this completely, but that isnt the case now. In Astro's thread, they have us picking at 18. Normally, draft threads start out "Who do we pick with the #1 overall?".

But not anymore. :thumbsup: