(LAMP)Buying CD's for my 2 oldest poojers

The Poojer

13 & 14 and not really in to music, but they are getting discmans for christmas, so i want to start them on their musical journey correctly. so i am trying to come up with the quintessential cd's to start with. so far i have come up with "sgt. pepper" and "dark side". i am having a hard time coming up with the other 2. anyone have any suggestions. remember i am looking for the quintessential rock and roll lps, not just some obscure band that 4 or 5 people think are breasts! classic rock lps that have withstood the test of time. thanks in advance

13 & 14 and not really in to music, but they are getting discmans for christmas, so i want to start them on their musical journey correctly.  so i am trying to come up with the quintessential cd's to start with.  so far i have come up with "sgt. pepper" and "dark side".  i am having a hard time coming up with the other 2.  anyone have any suggestions.  remember i am looking for the quintessential rock and roll lps, not just some obscure band that 4 or 5 people think are breasts!  classic rock lps that have withstood the test of time.  thanks in advance

171592[/snapback]

Why buy CDs when you can download anything you need for free?

:w00t:

I know but give him some of the CD's that everyone's talking about and there gonna get the sh-- kicked out of them at school. This isnt the 1960s.

171650[/snapback]

I may not agree on Tupac, but Daq is right..

you're gonna give your 13 year old the Beatles and Pink Floyd?

Might as well buy them a tattoo to put on their foreheads that says "weird kids in class"

We may like those two bands, but better off giving them gift certificates to Best Buy and let them choose.

Don't force your music on them to "keep it alive"...

171663[/snapback]

i disagree....

the first tape i ever had was the one my uncle gave me.

it was Frank Sinatra.

I hated it when i first got it.....now? I love it!

i am buying them for them so i am gonna force it on em, i may also get them a bmg/colombia house membership, so they can pick thier own.

I may not agree on Tupac, but Daq is right.. 

you're gonna give your 13 year old  the Beatles and Pink Floyd?

Might as well buy them a tattoo to put on their foreheads that says "weird kids in class"

We may like those two bands, but better off giving them gift certificates to Best Buy and let them choose.

171663[/snapback]