Our Sackless Front FOUR NOT ENOUGH CREDIT

EldaBillsFan

Everyone says we arent a great or good pass rushing defense because of the lack of sacks....but what about pressure?....or causing the pocket to close in?....several times on front four cause the pocket to close up....forcing Brady to get rid of the ball made a second sooner than he wanted. I love that we didnt get frustated and decided to blitz, which would have played right into Bill and Bradys hand.....And it also speaks to the conditioning .... Last Note: Shawn kept the pressure on the tackles, through out the game and Brady felt it come....only time when Brady had too much time was with the TD to Wes.

Everyone says we arent a great or good pass rushing defense because of the lack of sacks....but what about pressure?....or causing the pocket to close in?....several times on front four cause the pocket to close up....forcing Brady to get rid of the ball made a second sooner than he wanted. I love that we didnt get frustated and decided to blitz, which would have played right into Bill and Bradys hand.....And it also speaks to the conditioning .... Last Note: Shawn kept the pressure on the tackles, through out the game and Brady felt it come....only time when Brady had too much time was with the TD to Wes.

Disagree completely. All day long Brady was able to stand still the way Paul Blake does for Texas St. before he throws the winning TD in Necessary Roughness. It's the NFL, of course there's going to be SOME pass rush, but ours on Sunday was severely lacking. Now if you want to make the argument that they were only sending 4 or 5 pass rushers a lot of the time, then fine. But do not pretend that Brady was under duress that game.

a) There are seemingly endless threads about this. Really needed to start another one?

b) Just stop. There was no pressure whatsoever. The pass rush was pathetic, and quite frankly, it's once again a source of weakness for this football team. People are overlooking it or somehow pointing to it because we won, but had we lost it would have been one of the goats (and rightfully so).

Disagree completely. All day long Brady was able to stand still the way Paul Blake does for Texas St. before he throws the winning TD in Necessary Roughness. It's the NFL, of course there's going to be SOME pass rush, but ours on Sunday was severely lacking. Now if you want to make the argument that they were only sending 4 or 5 pass rushers a lot of the time, then fine. But do not pretend that Brady was under duress that game.

I guess I have to disagree with you....we took away lot of his deep timing routes...and put him in dink and dunk mode....if you watch what Brady did in the first two games vs what he did against the bills you can see the diffence...and once again...Wes was matched against line backers...thats a dump off...and then you had the Ocho dropp but other than that...I loved the pass rush effort

I guess I have to disagree with you....we took away lot of his deep timing routes...and put him in dink and dunk mode....if you watch what Brady did in the first two games vs what he did against the bills you can see the diffence...and once again...Wes was matched against line backers...thats a dump off...and then you had the Ocho dropp but other than that...I loved the pass rush effort

Yes, Brady "dinked and dunked" his way to 387 yards passing. He's a regular Captain Checkdown. :rolleyes:

R you talking the 2003 season opener?

I'm not going to say the pass rush was great, but I think they put enough pressure on Brady to force him into some mistakes. Matching his INT total from last season in a single game attests to that.

Actually, the 4 INT's attest to a) Danny Woodhead wasn't in a good position to make the catch, b) Leodis McKelvin, despite his transgressions, has a ton of talent, c) George Wilson might be a better safety than we all gave him credit for (myself included), and d) even an NFL MVP can hit Marcell Dareus in the face with the football once in a while.

The pass rush was terrible and needs to be worked on. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. Brady's life was pretty easy back there. Want to see how to disrupt Brady? Just watch the Patriots/Lions preseason game from this year.

I disagree completely... The game plan was to contain the pocket and push the pocket inward on Brady and not letting him have the comfort of stepping up and throwing the football.. We could of blitzed but that would of probably killed any chance of us winning.

On a few of those INT"s that's exactly what happened the Bills pushed the pocket inwards and made Brady slightly uncomfortable which resulted in turnovers !

Actually, the 4 INT's attest to a) Danny Woodhead wasn't in a good position to make the catch, b) Leodis McKelvin, despite his transgressions, has a ton of talent, c) George Wilson might be a better safety than we all gave him credit for (myself included), and d) even an NFL MVP can hit Marcell Dareus in the face with the football once in a while.

The pass rush was terrible and needs to be worked on. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. Brady's life was pretty easy back there. Want to see how to disrupt Brady? Just watch the Patriots/Lions preseason game from this year.

On 1 and 4, I disagree.

On 1, Brady had to pass the ball early because of pressure by Merriman.

On 4, Dareus played the ball while taking up two offensive lineman, he jumped up and got hit by the ball, its not like he was standing there doing nothing and Brady threw it at him.

On 1 and 4, I disagree.

On 1, Brady had to pass the ball early because of pressure by Merriman.

On 4, Dareus played the ball while taking up two offensive lineman, he jumped up and got hit by the ball, its not like he was standing there doing nothing and Brady threw it at him.

I'll add that while the Mckelvin pick and the Wilson pick were both great plays by our DB's, if Brady is comfortable they don't have the opportunity to make those plays 99 times out of 100.

I disagree completely... The game plan was to contain the pocket and push the pocket inward on Brady and not letting him have the comfort of stepping up and throwing the football.. We could of blitzed but that would of probably killed any chance of us winning.

Some teams don't need to blitz in order to get to the quarterback. You can't tell me getting to Brady went against our gameplan.

I believe it was the Dline's run stuffing that helped us comeback...if the Pats could have just run the ball and racked up the 200+ yards they had in both games last year, at least 2 of those int's likely wouldn't have happened. It was forcing the Pats to throw because they couldn't run and run the clock up 21-0 that had as much to do with the victory as anything...