Amazing Race is Back

Clippers of Nfl

Good outcome tonight. I was wondering if the father would blame the son for losing the leg.

you could tell he wanted to...guy is a major d-bag.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could tell he wanted to...guy is a major d-bag.

The quote from the dancing challenge: 'I would have gotten us through quicker... but this is my forte.'

Really? Dancing is your forte? Then why the hell didn't you claim this challenge, you f---!? <_<

Dude is an arrogant POS who thinks he's better than everyone and I hope his kid, his family and the father himself might finally see what a prick he is. They had a huge lead from their flight gamble and they blew it. BTW - what the hell was that at the scheduling desk b/w he and Cindy? She asked what they were taking and the father was like, 'We're doing something different. So, yeah. Uh... yeah. Yeah. Yeah.' I mean, this is a race where you have to take your advantages where you can get them like in any other game but you don't have to be a weirdo-douche about it. Just say flat out, "Hey, it looks like we're doing something different, it's a big gamble, and we've decided that we can't share our plans with anyone else. Good luck." This game's karma hit them a little late for the father's level of ass-douchery, but it got them nonetheless. Which is a shame for the kid, because he seemed fairly smart and cool amid such a hectic pace. It's too bad he has an * for a father.

For as far behind as Amani (one of the surfers keeps calling her Armani) and Marcus were, they did an awesome job of keeping on keeping on and they ended up in 4th ahead of one team that didn't even get U-turned.

That move to get them a first-place finish at the pit stop is really going to come back to bite Cindy and Ernie in the asses. It's like Cindy just decided that she wants a prize out of this race, rather than a good shot at the million dollars. My philosophy on seeing only the last few seasons of this show is that you only use the U-turn as a measure of last resort if you know you're one of the last teams and it's probably an elimination leg. As mentioned above, karma eventually gets you. Not to mention, it's amazing how many times people have gotten U'ed and finish the other challenge lickety-split like Bill and Cathi. It's like the slap in the face really concentrates their focus. About the only time I remember it really screwing a team over was in that WWI re-enactment code deciphering challenge from a couple-few seasons ago where an Asian couple (I can see their faces still, but names totally escape me) were out there until day turned into night and Phil finally just went to them to break the news... which is rare.

Edited by UConn James

The quote from the dancing challenge: 'I would have gotten us through quicker... but this is my forte.'

Really? Dancing is your forte? Then why the hell didn't you claim this challenge, you f---!? <_<

That move to get them a first-place finish at the pit stop is really going to come back to bite Cindy and Ernie in the asses. It's like Cindy just decided that she wants a prize out of this race, rather than a good shot at the million dollars. My philosophy on seeing only the last few seasons of this show is that you only use the U-turn as a measure of last resort if you know you're one of the last teams and it's probably an elimination leg. As mentioned above, karma eventually gets you. Not to mention, it's amazing how many times people have gotten U'ed and finish the other challenge lickety-split like Bill and Cathi. It's like the slap in the face really concentrates their focus. About the only time I remember it really screwing a team over was in that WWI re-enactment code deciphering challenge from a couple-few seasons ago where an Asian couple (I can see their faces still, but names totally escape me) were out there until day turned into night and Phil finally just went to them to break the news... which is rare.

He didn't claim the challenge because they didn't know what the challenge was going to be... They have to decide who is doing the road block based on a vague description. You can blame him for a lot of stuff this season (he's annoying), but not that one.

As for the U-Turn, I REALLY don't understand why people get so pissed off about it. It's part of the game -- why WOULDN'T you use it? When you play a game of Monopoly and get the card, "Collect $100 from every player," do you say, "No, nevermind, YOU keep it!" No. Why is it looked upon as the most vile thing you could possibly do?

He didn't claim the challenge because they didn't know what the challenge was going to be... They have to decide who is doing the road block based on a vague description. You can blame him for a lot of stuff this season (he's annoying), but not that one.

As for the U-Turn, I REALLY don't understand why people get so pissed off about it. It's part of the game -- why WOULDN'T you use it? When you play a game of Monopoly and get the card, "Collect $100 from every player," do you say, "No, nevermind, YOU keep it!" No. Why is it looked upon as the most vile thing you could possibly do?

If you're referring to fans of the show, I'd agree.

If you're referring to contestants on the show, I think there's a fairly rational explanation to getting ticked off by getting U-turned. Bill and Cathi (and dad & Zach) had a roughly 1-in-6 chance of winning $1MM prior to getting u-turned. While the other teams odds remained at 1-in-6, their odds of winning fell (temporarily in the case of B&C, permanently for the other pair) significantly.

There has to be a huge amount of frustration when somebody sees their picture at that signpost. It's only natural to feel some anger towards the individuals that were DIRECTLY responsible for them being in that situation. These people went from thinking 'hey, we're still in the mix for $1MM' to 'we've got to bust our butts and hope somebody else screws up and if we get REAAAAALLLLLY lucky, we may live to fight another day.'

One thing I thought was interesting was that Bill and Cathi could use the U-turn without having completed that leg that they got U-turned on. (Because they'd been U-turned, they'd only completed 1/2 of that leg.) The dating couple got reeeaaal lucky on that leg, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them out next.

I honestly didn't think they'd make it this far but it's been fun rooting for the home town team! Heck if they can do this race, I should try it!. :lol:

The rabbit racing was hilarious! What a fun leg of the race. :thumbsup:

After the snowboarders, they are my #2 favs now, they just don't quit, and are a great team, they know each other so well.

Cowboys got screwed by U-Turn last year, they would've gotten ahead of the friggin' Globetrotters that show.

If you're referring to fans of the show, I'd agree.

If you're referring to contestants on the show, I think there's a fairly rational explanation to getting ticked off by getting U-turned.

But again, it's part of the game. You don't want to be U-turned, then get to the U-Turn before anybody else. That's the perk to being in the lead. I understand being upset at the time -- but people on the show take it REALLY personally. Or on the opposite end, "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I'm not going to U-turn anyone." Huh? It's a game. This is part of the game. Why wouldn't you use it?

But again, it's part of the game. You don't want to be U-turned, then get to the U-Turn before anybody else. That's the perk to being in the lead. I understand being upset at the time -- but people on the show take it REALLY personally. Or on the opposite end, "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I'm not going to U-turn anyone." Huh? It's a game. This is part of the game. Why wouldn't you use it?

For the most part, they do take it really personally, but that just seems to be a part of the personality of most of the people that self-select themselves to be contestants on a show like this.

The snowboarders don't seem to be the typical contestants and barring something major getting screwed up, I'd expect to see them in the finals and probably winning it. I also don't see them getting severely ticked if they do get U-ed.

They clearly aren't in the 'let's not hurt anyones feelings' camp; if they were foolish enough to be there, they wouldn't have the $15k from the previous leg.

Like you, I have a hard time understanding the 'I won't U-turn anyone for fear of repercussions' attitude. I wouldn't do it unless it made tactical sense (and winning A leg of the race doesn't rise to that level, IMHO) but if it does make sense to live to see another leg, then game on. Didn't they have a rule a few seasons ago that you could only use a U-turn once in a race? Do you know if they still have that rule (if they did in fact have it in the past)? If so, they it was doubly-dumb to U-turn Bill & Cathi, as that may be an important tool to have in the next couple of legs.

After the snowboarders, they are my #2 favs now, they just don't quit, and are a great team, they know each other so well.

In all honesty, I never really cared for the older teams in the past. They always seemed to be the most whiny and feeble, which was to be expected. These two on this season are total BALLERS. They need to find more couples like this. They just keep pushing forward the entire leg and they seem to be having a lot of fun doing it. I want the snowboarders to win too, but I wouldn't be upset if the old farts took 'em down.

Yep, I'd have no problem U-turning the bejeezus out of the other teams.

Dude is an arrogant POS who thinks he's better than everyone and I hope his kid, his family and the father himself might finally see what a prick he is. They had a huge lead from their flight gamble and they blew it. BTW - what the hell was that at the scheduling desk b/w he and Cindy? She asked what they were taking and the father was like, 'We're doing something different. So, yeah. Uh... yeah. Yeah. Yeah.' I mean, this is a race where you have to take your advantages where you can get them like in any other game but you don't have to be a weirdo-douche about it. Just say flat out, "Hey, it looks like we're doing something different, it's a big gamble, and we've decided that we can't share our plans with anyone else. Good luck." This game's karma hit them a little late for the father's level of ass-douchery, but it got them nonetheless. Which is a shame for the kid, because he seemed fairly smart and cool amid such a hectic pace. It's too bad he has an * for a father.

For as far behind as Amani (one of the surfers keeps calling her Armani) and Marcus were, they did an awesome job of keeping on keeping on and they ended up in 4th ahead of one team that didn't even get U-turned.

I was really dumbfounded why the Pollards were just sleeping at the airport. That could have been disastrous if not for that delay to start the dancing. That Cindy girl is really cute when she's not yapping. I'm starting to get the impression that she's a major whiner, though, and she needs to just zip it. Her man is completely whipped.

I can't believe I was watching rabbits jumping over hurdles...that was awesome :thumbsup:

rabbits jumping. that was great. you're right. i dont recall seeing that before. or lately at least.

That was also the first time I ever thought I was seeing some sort of expression in a rabbit. That one with the black speckles had this look on his face like, "heyal YES I'm ready to jump some damn hurdles!!! Go around? NO FRICKIN WAY, we're goin' up and OVER this biatch!!"

Yep...pretty sure that's exactly what he was thinking :D

It was just funny, cuase once or twice you could see that the rabbit saw he (or she) could just go around it, but then they went right back to the middle and went over the top instead. Every other time I've seen these things, they were either banging the O-ring off another rabbit or just sitting there staring out into space.

Edited by ajzepp

Cowboys got screwed by U-Turn last year, they would've gotten ahead of the friggin' Globetrotters that show.

Yeah, same here. The snow boarders are fun to watch. Just a couple of goofy guys having fun. :thumbsup:

The other couple knows each other so well because they've known each other since they were 12 or something?? They were talking about it on the show. That's the kind of relationship I dream of having. :blush:

Yep, still bummed about the cowboys getting screwed too. :thumbdown:

U-turns are part of the show, it's part of the game. But to me there is a bit of honor and a lot of strategy that goes into not using it.

But let's not make any bones here, this is not like Sorry! where the rules of the game are that you have to play the card you get. U-turns in AR are personal. Cindi and kitty-whipped Ernie are going to get theirs. I think after seeing the surfers get $15K, Cindi just decided that she'd rather get one 1st place prize and risk having another team gunning for retribution than go home empty-handed. (Kinda like the people on Millionaire who blow their lifelines early and take the $1,000.) Whatever lead they got from using it will eventually be lost with a late-night arrival and an "X opens at 9 a.m." sign on a door.

It kills any goodwill a team has, and until a few more teams get eliminated, goodwill is still important at this point.

U-turns are part of the show, it's part of the game. But to me there is a bit of honor and a lot of strategy that goes into not using it.

But let's not make any bones here, this is not like Sorry! where the rules of the game are that you have to play the card you get. U-turns in AR are personal. Cindi and kitty-whipped Ernie are going to get theirs. I think after seeing the surfers get $15K, Cindi just decided that she'd rather get one 1st place prize and risk having another team gunning for retribution than go home empty-handed. (Kinda like the people on Millionaire who blow their lifelines early and take the $1,000.) Whatever lead they got from using it will eventually be lost with a late-night arrival and an "X opens at 9 a.m." sign on a door.

It kills any goodwill a team has, and until a few more teams get eliminated, goodwill is still important at this point.

You just articulated one of the reasons why I like having the U-turn. This race is intense during the legs, and the pairs seem to rarly have time to talk to each other, let alone spend any time strategizing. That's just the nature of the race, and it's a big reason why we love this show. When you add in something like the U-turn, it forces in a bit more strategy and contemplation. They have to stop, take a minute to GAME play, make a decision that they HOPE will pay dividends, and live with their decision. That's why I dig it.

I thought Cindi & Ernie already won the very 1st leg, that's how they got the speed forward pass (or whatever it's called). I'd rather have that then one of the trips or $. That being said, nothing wrong at all with wanting to win every leg, just don't cry about it if you don't.

I thought Cindi & Ernie already won the very 1st leg, that's how they got the speed forward pass (or whatever it's called). I'd rather have that then one of the trips or $. That being said, nothing wrong at all with wanting to win every leg, just don't cry about it if you don't.

Yep, and don't whine that the other team didn't "let you win" :rolleyes:

You just articulated one of the reasons why I like having the U-turn. This race is intense during the legs, and the pairs seem to rarly have time to talk to each other, let alone spend any time strategizing. That's just the nature of the race, and it's a big reason why we love this show. When you add in something like the U-turn, it forces in a bit more strategy and contemplation. They have to stop, take a minute to GAME play, make a decision that they HOPE will pay dividends, and live with their decision. That's why I dig it.

Totally agree with this! I love to see them stop and think OK, how do we work together to get over this obstacle and move on. Bill and Cathie and the snow boarders are a good example of a team that works together well. That's is why they are finishing at the top, or very close to.

There's only 5 teams left - it's pretty much every team for themselves at this point anyway.

Cindy looks like a B word

I just remembered, I very much enjoyed it when the bitter lesbos got U-Turned and bounced a couple years ago... so as long as one of my fav teams doesn;t get screwed, U-Turns are OK with me. :thumbsup::lol:

LOL, the "bitter lesbos".... :lol: :lol: