Let's be honest

BillsNYC

I hate to give him publicity, but I just can't get over how he can be so negative about a team that has gone 5-0 and put up 30+ points in all of those victories, AND call himself a Bills fan!

I recognize that the Bills aren't perfect, but he is going way overboard with this article. Calling our big plays luck is the same as saying the Patriots have nothing but luck. Great teams make great plays, simple as that.

Hell, even Jerry Sullivan writes positive articles from time to time. Mark Weiler will continue to not be taken seriously if he keeps this up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cita...tadel&type=lgns

Jerry Sullivan pulled a nifty little Mark Weiler this morning in his column when he said that "if you took away the 60 yard flea flicker" that Bledsoe completed we would have had only 152 yards in total offense.

Guess what, math genius, IF YOU ADDED a 60 yard flea flicker we would have had 272 yards and likely another TD and it would have looked like a solid outing.

Nice lahjik, Jer.

I think they both suck. Both of them just cover their butts if the Bills happen lose both of their remaining games. Then they could say "I told you so".

I hate to give him publicity, but I just can't get over how he can be so negative about a team that has gone 5-0 and put up 30+ points in all of those victories, AND call himself a Bills fan!

I recognize that the Bills aren't perfect, but he is going way overboard with this article. Calling our big plays luck is the same as saying the Patriots have nothing but luck. Great teams make great plays, simple as that.

Hell, even Jerry Sullivan writes positive articles from time to time. Mark Weiler will continue to not be taken seriously if he keeps this up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cita...tadel&type=lgns

171194[/snapback]

Weiler and ICE were secretly married in Boston last week. The "Where's ICE ? " mystery is now officially solved. Two of a feather stick ( each other) together...pardon the pun.

Still calling Drew Humpty. :w00t:

I'm no Drew fan,

but that is so weak for someone who is allegedly a Bills reporter.

How the hell does his crap make it to Yahoo Sports? :w00t:

171236[/snapback]

To me that is a big thing that discredits him.

Just so happens to discredit Yahoo as well as a matter of fact.

I think they both suck.  Both of them just cover their butts if the Bills happen lose both of their remaining games.  Then they could say "I told you so".

171233[/snapback]

So you're saying that they both are actually ICE in disguise? :w00t:

Maybe the offense didn't need to open the game up and score with that 17 point lead at the half or 20 or 23 point lead? Maybe handing the ball off on simple dive plays to an injured Willis or Shaud Williams trying to run the clock down with a three score lead late in the third and the entire fourth quarter had a WEE bit to do with not rolling up the yardage and stats in a must win game? Maybe the fact that the only time in the game when we actually DID need the offense to show it can score it scored in about four or five plays?

Jerry Sullivan pulled a nifty little Mark Weiler this morning in his column when he said that "if you took away the 60 yard flea flicker" that Bledsoe completed we would have had only 152 yards in total offense.

Guess what, math genius, IF YOU ADDED a 60 yard flea flicker we would have had 272 yards and likely another TD and it would have looked like a solid outing.

Nice lahjik, Jer.

171220[/snapback]

Yeah, and if it weren't for that 31 yard run, the Defense would have held Johnson to under 100 yards too, so give the Defense credit. :w00t:

Anybody have an e-mail address for any of the Big wigs at "Scouts Inc."? (Weiler is associated with Scout's Inc as the "Bills Beat Reporter." That's how he shows up on Yahoo, etc....). I found the page with all the names, and might be able to guess at their e-mail addresses, but wondering if anyone had a solid lead on one. I'm just wondering how aware they are that this punk is tarnishing their rep.

Yeah, and if it weren't for that 31 yard run, the Defense would have held Johnson to under 100 yards too, so give the Defense credit.  :w00t:

Anybody have an e-mail address for any of the Big wigs at "Scouts Inc."?  (Weiler is associated with Scout's Inc as the "Bills Beat Reporter."  That's how he shows up on Yahoo, etc....).  I found the page with all the names, and might be able to guess at their e-mail addresses, but wondering if anyone had a solid lead on one.  I'm just wondering how aware they are that this punk is tarnishing their rep.

171281[/snapback]

That's a good thought. If you come up with any email addy's , PM me and I will gladly write them....

Yeah, and if it weren't for that 31 yard run, the Defense would have held Johnson to under 100 yards too, so give the Defense credit.  :w00t:

Anybody have an e-mail address for any of the Big wigs at "Scouts Inc."?  (Weiler is associated with Scout's Inc as the "Bills Beat Reporter."  That's how he shows up on Yahoo, etc....).  I found the page with all the names, and might be able to guess at their e-mail addresses, but wondering if anyone had a solid lead on one.  I'm just wondering how aware they are that this punk is tarnishing their rep.

171281[/snapback]

His article says "Scout.com"...

I hope they're not associated with Scout's Inc from the ESPN site,

those guys are pretty reputable.

I remember after Travis Henry ran for over 100 yards once, one of his posts said something like

'If you take away Travis' 5 longest runs, he'd only have 40 yards on the day"

That makes no sense?

PLUS...the guy sells wing sauce....how can you alienate Buffalo fans who should be your best customers?

Guest TSquare

Weiller's articles read exactly the same from one week to the next, and he repeats himself continuously within his articles. He's just a bitter guy who needs something to complain about, I guess. :w00t:

I thought I was the only person reading them (for comedy's sake) on billsreport.com based on the visitor stats and the weak volume on their message boards. I had a subscription, but canceled it after week 3.

The thing that these numbnut writers fail to grasp is that you play a totally different ball game when you have a 2 touchdown lead and a strong defense. If it was a closer game things would have opened up more on our end. I could take what Sullivan and Wheler (whatever his name is) know about football, write it down a piece of paper and shove it up a fly's ass.

Ok Mr. F&B...I will agree that you can't exclude that fact. However... I think the point that Sully and Maiorama over at the D&C today were making is that defenses are choking the Bills offense at the LOS. When that happens, an offense can not allow the defense to do that with impunity. Wouldn't you agree with that?

Well, an NFL defense is kinda sorta like the real world... given the choice, we'll take the easy way out, and/or cheat, cut corners, etc. most of the time. We'll look at the rewards of it and we'll look at the consequences. Well, NFL defenses do this against the Bills. They look at the rewards of crowding the line of scrimmage and see that the reward is basically taking McGahee and the run away from the Bills offense. Then they look at the consequences for taking that approach... and they can't find any. Am I missing something? They crowd the LOS and say "you're not going to run" and "we're" daring your sorry asses to beat us with the pass". So, there's not too many teams in the NFL that fear the Bills passing attack must be, otherwise, why would they invite it? Would you agree?

You know it and I know it that I made mention on TSW yesterday of the very same things Sully and Maiorama observed and put in print today. I guess all 3 of us are stupid beyond belief. Well... if that so, then every defensive coordiator in the NFL is stupid along with me.... and I can live with that. So, you tell me... what seems to be the problem with the Bills offense? How is this offense a whole lot different than what we've seen from Todd Collins or Rob Johnson?

Bills get lucky this weekend... even though they're playing without their top to RBs, the good news is they're playing the 49ers. So, tell me, who is going to take this offense on their shoulders and "pony up" without McGahee this week? I can

tell you who won't!!! And 31 DCs know it too!