David Nelson

Ramblin' Rob

I heard Micheal Harmon, Fox Sports Fantasy 'expert' tell two callers on the radio this morning to play Nelson over a number of other players. He even told the second caller just to drive the point home, and I quote, "You will build a paper mache hat in honor of David Nelson after this game."

It was cool to hear our #2 or 3 WR being talked about like that.

I liked Nelson last year, and was hoping for progress but when Jones was named #2 I was a bit confused and disapointed. Not no more I ain't.

What's crazy is yesterday there were like 3 different ESPN radio people, INCLUDING SVP (who I love and respect) calling him a TE. Saying we're giving people fits w/ our double TE formations (him and chandler). WTF?

I have heard this as well. I guess they simply mistake him for our former TE Shawn Nelson. Pretty Lame though.

Not excusing their ignorance, but in fact he has been used much like a second tight end. He lines up on the line sometimes, in the backfield sometimes, and split out sometimes. Because of his height and mismatch potential whether you call him a 4th WR or a second tight end, the net effect is the same. Roscoe is a big loss in this respect, because now Nelson will likley move to the slot and they lose some flexibility. Hopefully, Roosevelt can step up to the slot position sooner than later because I love the way they have been using Nelson.

What's crazy is yesterday there were like 3 different ESPN radio people, INCLUDING SVP (who I love and respect) calling him a TE. Saying we're giving people fits w/ our double TE formations (him and chandler). WTF?

I do believe that this is evidence once again of the expertese that the experts on ESPN have. I was listening too when he started talking about Nelson as a TE and I just started to laugh ....

I guess this says something about the Buddy Nix system as well as Chan Gailey's coaching abilities.

I heard Micheal Harmon, Fox Sports Fantasy 'expert' tell two callers on the radio this morning to play Nelson over a number of other players. He even told the second caller just to drive the point home, and I quote, "You will build a paper mache hat in honor of David Nelson after this game."

I liked Nelson last year, and was hoping for progress but when Jones was named #2 I was a bit confused and disapointed. Not no more I ain't.

I'm playing Nelson in my flex spot this week. I don't have a great bench but I am starting him over D. Henderson, E. Decker, D. Alexander, and C. Spiller.

Similar feelings Dave. Can't claim I was Kreskin & "knew" Nelson was gonna be a star, but I was shocked a kid recruited by Urban Meyer, playing in that program wasn't drafted by ANYONE. Living in Utah, I watched Urban up close for the cpl years he was here and the man has an eye for talent. I was extremely pleased Bills wound up w/ him and always felt he'd be solid, given the chance. Here's hoping D Nelson has many more games like last week, esp tomorrow against the 'Pats!! Go Bills 41-38

Not excusing their ignorance, but in fact he has been used much like a second tight end. He lines up on the line sometimes, in the backfield sometimes, and split out sometimes. Because of his height and mismatch potential whether you call him a 4th WR or a second tight end, the net effect is the same. Roscoe is a big loss in this respect, because now Nelson will likley move to the slot and they lose some flexibility. Hopefully, Roosevelt can step up to the slot position sooner than later because I love the way they have been using Nelson.

I think you'll see much more of CJ lined up as a WR now, who is probably better than Roscoe running the underneath routes and screens. I think Roscoe out will be a gain because it puts CJ and Brad Smith an opportunity ti get on the field more making it less obvious when some of the gimmicks get called.

I think you'll see much more of CJ lined up as a WR now, who is probably better than Roscoe running the underneath routes and screens. I think Roscoe out will be a gain because it puts CJ and Brad Smith an opportunity ti get on the field more making it less obvious when some of the gimmicks get called.

This.

NE* is definitely concerned about it (and they should be)...

Spiller watch - With some injuries at wide receiver - including Roscoe Parrish being out - the Bills may use versatile running back more as a true wide receiver. That's an interesting idea and one that's a complete unknown at this point. Spiller was one of the more dynamic players in college football history. He's been a bit of a disappointment as a back behind Jackson. But he's shown flashes of that big-play ability that made him a star in the bright orange uniforms of Clemson. Sometimes the unknown of a player being used in a new spot in a new way can be very tough to defend. That could be even more true with New* England's* health* issues* and unsettled* lineup* in the secondary*. Missing a tackle on Spiller on the edge is an instant big play. The Bills feed off big plays on offense, whether it's with Spiller or Johnson or Jackson or others. The Patriots* defense* could benefit from keeping up its* own* big-play style. But it's an absolute necessity that the* unit* doesn't allow big plays in this one or that will give the home squad quite a boost.

Pretty good breakdown from the Cheatriettes* perspective...

Link - Bills Friday Six-Pack

Edited by The Senator