Media attention

Kevin

I love the media attention! :thumbsup:

I guess this is what it feels like to be a Cowbooys fan or Steelers fan. Turn on the TV, and the media is talking about your team!

(only difference is the Bills are undefeated thus far)

Edited by BillsFanInLV

This is something people in Buffalo cannot relate to. It really is awesome to see the Bills talked about on these national shows-- its all we have. We're so used to hearing about the Giants Jets Steelers Eagles Cowboys Patriots* Chargers Colts Ravens week after week, year after year. It's refreshing to hear Buffalo Bills talk for a change.

What difference does it make whether you live in Buffalo or not? Unless you somehow feel like you are being stroked when the media runs a story on a Bill, I don't get the amazing part of it.

Edited by LabattBlue

I dunno, I think a lot of it has to do with which 2 - 0 team we're playing this week as well. If we're playing Detroit, or someone else, I don't the coverage is anywhere near what it is playing the NE Patriots, the darlings of the media consortium.. :)

Tim-

The Bills are getting coverage everywhere, it seems, except Albany.

:lol:

Nice. Perhaps a running joke is born?

Do not kid yourselves. This media coverage only serves one purpose: to elevate the Bills....so that if the Patriots beat them, the media can say: we told you so, and, so that if they win, the media can say: well what did you expect? we told you the Bills had magic and nanotechnology on their side this year, so what were the Pats supposed to do? It's not their fault that the Bills had superman playing OLB. The Pats are still the best team.

I don't really think it's as extreme as what I just wrote....I am merely exaggerating to make a point. The media is hedging their bet this time around....and the fact that they see the need to do that? Well, that's nice too.

What difference does it make whether you live in Buffalo or not? Unless you somehow feel like you are being stroked when the media runs a story on a Bill, I don't get the amazing part of it.

it acutally does make a difference. here in socal, they will not talk about a losing team. EVER. unless you tune to espn or nfl network where we are the last piece. MAYBE 30 seconds AT BEST.

what's NOT amazing about it?

since you dont get it, i'll explain it to you.

im a BILLS fan

dont want to see coverage on CARDINAL GAMES or players

dont want to see espn going nuts for TOM BRADY

WANT to see segments on BILLS players; the MORE coverage, the BETTER!

maybe amazing is not the most apropriate word, but its definitely BETTER to get attention on BILLS players rather than BEN ROTHISBURGER all day long

what do you prefer?

no coverage (LOCAL SOCAL CHANNELS AND PROBABLY MOST OF USA)

barely any coverage (FORCED RECAPS OF GAMES)

a lot of media exposure (this is me, i prefer this, like a real fan would)

ps. no need to be a dik, im happy and now i feel like im getting stroked???? super lame

I'm not one that generally cares that the Bills fly under the media radar, but I have to admit that it was pretty cool to be on business in Washington this week, open the "USA Today" that was delivered to my room and see a big spread on Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills!

It was also cool that NFL Network chose the Bills-Raiders game as the "replay" game of the week - Replay blends game action with cut-ins of commentary and Fitz mic'd up. Very cool!

What's amazing about? Unless it counts as another win in the standings who cares. :rolleyes:

Damn. I'm the most pessimistic fan I know and think this early hype is absurd since we beat the Andrew Luck Chiefs and barely snuck by the flippin Raiders, but it's still cool to see ANY positive media coverage about the Bills, especially living in VA. Get off the guys nuts about it.

Edited by stevestojan

I just heard Chan on Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN. Stevie is on JRIB later today, and he was on the Jungle Tuesday if I remember correctly. Fitz was on Scott Van Pelt Monday, and NFL Network yesterday. I just heard Fred Jackson was going to be on NFL Networks fantasy program soon!

WOW. What an amazing week. Lets hope that this keeps up.

I don't want to "piss in your Cheerios"

It's nice to have our guys get some attention

I just hope it doesn't translate into a distraction from "taking care of business" which is prep for the game, and piling up "W" on the field.

I do think people in sports media like the story of the Bills succeeding. Everyone likes the down-and-out comeback story and it sells as well as coverage of the perennial winners does; maybe more-so in these times when Americans (many of us) are also feeling "down-and-out."

But, there will be collective groans in the front offices of the league if (when!) we make it to the big dance again because we're a small market team. The thing to remember I guess is that it's entertainment, it's ultimately about the dollars. Right now, we make great copy. If we crap the bed we'll be relegated to the back pages once again. Remember 2008? Our great start that season will now get you a Trent Edwards jersey for $9.99 at TJ Maxx (saw one today.)

Anyway, I want to get this game on already.