Albany Newspaper Trashes Bills Nation

Thanks to the geniuses that crossed the line with their comments to Gish, local TV station WGRZ decided to interview her.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/136734/37/Albany-Times-Union-Sports-Columnist-Attacked-For-Bills-Story

It's like the bratty kid who -- in spite of his own better judgment and the warnings of his mother -- kept pulling on the dogs tail. And finally, the dog bits the kid and, the next day, Channel 7 news arrives to interview the kid because he's a "little hero".

Baloney like this is what's wrong with the world today. Should this lady have been called the C word? Of course not. But, is she that hard up for the acclaim and attention (Yes) that she needs to keep this thing alive? I mean, do you think Mike Lupica of the Daily News Bob Ryan of the Globe or even Buffalo News super-star Jerry Sullivan have never received venom from the masses for a column they have written? And, in that scathing letter/email/call, do you think they've been called a plethora of offensive and hateful names? (Yes.) I can't recall ever seeing a "column" from one of them rattling off a laundry list of transgressions from their readers.

Bottom line: Right or wrong, this lady isn't the first, and surely won't be the last media person to be called a name. If she isn't prepared to deal with the backlash (in whatever form) then I suggest she find a new line of work.

The whole thing is insane. And for the indignation of some around here to continue is a real laugh-and-a-half.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, sweetheart.

How bout this: "Some people root for the Dolphins...and always will. What can you do?"

Much more appropriate, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of your previous post. I would give up on the analogies until you're a little bit more grown up.

...and Albany's number 2 team the Jets have some recent AFC Championship experience and then there's the other Albany/Saratoga favorite team the Patriots and their recent Vince Lombardi trophies.

So, why were Albany area Bills complaining in the first place? We haven't been to the playoffs in over ten seasons. And the Philadelphia Eagles are closer to Albany than the Buffalo Bills are.

Thanks to the geniuses that crossed the line with their comments to Gish, local TV station WGRZ decided to interview her.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/136734/37/Albany-Times-Union-Sports-Columnist-Attacked-For-Bills-Story

This was aired on the 11PM news last night.

Thanks to the CONTINUED SELF PROMOTION OF GISH AS A CONTINUOUS VICTIM WHO SUPPOSEDLY DID NOTHING WRONG, local TV station WGRZ decided to interview her.

Fixed.

AND

"Well you know people say well just disregard it. These people don't know you, but its difficult to read those words," Gish said emotionally.

It was also difficult for Mr. McKim of the Albany City Bills Backers to read your words, Ms. Gish, words you still have not acknowledged as being manipulative, nor have you apologized for. I'm glad at least some of us could get some emotion out of you after the stunt you pulled. That's a great quote! I love it.

Edited by BmoreBills

Much more appropriate, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of your previous post. I would give up on the analogies until you're a little bit more grown up.

Obviously I've touched off a nerve. Or you're just having a rough day. Or, option three, you're just a cranky, lonely sycophant with nothing better to do than police people on a message board.

But, I guess those are the pratfalls of being so grown up...

Pretty pathetic take, especially given that she's an easy (and richly deserving) target for the words she posted onscreen. I'm guessing that you must better looking than her if you're willing to resort to this sort of (non)argument.

I'm having just as much fun as she did, and great guess, I'm a stunning example of the male gender...

Does the distance between any of the cities matter here? If they dont care about the Bills then who gives a rats @ss. The point is she basically dismissed the Bills (can't blame her), but she really showed poor judgment by trashing the fans of the team. All good though, it's what it is.

I expect better from journalists who are writers and editors for the capital of New York's newspaper. What she wrote was uncalled for.

This was aired on the 11PM news last night.

Yeah, but ask these same geniuses if they are winning this battle against her, and they'll swear they are. The ignorance and stupidity of some people over something so trivial is amazing.

the gender based remarks really weren't cool and inaccurate. Lupica's a big city wannabe from Syracuse who routinely disses the Bills and Buffalo, and doesn't know squat about football. And that really did let her play the victim card, taking a handful of Emails and acting like that represents everyone in Buffalo and male spots fans everywhere

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

the gender based remarks really weren't cool and inaccurate. Lupica's a big city wannabe from Syracuse who routinely disses the Bills and Buffalo, and doesn't know squat about football. And that really did let her play the victim card, taking a handful of Emails and acting like that represents everyone in Buffalo and male spots fans everywhere

Agreed, read some of Lori's old gameday previews and tell me that women do not know anything about sports.

you know they are going pick the most "offensive" comments. people are going to say what they are going to say. im sure there were tons of replies that didnt have such a nasty tone. who cares...