Waiting for Sundays

Jukester

I’ve been a die hard Bills fan since 1980. When I was a kid I used to live for football season and the wait between Sundays for each game was palpable. Since then, I’ve moved away from WNY but my fandom has never wavered. The Bills are still #1 in my heart when it comes to pro sports. However, over the past 10 yrs with the revolving door of coaches, players, and lack of front office competency I’d started to lose that feeling you get during the week to soak up as much Bills info as possible…catching the national and local sport shows, seeing features about Bills players, checking the individual and team stats, seeing where we sit in the standings, etc… You could never get enough and by Friday you were bursting at the seams ready for kickoff.

Well this team has pulled me back in…fully. It started last year and has grown with each game. I love this underdog team with a retread coach and underappreciated players who have found a way to put it all together and exhibit the kind of fortitude every fan identifies with. They’re young and improving with each game. As a fan you want to see that the team comes out every game and competes. It’s been so long since we’ve had that. They’re entertaining even when they lose. I truly believe the sky’s the limit for this team this year. Do I think we’ll win against the Pats this Sunday? I think it’s possible… and that’s all you can ask for as a fan.

How do you pass the time between Sundays? What are some things you do during the week to get amped for the coming game?

I generally remain occupied with work and school throughout the week. On Saturdays, I am occupied with college football (Go Irish!).

I have 2 young kids, a wife that's always giving me lists, and a busy job but still find a way to soak up Bills info. Internet and smartphones are obviously a big help. And Good thing you're a Bills fan. Can't stand the Irish - i went to Michigan. How about that night game this year! :P

I have 2 young kids, a wife that's always giving me lists, and a busy job but still find a way to soak up Bills info. Internet and smartphones are obviously a big help. And Good thing you're a Bills fan. Can't stand the Irish - i went to Michigan. How about that night game this year! :P

Well, I was doing a great job keeping that game repressed.

Same here, but three kids. Can't stand Michigan. Go Badgers!

I’ve been a die hard Bills fan since 1980. When I was a kid I used to live for football season and the wait between Sundays for each game was palpable. Since then, I’ve moved away from WNY but my fandom has never wavered. The Bills are still #1 in my heart when it comes to pro sports. However, over the past 10 yrs with the revolving door of coaches, players, and lack of front office competency I’d started to lose that feeling you get during the week to soak up as much Bills info as possible…catching the national and local sport shows, seeing features about Bills players, checking the individual and team stats, seeing where we sit in the standings, etc… You could never get enough and by Friday you were bursting at the seams ready for kickoff.

Well this team has pulled me back in…fully. It started last year and has grown with each game. I love this underdog team with a retread coach and underappreciated players who have found a way to put it all together and exhibit the kind of fortitude every fan identifies with. They’re young and improving with each game. As a fan you want to see that the team comes out every game and competes. It’s been so long since we’ve had that. They’re entertaining even when they lose. I truly believe the sky’s the limit for this team this year. Do I think we’ll win against the Pats this Sunday? I think it’s possible… and that’s all you can ask for as a fan.

How do you pass the time between Sundays? What are some things you do during the week to get amped for the coming game?

Im with you. I wake up and hope it is sunday

I remember those days. Now with a family there's so much to do that I barely have time to get everything done before kickoff. But the anticipation is still there through it all.

I have one less hour to wait here in central time but it must be great for those of you on the west coast to wake up and only have a few hours til gametime.

GO BLUE! and... GO BILLS!

Hail to the Victors!

It's the worst when I wake up early Sunday morning. You wanna forget about what's coming so the time will go faster, but you just can't! The anticipation is too great

That's one of the great things about living out here.

Wake up, have breakfast, crack a beer, and watch the Bills game… at 10 am.

YE OLE is in the same boat with endless "honey do" lists during the week. But, I have to admit, this has been fun this year. The weeks are dragging a bit until game day this year it seems.

Take a page from YE OLE's playbook my good fellow... I just tell the Mrs. "Now look, these lists are real important and all, but there's Bills football to deal with here, so I need to hit the board for a while and these chores will just have to get done when they get done..."

Same here, but three kids. Can't stand Michigan. Go Badgers!

Goes without saying, I guess, that the wait for my weekly Bills fix is sweeter when the team is doing well - like right now - as opposed to the Jauron era, when I nearly came to dread game time and seeing how man ways the man could find to lose a game.

Until the Sabres season arrives, college football, the Red Sox, and IndyCar/F1 auto racing are my main sports diversions between Bills games.

GO BIG RED!!!

post-2970-063437200 1316777141_thumb.gif

Take a page from YE OLE's playbook my good fellow... I just tell the Mrs. "Now look, these lists are real important and all, but there's Bills football to deal with here, so I need to hit the board for a while and these chores will just have to get done when they get done..."

Luckily the wife is a huge sports fan so she understands the way I get for Bills games.

Goes without saying, I guess, that the wait for my weekly Bills fix is sweeter when the team is doing well - like right now - as opposed to the Jauron era, when I nearly came to dread game time and seeing how man ways the man could find to lose a game.

GO BIG RED!!!

Agreed. The Jauron years were sad. I had gotten completely numb to the apathetic attitude and lack of direction the team had. I'd still follow the games but knew they had no hope. That's the difference with this version. Even last year at 0-8 i felt better about this team because the games were very different - comptetitive ane entertaining for the most part. You get that feeling they're heading in the right direction, just like in the late 80's.

I hear ya. This year I drank the Kool-Aid, and can fully say I'm drunk off of it haha. I work during the week, and trash talk my way through it. My work place is filled with Raider fans, and Niner fans, and I even found a single Patriots fan. I am so pumped up for this season I can hardly stand it. I need to lay off the coffee. My wife even says that my moods are better with the Bills being competitive and winning hahaha. My daughter hugged me on Sunday and commented "its been awhile since I could hug you on Sunday!" hahahaha

That's one of the great things about living out here.

Wake up, have breakfast, crack a beer, and watch the Bills game… at 10 am.

Or, just going out to a fine drinking and dining establishment for your breakfast beers and Bills fix...

post-2970-085498900 1316825546_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Or, just going out to a fine drinking and dining establishment for your breakfast beers and Bills fix...

If I'm ever in North Beach during a Bills game, I'll definitely stop in.

What sort of service will I get if I mention that "The Senator sent me?"

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan