Raining on the Parade

Pass the Pipe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not poking the bear here, but couldnt we apply Dunning-Kruger to the rose colored glasses wearing faction(s) of twobillsdrive as well as the tea part...err, I mean realists? Just throwing it out there - you gotta be tipping a little sideways to postulate the following:

* Gailey is playing possum with Merriman targetting the Patriots game to spring his trap

* The Bills will, (not might), will go 14-2

I think everyone just needs to own up to their dysfunctionality being a result of supporting and following a brainnumbingly frustrating organization based in a city that already has an overactive inferiority complex on the national stage....Heretofore coined, "Bills Syndrome"

Edited by Kipers Hair

Not poking the bear here, but couldnt we apply Dunning-Kruger to the rose colored glasses wearing faction(s) of twobillsdrive as well as the tea part...err, I mean realists? Just throwing it out there - you gotta be tipping a little sideways to postulate the following:

* Gailey is playing possum with Merriman targetting the Patriots game to spring his trap

I think everyone just needs to own up to their dysfunctionality being a result of supporting and following a brainnumbingly frustrating organization based in a city that already has an overactive inferiority complex on the national stage....Heretofore coined, "Bills Syndrome"

For sure there's no reason why it should apply to only one side or the other. I just find it a fascinating concept that explains an awful lot.

Personally, I'm just happy that (outside of a few games at the beginning and toward the end of last year) the Bills are playing entertaining, competent NFL football again. I try not to get too excited because the Pats* are probably going to bring this team back down to earth a bit, but then I think I should just go with it and have fun. So I'm biased toward the optimists.

Again, review my history of prospective analysis regarding the direction of the team, coaching hires, critique of players including free agents and draft picks. I think your attempt of being cerebral is cute and probably shows some economic potential, but I am probably not far off in assuming that you have not fully maximized this crude intellect into anything one would consider productive from the standpoint of wealth creation, which doesn't necessarily mean the accumulation of money or material assets.

Actually, the truth is this: No matter where you fall on the spectrum in your thoughts about this team, if you are a passionate fan of the Bills (or any team), there are no such things as completely "objective" opinions. They will always be subjective to some degree and colored by any number of factors - and in the end, will remain merely what they are: opinions. Intelligent people can (and often do) disagree on evaluations of the same information. That is fine. It is the way in which some of these opinions are offered as "fact," and the condescending way in which those who disagree are dismissed as being intellectually inferior in some way, that is frustrating at times.

Again, review my history of prospective analysis regarding the direction of the team, coaching hires, critique of players including free agents and draft picks. I think your attempt of being cerebral is cute and probably shows some economic potential, but I am probably not far off in assuming that you have not fully maximized this crude intellect into anything one would consider productive from the standpoint of wealth creation, which doesn't necessarily mean the accumulation of money or material assets.

See my previous post. Pure condescension...and not really necessary, informative, or productive.

See my previous post. Pure condescension...and not really necessary, informative, or productive.

This is where I need to disagree - on entertainment value alone, his posts are must read....not withstanding the fact he and I generally agree on posted materials.

What a condescending ignoramus. Come on here trying to falsify the appearance of intelligence by using a thesaurus and pretending you have an extensive vocabulary. Being able to speak well doesn't make one clever. I would rather speak like a common man and know a fool when I see one than regale you like a king and know sweet F all.

Gentlemen, we have had nothing to be happy about for a long time. If this is the end why not enjoy it anyway! 2 and 0 baby!

Edited by dailar

I think the Bills should just stay home on Sunday. Being so second rate and all......

It makes sense. No point in even trying to play the Pats. What if disaster strikes and the Bills win? I may have to face my own shortcomings in life since I'll have little to complain about in regards to the football team.

Please enlighten us on your definition of wealth creation and the criteria by which one is determined to be productive or unproductive. I really am curious.

I'm glad you're so impressed with yourself, but it might help to quote the person you're replying to.

What a condescending ignoramus. Come on here trying to falsify the appearance of intelligence by using a thesaurus and pretending you have an extensive vocabulary. Being able to speak well doesn't make one clever. I would rather speak like a common man and know a fool when I see one than regale you like a king and know sweet F all.

Gentlemen, we have had nothing to be happy about for a long time. If this is the end why not enjoy it anyway! 2 and 0 baby!

Dailar, look at the original post, I am stating what I believe is sound analysis on the current state of the team; of course I might be wrong and we all end up enjoying a big victory on Sunday night, but I am concerned with what I saw this past Sunday. I do admit to throwing a dig at the true "billievers" with their reckless treads about 12-4 and senseless obession with power rankings and what ESPN or other media centers think about a franchise that, in reality, has been futile for over a decade now (who should really be furious are the wonderful people of Indianapolis, I saw a statistic last night on MNF records, Peyton 11-2 vs. Eli 7-2, how in hell is Eli that close to Peyton in MNF appearances???)! I am prepared to eat crow if I am wrong, but truth be told, I have been dining on surf and turf for quite some time now when it comes to betting on the Bills and that includes washing down the protein with a top vintage Bordeaux!

Dailar, look at the original post, I am stating what I believe is sound analysis on the current state of the team; of course I might be wrong and we all end up enjoying a big victory on Sunday night, but I am concerned with what I saw this past Sunday. I do admit to throwing a dig at the true "billievers" with their reckless treads about 12-4 and senseless obession with power rankings and what ESPN or other media centers think about a franchise that, in reality, has been futile for over a decade now (who should really be furious are the wonderful people of Indianapolis, I saw a statistic last night on MNF records, Peyton 11-2 vs. Eli 7-2, how in hell is Eli that close to Peyton in MNF appearances???)! I am prepared to eat crow if I am wrong, but truth be told, I have been dining on surf and turf for quite some time now when it comes to betting on the Bills and that includes washing down the protein with a top vintage Bordeaux!

Facts are this could be the goddam 99 Rams! You don't know and neither do I! Things change, teams evolve. I am a glass half full type of guy, I think we have a shot against anyone we play. That was shown last year with not such a good team as this. We can also get whacked by the better teams, this was also shown last year. However, I would rather think of the team in a positive light and be disappointed if we lose than be thinking the worst and come on here to be a smart ass and tell everyone I told you so. My word, the last ten years have been miserable enough. Why wait for us to lose again to say you were right? The facts are this team is improving, it's young and though we have no "names" yet its maybe just that! YET!

Edited by dailar

Facts are this could be the goddam 99 Rams! You don't know and neither do I! Things change, teams evolve. I am a glass half full type of guy, I think we have a shot against anyone we play. That was shown last year with not such a good team as this. We can also get whacked by the better teams, this was also shown last year. However, I would rather think of the team in a positive light and be disappointed if we lose than be thinking the worst and come on here to be a smart ass and tell everyone I told you so. My word, the last ten years have been miserable enough. Why wait for us to lose again to say you were right? The facts are this team is improving, it's young and though we have no "names" yet its maybe just that! YET!

Your approach has merit and I respect it; I think we can both agree we would love to see the franchise return to the glory of the early '90s, we just have different ways of expressing it! Cheers.

Not the purpose of this forum; but a hint is a concept in economics known as utility.

Nice try. In your post, you stated "I think your attempt of being cerebral is cute and probably shows some economic potential, but I am probably not far off in assuming that you have not fully maximized this crude intellect into anything one would consider productive from the standpoint of wealth creation, which doesn't necessarily mean the accumulation of money or material assets." Inherent in this post is (1) a view of yourself as being intellectually superior to the poster you are referring to, and (2) that because of the poster's intellectual inferiority, he would not be considered "productive" from the perspective of wealth creation. You have also continually championed the confidence of your accuracy in your assessments. While this might not be the forum for it, you brought it up. So, I think it is fair to ask you for a simple definition of what you are specifically referring to as wealth creation in the context of your post, and the criteria by which you determine whether or not someone is productive or unproductive. In that way, the poster you were referring to will have the opportunity to test the accuracy of your assessment.

Edited by billsfan1959

It makes sense. No point in even trying to play the Pats. What if disaster strikes and the Bills win? I may have to face my own shortcomings in life since I'll have little to complain about in regards to the football team.

Yes forfiet the game is best. They can take the afternoon off, "pass the pipe" and talk about how bad they suck...

there's a huge flaw in your logic - why get so built up with expectations and the consequent disappointment in the first place? why not temper the expectations until there's actual proof this team can handle the pats or jets? i don't think he's being a smart ass - i think he's calling it like he sees it, and if you've been in the "the bills will struggle" camp, you've been on point much more often than the misinformed homers.

every god damn year there's a bunch of idiots predicting a playoff spot, and every year we're not even in the ballgame come december. i'm willing to bet these are the same people now calling for a 12-4 season. it's truly unreal. that dunning-kruger effect is on the !@#$ing money.