"Bills Fear Fitzpatrick's Leverage Will Only Increase"

Rubes

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After the way Fitz has improved each season and the big jump he's made this year, if he has a couple of more monster games, I anoint him franchise QB and pay him franchise QB money.

Ralph has to spend the money anyway, starting in 2013, might as well start spending it now. Needs to get S. Johnson signed next is my guess. Fitz as well. Get them bothnow before it gets really expensive. Probably need to re do Fred's deal as well. Could happen. Gotta spend it.

Ralph has to spend the money anyway, starting in 2013, might as well start spending it now. Needs to get S. Johnson signed next is my guess. Fitz as well. Get them bothnow before it gets really expensive. Probably need to re do Fred's deal as well. Could happen. Gotta spend it.

:D It's easy to spend someone else's money isn't it? Sign Fitzgibbons & Johnson for 4 years, Freddy for 3.

I don't give a rat's ass how old Jackson is, sign him to a decent 3 year contract that shows the appreciation for what he brings to this team. There is no better leader for us on either side of the ball.

You don't pay guys after 1 good season, or a good season and a handful of games. If that means you have to pay more just to be sure, so be it. But to suggest the Bills are hoping their players do not perform well so they can pay them less is silly.

Incorrect.

You use your ability at evaluating talent and project that a player through their practice habits, meeting habits, study habits, and on the field performance is going to be a player you want to keep.

2+!!!!! seasons is way more than enough time to make that determination.

So now we are in 2+ season and they didn't spend August hammering out a deal.

There is no other way to interpret this than to say that the Bills FO is hoping that Fitz does not play well.

If they thought he would put up the performances he has accomplished through the first 2 weeks they would have rushed to sign him at a lower price in August, by waiting the FO is saying in no uncertain terms. "We're OK if you leave as a FA."

Good teams do not let key players become FA, or at least try very hard not to let that happen. The Bills FO keeps trying to get deals.

Same thing goes for Stevie Johnson. A smart front office had 4 years to evaluate this player. He practices and studies hard and performs well on the field. You FIRST extend Stevie Johnson, then you trade Lee Evans.

This gives you the advantage of signing Stevie for a lower price where he is the "#2" option.

Do you think Stevie, making about $400K this year, doesn't want to test the FA market.

If the Bills don't step up ASAP and make commitments to these players, you are fooling yourself if you think they're going to win resigning them when they are Unrestricted FAs.

Edited by Why So Serious?