Reports from stadium?

stevewin

Curious about a couple things

1) How was the Raider nation represented? On the broadcast there were times there seemed to be quite a large Raider presence. Was there much fan on fan rowdiness/violence during the game?

2) How did the new parking situation work out?

I didn't see many Raider fans in my section (219). However, before the game when I was headed to my seats, I saw a bunch of Raider fans greeting another bunch with "It's a home game." I felt like telling them if it was a home game we'd be in their dump of a stadium-I've been there for A's games & the place needs to be torn down, along with certain parts of the City of Oakland.

Parked off campus, no idea.

We dont park. We get dropped off and picked up so I cant speak to the parking but I do think it cleared out quicker than normal so kudos to them if thats the case.

Raider fans were as always present but oddly well behaved. Last Raiders game I saw naked girls (always fun) and a guy carrying a shirtless guy with facepaint on his shoulders having full beers thrown at him at a gate. I did not see that stuff today unfortunately and had really respectable Raiders fan in front of us. He was with three other people but was complimentary when he should have been and kept his mouth shut when he should have and that equals a good fan.

I think security had an amazingly light day. I only saw one rockpile intervention by security and one in the corner by the tunnel. I do not remember any game ever at the Ralph where I saw only one or two security interventions. It usually is 7 or more.

Are we becoming more civilized? Patriots next and I say I doubt it :rolleyes:

Edited by beerme1

I saw a few Raiders fans while tailgating but when I got to my seats there were none in my section. I didn't see any violence or poor fan behaviour either.

As for the new parking situation, the closing of the section of Abbott Rd across from the stadium was a nice change IMO. And I parked in Lot 3 which has the so-called "Disney-style" parking and it didn't bother me. I get wanting to meet and park next to friends, etc., but this new system was extremely efficient and organized. Not only do I not mind it, I actually like it.

All in all it was a great day and we're two and oh! Go Bills!

I thought both the crowd and parking lots were suprisingly well behaved especially for a home opener. There were two Raiders fans sitting by me but both were classy and only received good natured ribbing. Before the end of the last drive we agreed with the Raider fan that no matter what happens either way it was a Hell of a game. Overall a great day at the Ralph.