Bills No Huddle

phillyrich

I would not be surprised if the Bills came out with the No Huddle tomorrow. S Huff is questionable, S Mitchell is out, some more youth in secondary, Deep D line, travel cross country after Away Monday Night Game...... The No Huddle can reduce the amount of D Line Sub's and will give our WR depth favorable Match Up's, and even further open up Freddy and CJ. Call this a hunch.

Turk Schonert is back. :ph34r:

I'm not saying the Turk Schonert was good. But honestly, what OC could have success under Dick Jauron?

Personally, as far as tomorrow goes, I think we will be seeing a lot of screens to the backs, WRs and TE's. As well as a lot of misdirection and bootlegs to offset the strength of the Raiders d-line.

Edited by BillsZubaz

I'm not saying the Turk Schonert was good. But honestly, what OC could have success under Dick Jauron?

Personally, as far as tomorrow goes, I think we will be seeing a lot of screens to the backs, WRs and TE's. As well as a lot of misdirection and bootlegs to offset the strength of the Raiders d-line.

What offensive coordinator could have success with Trent Edwards under the helm?

I think i may be a bit nuts, but I was actually thinking about the no-huddle a while back. Before the season Gailey metioned how well Fitz understood the offence, and how deep the WR's are. I think Fitz might actually be smart enough to run it, and it looks like there is actually a tight end on the team.It might actually help the O-line also, not that they were bad game one.....

But that was eons ago, and how many times can they try it thinking that since it's the Bills it will be what it once was? It was great in the 80-90's, and just hearing the words brings a smile to my face, but just let it go! It will never be the same.

B-)

Hard to say. Maybe he had potential until Jauron fried his brain. Or maybe it was the hit in the AZ game that did that...who knows...I'm just glad he is gone.

Trent Edwards was a QB with promise until Arizona game; I was at that game.

That game rattled him and he was never able to recover from it.

I'd say Jauron never hired a competent OC, which made for a vicious cycle of trumping ineptitude, but his slave to continuity mentality was also organizationally crippling.

I would not be surprised if the Bills came out with the No Huddle tomorrow. S Huff is questionable, S Mitchell is out, some more youth in secondary, Deep D line, travel cross country after Away Monday Night Game...... The No Huddle can reduce the amount of D Line Sub's and will give our WR depth favorable Match Up's, and even further open up Freddy and CJ. Call this a hunch.

First play? Direct snap to Brad Mitchell..

Fitzgibbons is the perfect QB for a no-huddle: brian in general, and football brains, makes quick decisions, spreads the ball around, athletic enough, etc. . . . hummmm, everything Trent was not.

It would not surprise me at all to see the Bills go to the no-huddle at times today; that is, beyond the trying to score at the end of the half or game variety).

I think i may be a bit nuts, but I was actually thinking about the no-huddle a while back. Before the season Gailey metioned how well Fitz understood the offence, and how deep the WR's are. I think Fitz might actually be smart enough to run it, and it looks like there is actually a tight end on the team.It might actually help the O-line also, not that they were bad game one.....

But that was eons ago, and how many times can they try it thinking that since it's the Bills it will be what it once was? It was great in the 80-90's, and just hearing the words brings a smile to my face, but just let it go! It will never be the same.

B-)

OK, well, you are a bit nuts. :flirt: But to your point, Brady's incredible performance last week was orchestrated AT THE LOS. QB's with great understanding of their playbook and opponent preparation can play this way. Directing blocking schemes, pass routes and mismatches based on personnel groupings and defensive 'looks' are a huge advantage.

We'll find out soon enough how 'on the same page' Fitz & Gailey are at this point.

Fitzgibbons is the perfect QB for a no-huddle: brian in general, and football brains, makes quick decisions, spreads the ball around, athletic enough, etc. . . . hummmm, everything Trent was not.

It would not surprise me at all to see the Bills go to the no-huddle at times today; that is, beyond the trying to score at the end of the half or game variety).

brian in general??? who is brian and isnt he a sargent?? :thumbsup: