5 Reasons... can you name more?

BuckeyeBill

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you beat the Raiders tomorrow, it'll be the best team you've beaten since the 2009 season

The Bills got worse last year, in 2009 they were 6-10, went 4-12 in 2010

Thats getting worse.. What is it that says the Bills will be better? A beating of a bad football team in the Chiefs?

Not impressed yet.. If the Bills beat Oakland tomorrow and continue to improve and beat a couple in division teams I'll be the first to come on here and give them credit.. And , by the way.. if the Raiders stink it up this and do worse than their 8-8 record last year.. I'll bash them to no end as well.. I'm notplaying favorites here.. Anybody that knows me knows I blast the Raiders and al Davis when they stink

I can completely relate. You sound like a Bills fan here :lol:

glad you like it. after a decade of losing, poking a little fun

if the team continues to kick @, i'll change it to lakers of the nfl or manchester united of the nfl

lol I got a good laugh out of it..

I always appreciate humorous cynicism. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself. The forum I call home, we do it all the time. So I can relate.

One thing we have in common is our teams have sucked forever.

Edited by Bump

lol I got a good laugh out of it..

I always appreciate humorous cynicism. Gotta be able to laugh at yourself. The forum I call home, we do it all the time. So I can relate.

One thing we have in common is our teams have sucked forever.

i thought of it when i saw one guy was RAIDERSEAST, not making that up. lol

This is a little crazy.

I think the Bills will win and I want a win badly. I really like Freddy and think he is one of the most underrated players (by the media) in the league, and I haven't nearly given up on Spiller yet.

However, McFadden right now is as good as they come. He is fully in his prime and he is an absolute beast. He's arguably playing as well, if not better, than any RB in the league.

Jackson is no doubt a good back, but you have to give the nod to McFadden. Not taking anything away from Fred, it's that McFadden is just that nasty.

If the Bills can lock down McFadden somehow, we win.

Agree. We get 1 win in a row and now our team is all hall of famers. Go Bills

I'm not bad mouthing the guy, I'm simply trying to figure out why he's this all pro QB is all

Chronic, I haven't seen anyone claiming he's an all-pro QB. What board are you reading?

I saw you asked for info, and we told you about him, good points and bad.

How is he different than Campbell, I think the word "consistency" sums it up.

Campbell is pretty much middle-of-the-pack in the NFL. Year in, year out, week in, week out. He is what he is.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking that. You can win games around consistency, given a running game and good D.

IMO Redskins goofed big time by trading him, and Oakland improved its QB situation dramatically.

Fitz, historically, averages out about the same. But that's where it stops.

He can play badly.

He can also play out-of-his-head, like he did last week against the Chiefs: 4 TDs, >200 yds, and he sat through the 4th and part of the 3rd quarter.

We watch, and we say "can we have THAT guy, every week please?"

The one thing he's proven, over and over, that endears him to Buffalo fans, is that he can play very well on a bad team.

He made stuff happen last year, almost singlehandedly. If no one is blocking, he'll block. If no one is open, he'll find someone anyway.

If he can't find someone, he'll run like a running back, putting his shoulder down to make the down.

He's got Game.

Take him lightly, please do!

glad you like it. after a decade of losing, poking a little fun

if the team continues to kick @, i'll change it to lakers of the nfl or manchester united of the nfl

I just thought you were a long lost Buffalo Braves fan . . Ernie D, Bob McAdoo, etc., those were the days, and probably the last time the franchise that is the Clippers made it to the play-offs.

I liked you till this comment.

Now you're back to being the enemy. Good luck this week. The better team will win and we will know about 4:00 est Sunday. If not sooner.

The question is it true? Chargers got rid of the player for a reason. Didn't he get caughtr this offseason trying to bring that stuff across the border with canada. So what the problem we have to make like it never happened. Okay Shawn Merriman is a great player because of hard work.

The raiders will only have 4 wr's for the game missing their top two targets. If we put another out of the game they won't be able to spread us out and we'll be able to keep that extra body near the box to stop that rushing attack.

Raiders don't spread out anyway... they rarely use a 3 wide set and never use a 4 wide. If they do go empty backfield it's with DMAC and/or Reece.

So.... that theory couldn't be more wrong. This "8 in the box" stuff isn't some ancient chinese secret.

You got Darren McFadden running on you or Jason Campbell throwing the ball....

10 out of 10 teams are going to try and make Campbell beat you with his arm.

And it's not like you have Adrian Wilson back there or anything :rolleyes:

Edited by Bump

Raiders don't spread out anyway... they rarely use a 3 wide set and never use a 4 wide. If they do go empty backfield it's with DMAC and/or Reece.

So.... that theory couldn't be more wrong. This "8 in the box" stuff isn't some ancient chinese secret.

You got Darren McFadden running on you or Jason Campbell throwing the ball....

10 out of 10 teams are going to try and make Campbell beat you with his arm.

And it's not like you have Adrian Wilson back there or anything :rolleyes:

This..

Raiders hit intermediate routes and will toss it deep to keep defenses honest once in a while

Raiders get their YACS from screens and beating LB's outside

Expect Hue to put speedy guys like Tiwan Jones on a LB to create a mistmatch

Tiawan Jones

Take a look at this video

This was vs the Saints starters in week 3

Whats great about this video is.. its not a homer video that only shows hghlights.. this is every carry of Tiawan Jones, he gets stuffed a few times.. but watch the whole video.. you'll get a good idea of what to expect from Oakland

This..

Raiders hit intermediate routes and will toss it deep to keep defenses honest once in a while

Raiders get their YACS from screens and beating LB's outside

Expect Hue to put speedy guys like Tiwan Jones on a LB to create a mistmatch

Tiawan Jones

Take a look at this video

This was vs the Saints starters in week 3

Whats great about this video is.. its not a homer video that only shows hghlights.. this is every carry of Tiawan Jones, he gets stuffed a few times.. but watch the whole video.. you'll get a good idea of what to expect from Oakland

youtube.com/watch?v=_-_mxXyoTNs

How can you watch that video and say he doesn't look like CJ2K lol...

He probably won't ever come close to the stature of CJ. But when you watch how he runs..it's almost a carbon copy running style. Hard to get a hit, slippery, and speed on top of speed.

Ralph is 92 and has a broken hip

Davis is 82 and has acted like he has dementia for years.

Ralph wins geriatric competition.

Raiders fought for the win last week to give Davis a winning season before he kicks.

They should lose this week to give the decade older Ralph the same.

Edited by DieHardFan

The raiders will only have 4 wr's for the game missing their top two targets. If we put another out of the game they won't be able to spread us out and we'll be able to keep that extra body near the box to stop that rushing attack.

For the millonth time Raiders will probably play with more two TE sets . I expect that to be standard against most of the 3-4 defense they play this year. Raiders have so many options . TE David Ausberry 6'4 245 4.47 who was a wr in college could just like up at wr.

How would bills deal with something like this. LT Veldheer LG S Wisnieski c S Satele Rg C carlisle Rt K Barnes twp tes's Kevin Boss 6'6 255 and OT Bruce campbell 6'6 315 as extra te. Chaz Schilens 6'4 225 as single Wr with Marcel reece and Darren Mcfadden in backfield . Jason Campbell behind center.

The thread started out ok, but has regressed significantly. Too tired to quote 10 different posts. This game will be about the Raiders secondary. Expect the Bills to play a bunch of 4-5 Wr spread formations and try and exploit the raiders in the short, quick passing game. If they can, we will win. I think the raiders will have some success running the ball, but like last week (vs a terrible run d), will have to kick a bunch of FGs. If the bills have success with the short passing game and the raiders can find the end zone instead of kicking FGs, we will have ourselves one helluva game. No one here knows how it will play out.P.s. Kyle williams and Marcell Dareus would start over Tommie Kelly. He's a good player, but these guys are better. You'll find out tomorrow.

Oh no

C'mon man.. The Bills won 4 games last year.. 4.. Fitzpatick was 4-10 as a starter. He beat the Lions, Bengals, Browns and Dolphins

Show me 1 team of quality Fitzpatrick has ever beaten?

Ya cant.. He hasnt done it yet.. Not to say he wont this year, I hope he tears the Pats a new ass cause I hate them more than cancer itself.. But right now.. Today... He hasnt beaten any team worth a sh*t..

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell man

That is correct, and when Fitz and the Bills beat that a** tomorrow, Fitz still won't have beaten a good team as a starter!!

Five reasons why I don’t see Buffalo possibly losing this game:

1. Their win was more impressive against the Chiefs (10-6) than the Raider win against the Broncos (4-12). Both the Chiefs and Broncos were excited about their home opener… and both blew it. The Chiefs turned the ball over 3 times, leading to 17 points by the Bills. The Broncos turned the ball over 3 times as well, leading to 20 points by the Raiders. Both games should have been blow outs, right?

Well the Bills won by 34 points and the Raiders won by 3. Only THREE!! If Janikowski had not been kicking through the thin mile-high air, the Raiders would not have made that 63 yard field goal… and the game would have gone into overtime! Nearly going into overtime against a 4-12 team that shot themselves in the foot three times? How is that an impressive win?!

Not to mention that the Chiefs are a superior team to Denver.

2. The Raiders best players are hurt. Jacoby Ford is out, Darius Heyward-Bey is listed as questionable, so is Michael Huff, Kevin Boss, and Richard Seymour. Heck, even Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden are listed as probable. I don’t think the Raiders would beat the Bills even if all their guns were loaded… too bad the Raiders will be running on empty.

3. The Raiders had a short week (game ending around 2AM Tuesday morning EST). Therefore Oakland have had about 131 hours to rest and prepare for this game. The Bills on the other hand will have had 165 hours to rest and prepare. The Raiders have to fly from Denver-to Oakland- then to Buffalo (3907 miles)… while the Bills just have to come home (986 miles). Historically, teams in the Raiders position don’t play sharp on Sunday!

4. You could state an argument that the Chiefs are a better team than the Raiders because the Raiders are one dimensional. The Chiefs have pro bowlers Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe, while the Raiders have… um… Jason Campbell and… a questionable DHB? Yes, the Raiders have a good running attack… a great running attack… but so did the Chiefs and the Bills pretty much shut them down. The Bills will key on the run (putting 8 in the box) and dare Campbell to beat them in the air. I would argue that Charles = McFadden, but Cassel > Campell.

5. The Home Field advantage will give the Bills another huge advantage (even if they don’t it). Home opener… new uniforms… new hope… the Bills fans want this win badly, and you know the Bills players want it even more so! I don’t remember the last time the fans were so thirsty for a win against an 8-8 team that was not in the AFC East. The Ralph will be rocking on Sunday my friends… too bad for the Raiders.

They never had a chance…

1) Dareus

2) Fitz

3) Home opener

4) Lindell

5) Obama

The thread started out ok, but has regressed significantly. Too tired to quote 10 different posts. This game will be about the Raiders secondary. Expect the Bills to play a bunch of 4-5 Wr spread formations and try and exploit the raiders in the short, quick passing game. If they can, we will win. I think the raiders will have some success running the ball, but like last week (vs a terrible run d), will have to kick a bunch of FGs. If the bills have success with the short passing game and the raiders can find the end zone instead of kicking FGs, we will have ourselves one helluva game. No one here knows how it will play out.P.s. Kyle williams and Marcell Dareus would start over Tommie Kelly. He's a good player, but these guys are better. You'll find out tomorrow.

I don't know how effective that will be as Raiders are playing more zone these days.()mixing their coverages) You have the speed the Raiders have in the secondary and almost everywhere on defense that is very dangerous to try and hit those receivers real quick. The Qb can't hold the ball that long as presure going to be coming real quick off the corner.

The Bills play that 4-5 wr package . Your doing the Raiders a favor because your taking wlb

Q Groves off the field and bringing in an actual football player.

The Raiders are just going with their big Nickel defense They will bring in their Pass rushers (K Wimbley) and Trevor Scott at De. Tom Kelly/and R seymour will be tackles

Fitzpatrick going to have to get that football out using three steps drop. SJerome boyd 6'2 225 will come in and play Rover lb/s Position . My guess he will be asked to pick up the Te. Mlb Rolando Mcclain will be MLB Chris Johnson and Stanford

Routt will be outside Cbs. M Huff will be nickel Cb and Tyvon Branch will be SS and Giordano will be Fs.

Raiders are going to show Fitzpatrick alot of diffrent things today. Expect zone blites which are very dangerous when Qb has to get rid of the football real fast. (what looks open might not be the case when Lineman drops back into coverage instead of rushing)

Bills like the Broncos better be able to hold raiders to fieldgoals and not touchdowns. Thats there chance to keep it close an steal one late. Raiders should be able to put in a better red zone offenbse this week ,than they had in Denver

Neither Bills DT is better than Tom Kelly right now and you will find out what im talking about today

Edited by Raiderjoe