More patdowning down at the gate

Hammered a Lot

The times we live in. :(

Not to sound like an old fart but you used to be able to bring kegs into the old War Memorial stadium.

PTR

Yeah, and although I was a kid when I was attending games there, I recall the occasional gat and blade brought in there as well.

There's always someone F'n things up for everyone else.

THE ROLLING STONES 1981 Rich Stadium.

Stadium rules allow for one gallon of liquid to be brought into stadium per person.

Cripes I can't believe I remember as much of that show as I do. :D

Yeah me too. Although one of my strongest associations is the smell of cannibas in the air and the taste of strawberry rolling papers on my lips. :oops:

I went to the Detroit preseason game a few weeks back (I don't know why, no one else did) and I told the guy who "patted" me down that he would have buy me dinner next time before he'd get to do that again. I was pretty damn surprised at the level of familiarity he had achieved in those bried moments. ;)

utterly absurd, its all about contraband and preventing people from smuggling in drinks. If you really think its security, anything that could be hidden in the knee to ankle area could be hidden someplace else. A terrorist isnt going to be stopped by a shlub patting down 1000 drunk idiots. The reduced parking lot hours, new pat downs, they just want you buying more inside and this is the """best practice"" to increase revenue. I mean really, they dont do a damn thing at sabres games, but were suppsoed to believe the NFL on this?

Uuummm...they have been checking inside your coat at Sabres games for at least the last several years. :doh:

Edited by LabattBlue

Uuummm...they have been checking inside your coat at Sabres games for at least the last several years. :doh:

Ummm they glance at the inside of your coat. No touching or enhanced rub downs. Honestly what does an ankle pat prevent security wise that couldn't be hidden elsewhere.

Again, its contraband more than security. They want to drive revenue inside the stadium.

Ummm they glance at the inside of your coat. No touching or enhanced rub downs. Honestly what does an ankle pat prevent security wise that couldn't be hidden elsewhere.

Again, its contraband more than security. They want to drive revenue inside the stadium.

You said that don't do a damn thing at Sabres game. I say that Security staff who are looking inside your coat is not "nothing". :rolleyes:

PS Only here do people want to argue even when something they posted previously is incorrect. :wallbash:

Edited by LabattBlue

THE ROLLING STONES 1981 Rich Stadium.

Stadium rules allow for one gallon of liquid to be brought into stadium per person.

Cripes I can't believe I remember as much of that show as I do. :D

I think this was on the front cover of the weekend magazine. Do you remember the picture of a guy with a watermellon helmet on holding up a one gallon milk container which looked like some type of party juice? I think it might have been from one of the Superfest concerts.