Reggie Corner .............

Jdragon2

Numerous thoughts on this one.

* Reggie Corner may be on the roster solely as an insurance policy... he's not suddenly our nickel cornerback again. There's a good chance that he's there for injury disaster only and that Aaron Williams is ahead of him now. In fact there's even a chance that they'd give Justin Rogers a shot ahead of Corner in the event of an injury onslaught at corner. The Bills know what Reggie Corner is all about and they cut him.

* Terrence McGee has played in just 13 of the last 32 regular season games. Trade him? He has zero trade value. No one gives draft picks up for an aging cornerback who cannot stay healthy.

* Eddins wasn't likely to make a big impact this year. He's Bills property and hopefully makes a big jump next year. Not broken up about this one at all (BTW, the Bills did not announce the nature of Eddins' injury when they announced him to IR).

* Antonio Coleman is one OLB injury away from being contacted by the Bills.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Numerous thoughts on this one.

* Reggie Corner may be on the roster solely as an insurance policy... he's not suddenly our nickel cornerback again. There's a good chance that he's there for injury disaster only and that Aaron Williams is ahead of him now. In fact there's even a chance that they'd give Justin Rogers a shot ahead of Corner in the event of an injury onslaught at corner. The Bills know what Reggie Corner is all about and they cut him.

Agree to an extent, and I don't think Corner is very good.

There is a very good chance, however, that if there were another injury, Corner would shoot ahead of Rogers instantly. We still have three decent options in Flo, McLovin, and A Williams. We also have three safeties that can play, although Scott has been playing LB in nickel and dime packages. The Bills liked Rogers over Corner but Rogers is likely not ready to play yet. He missed a lot of training camp and he is an undersized rookie. They may not want two rookies back there. Corner was probably the best option right now as a bandaid, even though he isn't very good. he knows the defense.

I think I will be surprised if Corner is on the team 6-8 weeks from now though, barring a rash of injuries back there.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. My post was not to lament on McGee's skillz. He is a good player, BUT, he "was" a better player. It means that although he is not the player he once was, he is indeed trade bait for a team in need, and good enough for a 3rd rounder, IMO, maybe even 2nd round if the need is urgent. Look, I like him a lot, I really do, but I'm trying to think about the future. Our CB core is pretty good, a notch or two above average, IMO, and well coached. We could stand to lose McGee, and it wouldn't hurt us necessarily.

Just sayin.

Tim-

At this point in his career and with his recent injury history, I have to completely disagree with your perspective on McGee's value. I don't think there's a single team out there that would trade a 3rd rounder for him, let alone a 2nd. He could probably get something in a trade, but it wouldn't be a lot.