Saw something from the Bills I haven't seen in years...

devldog131

For the past few years, especially under Dickie J, in the rare occasion the Bills got out to a double digit lead, they would take their collective foot off the gas and go into protect-the-lead mode. They'd play their base cover 2 defense and rush four every play. On offense, it was the typical run-run-incompletion-punt sequence. Inevitably, the other team would get back into it, the Bills couldn't get going again, and they'd lose a close one.

Yesterday at KC, the Bills did something I have been waiting years to see... they showed a killer instinct. When they had the chefs down, they didn't let up and try to protect the lead... they put their collective foot on the chefs collective throat and applied steadily increasing pressure until they choked them out.

That is what good, winning teams do.

Couldn't agree more. The thing that I liked the most about that killer instinct they showed is when they did apply enough pressure to make the game out of reach, they didn't pull a Belicheat and say "If you can't stop us why should we stop scoring" and pulled the started to save them for next week.

You stay classy Chan.

And you keep being a dick Bill.

Edited by The Wiz

Of course if the Bills threw the ball too much and the Chiefs got some picks to stay in the game, Gailey would be killed for it. See Trent threwing that pick in the Dallas' MNF game. If you lose, fans would find any reason to criticize.

But personally, I love being aggressive. I'd rather lose being too aggressive than sitting back and letting a team slowly creep back. Gailey has a ton of confidence in his players and that can go a long way.

For the past few years, especially under Dickie J, in the rare occasion the Bills got out to a double digit lead, they would take their collective foot off the gas and go into protect-the-lead mode. They'd play their base cover 2 defense and rush four every play. On offense, it was the typical run-run-incompletion-punt sequence. Inevitably, the other team would get back into it, the Bills couldn't get going again, and they'd lose a close one.

Yesterday at KC, the Bills did something I have been waiting years to see... they showed a killer instinct. When they had the chefs down, they didn't let up and try to protect the lead... they put their collective foot on the chefs collective throat and applied steadily increasing pressure until they choked them out.

They finally got it done without having to hold on to dear life at the end only to lose a close one. Good point!

BOOM... ENCOURAGEMENT- couldn't agree more, I loved the killer instinct