Pennington acting like a 12 year old...

gmac17

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the press conference and he was pretty level headed.  I've seen much worse.  I thought he handled himself pretty well.  He gave the media a pretty good lecture about class and integrity, and was composed doing it.

170143[/snapback]

He was lecturing the New York media on how they don't know how to do their jobs. He really seemed deeply scared by reporters who criticized his bad QB play. Someone talking level headed was about the last thing I took away from seeing that press conference.

If you take the time to look into the incident you'd actually realize that you're completely off base with this. Pennington's spot on with his assessment.

I've been following the incident, and I'm not offbase with this at all.

1) He plays like stevestojan vs pittsburgh, has zero zip in his passes and his team loses.

2) Like anywhere else, he takes heat for his crappy performance. It wasn't even that much heat compared to what it could have been, or what it would be for another qb in another city.

3) He doesn't talk to the media yesterday. When asked why he says "because I can".

4) Today, he says he was just kidding around throwing a curveball at the media, just like they throw curveball questions to him. He then goes on to B word about all the negative stories in the press, (despite the fact that he doesn't listen to radio or read the papers). He says he found out because troy aikman told him everyone was negative on him. Then he has the guts to say "I went to a major steakhouse with the offensive line this week, and all the fans were happy....amazing how negative you guys are..."

Then, despite the fact that he doesn't read the papers or listen to sports radio - (so he doesn't really know what was written about him), he launches into a holier than thou lecture to the press about how they have to have integrity, blah blah blah. Dude, you are in New York and you played like sh-- - shut the fug up.

Evidently you aren't allowed to question a qb when he plays like sh--, and when he has a history of not being able to win important games you aren't allowed to mention it.

I think somebody should teach him the difference between reporters and columnists.

He has had it ridiculously easy in NY up until now, but it's about to get a whole lot tougher.

I am deeply saddened by the lot of you. A two page thread on Pennington and not one person has brought up the obvious. Not one person has spoken the truth that Chad is asking for. Not one person has been willing to say what is really on their mind.

Chad's got the funniest ears I have ever seen. :):lol::lol::lol:

he looks like the guy from rudolph who wants to be a dentist - is it harvey?

171016[/snapback]

Hermie. Just watched that with my daughter the other night.

Hermie Pennington. :)

Someone mentioned his ears. Obviously, you have never seen Jay Feidler.

I do agree with one thing he said tho, it IS a privilege for some of these reporters to have the job they have. They are WAAAY too self important for their own good (think Jerry Sullivan) and believe that they are above criticism.

Here's a quote from Steve Serby (NY Post). Are you kidding me??? He's saying its a privilege for Pennington to be interviewed by him??? And this whole voice of the fans crap, does that make Jerry Sullivan the voice of the Bills fans?? God I hope not.

You have always been a stand-up guy. You get a mulligan for Sunday, and for yesterday, when you almost sounded like you forgot where you came from when you told us it was a privilege for Jet beat reporters to cover some of the best athletes in the country. Sorry. It is a privilege being interviewed by scribes who serve as the voice of fans who are the reason why Woody Johnson signed you to that $64 million contract.

And this one from Bob Raissman (NY Daily News)....

"It's not your right (to cover the Jets)," Pennington said during his press conference. "It's a privilege."

Only in Pennington's narrow mind.

Sorry Bob, it IS a privilege to have the job u have. The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be.

I do agree with one thing he said tho, it IS a privilege for some of these reporters to have the job they have.  They are WAAAY too self important for their own good (think Jerry Sullivan) and believe that they are above criticism. 

Here's a quote from Steve Serby (NY Post).  Are you kidding me???  He's saying its a privilege for Pennington to be interviewed by him???  And this whole voice of the fans crap, does that make Jerry Sullivan the voice of the Bills fans??  God I hope not.

And this one from Bob Raissman (NY Daily News)....

Sorry Bob, it IS a privilege to have the job u have.  The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be.

171177[/snapback]

Wrong! :w00t:

How about the priviledge to play starting quarterbak in the NFL???? And not sound like a baby when you get criticized by the people who's "JOB" it is to both criticize and pat players on the back!!!! :w00t:

How about the priviledge to play starting quarterbak in the NFL???? And not sound like a baby when you get criticized by the people who's "JOB" it is to both criticize and pat players on the back!!!!

Oh, I'm not saying that I agree with his whole rant, and it is a privilege to play QB in the NFL. That said, the media believes themselves to be a little too self-important at times, not all of them, but many of them. Like Serby, Sullivan or Raissman. As if they are above criticsm and speak for all the fans. Go fug themselves if they believe that.

Hermie. Just watched that with my daughter the other night.

Hermie Pennington.  :w00t:

Someone mentioned his ears. Obviously, you have never seen Jay Feidler.

171022[/snapback]

Naw...Rick Neuheisel is the original "Hermie." Pennington's imitation isn't bad, but Neuheisel's got him beat.

i thought it was great. the media needs to be knocked down a peg or two. good for chad p.

After he had a terrible game against the Steelers some papers rightfully wrote about it, questioning his arm strength etc - but nothing over the top.

Yesterday he was very short with the media and today he lectured them about how their job is a priviledge, they have to be fair etc. 

I've never heard anything like it in all my life.

169918[/snapback]

I liked what he did. Good for him.

171982[/snapback]

So you like crybaby QBs? You must have loved Ryan Leaf. :o

Pennington was told he wasn't all that and got his feelings hurt. Well welcome to New York Chadwick. Real QBs step up to the plate and take the blame when they stink on any given Sunday. I'm sure those reporters did not feel priviledged to witness his stink bomb against the Steelers. What his real problem is that everyone knows that Carter can throw the deep ball and he can't.

So you like crybaby QBs? You must have loved Ryan Leaf.  :D

Pennington was told he wasn't all that and got his feelings hurt. Well welcome to New York Chadwick. Real QBs step up to the plate and take the blame when they stink on any given Sunday. I'm sure those reporters did not feel priviledged to witness his stink bomb against the Steelers. What his real problem is that everyone knows that Carter can throw the deep ball and he can't.

172045[/snapback]

No. I thought what he said to the media was good. I loved every second of that press-conference. I felt like clapping.