Brad Smith's Importance To This Offense

What I would like to see implemented and what a lot of other teams have done against the bills is on running plays line him up at WR and have him come around as a decoy reverse early on in the game. Later on in the game 3rd or 4th quarter have him run a reverse or a reverse throwback a la Randel El.

There is so many possibilities with this guy.

As for him returning the ball deep in the endzone, with the new kickoff rule that will be the norm this year.

When you watch Brad Smith convert those 3rd and short plays, the old Lombardi saying it true. The opponent may know he is running up the middle 99% of the time, but if the players execute it's still not stoppable. Don't short change Smith either...he is great at dancing through the slightest crease to convert. You know a guy like CJ would get stuffed for no gain if he tried that.

What I would like to see implemented and what a lot of other teams have done against the bills is on running plays line him up at WR and have him come around as a decoy reverse early on in the game. Later on in the game 3rd or 4th quarter have him run a reverse or a reverse throwback a la Randel El.

There is so many possibilities with this guy.

As for him returning the ball deep in the endzone, with the new kickoff rule that will be the norm this year.

What I've been saying is have him lineup in the backfield with FJ or CJ, and then depending on what Fitz sees, have him move to WR, QB, or stay at HB.

Not to be a downer, but I was not overly impressed with Brad Smith today. I like that he converted the 3rd downs... but he also made mistakes with the pick and the poor choice to return that kick. I know he supposedly has speed, but I haven't seen it yet...including preseason. He seems to practically stand still while he is dissecting the plays and waiting for blocks. Those were some ugly 2 yard runs out of the wildcat, EXCEPT that he got the first downs. Of course, I'll take an ugly third down conversion every time.

You're kidding, right?

People expecting Smith to hit a homerun on every play are not thinking of this in the right way, imo.

Smith is best thought of as another wrinkle a team needs to prepare for, nothing less, nothing more. If he hits a homerun every once in a while, awesome. Other than that, give us a few yards, a few first downs, and I'm happy.

I was thinking we didn't see him much at WR also, but he was good on ST and great with 3rd down conversions. Looked like he would have scored and easy six too if it hadn't been for the false start. Talent is talent and the Bills seem to be continually stocking up in tha department...

Good to throw the pass to give the competition something else to worry about, the fact it was picked caused roughly the same approximate impact as a punt...

He's far more than just a third RB. That pass was a low percentage one to begin with, but it showed that the Bills will pass out of the (it's called ;))Wild Bill. Even if he misfires (and that's not always going to be the case), it's not like they can ignore the WR's.

Sorry, Wild Bill it is.

Also think we need to call Freddie Jackson "Waterfall."