We'll just put the jobs plan on the credit card

Rob's House

I heard that they want to reduce Social Security and Medicare garnishment by the tune of $1,000 a year for an average worker....

No words spoken on the borrowing we'll have to do to fund those programs. Or hell, maybe they'll just let them collapse in 2025 or 2030 and for all us younger folks who've paid in and will never see a dime of that back, they'll just laugh and yell out, "SNOOKERED!"

I heard that they want to reduce Social Security and Medicare garnishment by the tune of $1,000 a year for an average worker....

No words spoken on the borrowing we'll have to do to fund those programs. Or hell, maybe they'll just let them collapse in 2025 or 2030 and for all us younger folks who've paid in and will never see a dime of that back, they'll just laugh and yell out, "SNOOKERED!"

Rates on 10-year T bonds are 2%, it's a good time to borrow to do some more things to stimulate the economy. Work on the long term deficit issue when unemployment gets below 6%. The federal government issues its own currency, it doesn't have to balance its budget like a household, and shoudn't. The real deficit problem is long term, not short.

Rates on 10-year T bonds are 2%, it's a good time to borrow to do some more things to stimulate the economy. Work on the long term deficit issue when unemployment gets below 6%. The federal government issues its own currency, it doesn't have to balance its budget like a household, and shoudn't. The real deficit problem is long term, not short.

Sure. Then there really isn't a deficit at all. The government doesn't need to raise taxes at all. In fact - they can stop collecting taxes altogether. They just have to print trillions of dollars in new money and use that to fund everything. BernYankMe's doing that with the debt. Should work just swell to help BO balance his checkbook.

Sure. Then there really isn't a deficit at all. The government doesn't need to raise taxes at all. In fact - they can stop collecting taxes altogether. They just have to print trillions of dollars in new money and use that to fund everything. BernYankMe's doing that with the debt. Should work just swell to help BO balance his checkbook.

The point is that you don't pursue "austerity" measures when the economy is bordering on a double-dip recession. You worry about "fixing" the deficit after you've helped push the economy toward recovery. There are a lot of good ideas mentioned in BO's speech that will hopefully be passed.

Once the economy gains serious momentum, and unemployment gets closer to 6%, a majority of the deficit gap will be "closed." That's when you start working on the long term issues and fixes.

No one advocates the caricature that you paint.

The point is that you don't pursue "austerity" measures when the economy is bordering on a double-dip recession. You worry about "fixing" the deficit after you've helped push the economy toward recovery. There are a lot of good ideas mentioned in BO's speech that will hopefully be passed.

Once the economy gains serious momentum, and unemployment gets closer to 6%, a majority of the deficit gap will be "closed." That's when you start working on the long term issues and fixes.

No one advocates the caricature that you paint.

So you also support not raising taxes on anyone at this point?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_JOBS_FACT_CHECK?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-09-09-04-41-51

This "paid for" business reminds me of the health care bill that was going to cover everyone while reducing costs and saving the leprechauns.

So when the President says he will cut an equal amount to get a program it still isn't enough? Typical. This guy could walk on water someone on the right would complain that he wasn't running.

haha I knew it!!

I think I've said on more than one occasion that we should restore the top rate from the Bush cuts. Also, I think we should stop pretending to have different taxes that support different programs, especially on business side of taxation--lump the business income and payroll taxes into a VAT.

So when the President says he will cut an equal amount to get a program it still isn't enough? Typical. This guy could walk on water someone on the right would complain that he wasn't running.

Did you read the article that was linked? He could say we're going to sell salt to the Martians to balance the budget and you would erupt in masturbatory joy.

At least all but the biggest fanboys bailed on Bush, but no matter how much **** Obama steps in you still kiss his feet.

Typical.