naysyer predicts bills win.

tennesseeboy

Why would I who has bemoaned the loss of Evans and the weakness of the O-line predict a win over KC?

Well, I can't help but look at every evaluation predicting and noting that we have NO absolutely NO run defense not getting into KC's game planning. There is an area of great improvement and we have seen that in the draft (Dareus) and in preseason and that will be the run game. I'm not just talking about starters either. I think KC has to look at their tremendous running success against the bills and assume another day at the races. I think that will be a big surprise. I an assuming Cassell will play, but I expect with Merriman and all we will be an effective pass rushing team as well.

Offensively this is Fitz's first time taking the team from the preseason and into the regular season as a starter and he has improved game after game. The KC team plays a horizontal based defense, and I see Johnson and Parrish getting open and am hoping that the trade of Evans wasn't a mistake and Jones and Easley are really that good.

I worry about special teams, but then we'll just hve to see what we have.

Prediction- Bills 24 Chiefs 13.

I thought you were going to say Jerry Sullivan had tapped us to win. I'd say your assessment is about right, and (and it may just be the lover of narrative in me) might add the prediction that we hold them under 100 yards rushing.

Why would I who has bemoaned the loss of Evans and the weakness of the O-line predict a win over KC?

Well, I can't help but look at every evaluation predicting and noting that we have NO absolutely NO run defense not getting into KC's game planning. There is an area of great improvement and we have seen that in the draft (Dareus) and in preseason and that will be the run game. I'm not just talking about starters either. I think KC has to look at their tremendous running success against the bills and assume another day at the races. I think that will be a big surprise. I an assuming Cassell will play, but I expect with Merriman and all we will be an effective pass rushing team as well.

Offensively this is Fitz's first time taking the team from the preseason and into the regular season as a starter and he has improved game after game. The KC team plays a horizontal based defense, and I see Johnson and Parrish getting open and am hoping that the trade of Evans wasn't a mistake and Jones and Easley are really that good.

Your right. Given your comments this summer I am surprised by your prediction. We are on the road. The Chiefs look to be a team on the rise and we still have to prove we can block and tackle.

We can win this game but it is going to take some big plays and last year we simply lacked players that could step us to make the bigs plays in close games. I think the Bills are slightly better than last year based on these things:

1 - Dareus.

2 - Merriman - if he stays healthy. Without him or pass rush drops off significantly.

3. - Better LBs for the 3-4 (Barnett, Morrison, Batten)

4. - The likely improvement of last years draft class (Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Batten).

5. - A full season of Fitz

We still have problems in these areas:

1. - The OL, until proven othwerwise, is a worry. unproven starters (Pears, Urbik), inconsistent players (Bell) and no depth.

2. - very little experience at WR. Can Roscoe step up? Can the #2/#3 (Jones, Nelson, Easley) really take coverage off of Stevie Johnson?

3. - TE, if we even use one, will they contribute in a real game?

4. - A full season of Fitz with nothing behind him.

Well tennesseeboy, it's good to see you are not a complete downer :thumbsup: Your assessment seems fairly close but I am expecting some serious improvement by our D and even a moderate improvement by the O. This spells big trouble for KC IMO. This could be a run away game and I think the Bills will look very dominant in this one.

Well tennesseeboy, it's good to see you are not a complete downer :thumbsup: Your assessment seems fairly close but I am expecting some serious improvement by our D and even a moderate improvement by the O. This spells big trouble for KC IMO. This could be a run away game and I think the Bills will look very dominant in this one.

You know its not only that we have made a major improvement in the defensive run stopping game...its also that NO ONE seems to acknowledge it, hopefully including KC. This may give us a leg up in the first few games. Once we show that we have strenght against the run this yar that might change.

It is still, no surprise, the offensive line that scares me. Come on guys..prove me wrong!

1. Stop the run

2. Stop the run

3. Get some kind of pass rush on Cassell, maybe have Dareus land on him a few times

4. Get Freddy 25+ carries and > 100 yards

5. Keep bonehead penalties to an absolute minimum

6. No fumbling on KO or PR

7. Stop the run

Bills 24 KC 13

You know its not only that we have made a major improvement in the defensive run stopping game...its also that NO ONE seems to acknowledge it, hopefully including KC. This may give us a leg up in the first few games. Once we show that we have strenght against the run this yar that might change.

It is still, no surprise, the offensive line that scares me. Come on guys..prove me wrong!

I'm perfectly happy that it is not being acknowledged. Let people watch the games with dumb looks of astonishment on their faces and then we can watch them start jumping on the bandwagon.

Maybe it isn't so much not acknowledging it as not believing the Bills run D is that much improved over last year from adding Dareus, replacing Poz with a 4th in the depth chart GB LB, a and question mark in Merriman. I too am hoping that KC gets a VERY rude surprise tomorrow but they could just as easily be right as wrong. Tomorrow should show us EXACTLY how much improved the run D is. I am very looking forward to it!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Okay. Are we WORSE in any areas? Last year - first year in new O, D and ST schemes.

Last year's D was worse than Diarrhea.

Last year's O was anemic at best.

But that team took these same Chefs to OT in their house.

One year later:

This year's D is better than Diarrhea.

This year's O has a year of study under their belt - and a TE of consequence.

This year Chan's team shiv's the mo-fo Hanley.