Fitzy

billsfaninvgs

QB's shouldn't look like Rip Van Winkle. The guy looks like a total slouch. I predict that on Sunday he'll play like one too. If I'm proved wrong, -fantastic! CAN'T WAIT.

What does his looks have to do with how he may or may not play?

If you think he is not very good thats ok it's the way you feel.

To drop comments on a person on how they look only goes to show some things

you figure them out!

I really dont care how he looks. I Care about his desire,heart an skill.

I've seen him throw some blocks an do other things that your top rated

players wouldn't even think of doing.

Last half of last year Fitz got better Hoping to see more this year.

There's no professional sports learning curve greater than that of becoming a winning, championship calibre NFL quarterback. There are many QBs who's curve was a long one, yet were able to have it click in and win their team a Superbowl. Kurt Warner and Drew Brees are just two off the top of my head that I could mention.

I suggest you go and compare Fitzpatrick's 2010 season to all the other ones. Fitzpatrick was clearly a different player. It was clear that "the light came on." So your pessimism seems somewhat unwarranted. I could see if he played like crap half the time then you'd have a good point. But he didn't. He kept them in nearly every game and this was without a defense, a running game, a tight end…ect.

Fitzpatrick now has to take the progressional next step and start beating good teams, beating rivals like the Jets and Pats. This is what I'm expecting him to do and if he can't do it then the Bills will no doubt be drafting a QB with their first pick next year.

Will there be a quality QB left with the 32nd pick tho? :thumbsup:

Interesting tidbit of information (sorry if it was already posted), but this is actually Fitz' second action on opening day. The first time was in 2007 with Cincinnati where Fitzpatrick (as backup QB) had to come in and hold, dropped the snap, and forced the Bengals to miss the extra point in a game against Baltimore.

Sorry. I didn't realize this was the "we love Fitz" post that didn't allow any opinions or statements that were not all overly positive. Give me a break. Fitz is in the NFL, not preschool. Tell it like it is. He is a career backup and deservedly so. Is it possible that he catches fire late in his career for a few years like Rich Gannon? Yes. Is it likely? No

Your comparisons to Warner and Brees are silly. Warner came out of nowhere. St Louis thought their season was going in the crapper when Green got hurt. Warner surprised everyone. He had not been a backup for several years like Fitz. And by the way, the Bills have nowhere near the talented team that St Louis had. And Brees was a better than Fitz from Day one of his career. The only reason he was traded from SD was the shoulder injury. At that point, nobody wanted him.

You're entitled to your opinion. Others are entitled to give you their reaction to your opinion.

This wasn't the "We love Fitz" thread, just a little thread wishing him well in his first opening day start. Love him or not, he IS the Bills starting QB as long as he survives.

As eball said, no need to piss on every thread and every shred of positivity.