NFL TV map, week 1

FluffHead

I hate it when they show the Bills in Albany!! It has a negative impact on my NFL Ticket cost per game.

You're really going to hate it this year. Here are my calculations based on competition with the Jets, Giants & Patriots:

9/11 @Kansas City: Yes! No competition

9/18 Oakland: No, Jets will be televised

9/25 New England: No, Ch 6 has 1 game & they'll take the Jets @4:05

10/2 @ Cincinnati: Yes! No competition

10/9 Philadelphia: No, Giants will be televised

10/16@Giants: Yes!

10/30 Washington (Toronto): Yes! No competition

11/6 Jets: Yes!

11/13 @Dallas: Yes! No competition

11/20 @Miami: Yes! No competition

11/27 @ Jets: Yes!

12/4 Tenessee: No, Jets will be televised

12/11 @ San Diego: Yes! No competition

12/18 @ Miami: Yes! No competition

12/24 Denver: Maybe, only competition is NE/Mia

1/1 @ New England: No, Jets will be televised

It looks like we'll get 10 or 11 games on home TV. Better yet, if you go to the home games like I do, the only sure road game that won't be on home TV is the last game @ NE. Obviously this is subject to change due to any flexing off of night games by the competition

I hate it when they show the Bills in Albany!! It has a negative impact on my NFL Ticket cost per game.

I don't understand, why would it impact your NFL Ticket? Don't they just black out the 'local' games and force you to watch them over your antenna?

I am psyched I'm getting the Bills this week on WRGB!!!!!

Go Bills!!!!!

I don't understand, why would it impact your NFL Ticket? Don't they just black out the 'local' games and force you to watch them over your antenna?

I am psyched I'm getting the Bills this week on WRGB!!!!!

Go Bills!!!!!

I think he is saying that as an Albany resident and bills fan who bought the ticket, the more the bills are on local tv, the less justification for paying for the ticket

Vinny,

Remember the good ole days when the Jets were only shown on TV when it didn't conflict with a Bills game?

Of course we were at the mercy of the Giants' AFC games, but other than that, almost all Bills games were

shown!!!!

Go Bills!!!!

You're really going to hate it this year. Here are my calculations based on competition with the Jets, Giants & Patriots:

9/11 @Kansas City: Yes! No competition

9/18 Oakland: No, Jets will be televised

9/25 New England: No, Ch 6 has 1 game & they'll take the Jets @4:05

10/2 @ Cincinnati: Yes! No competition

10/9 Philadelphia: No, Giants will be televised

10/16@Giants: Yes!

10/30 Washington (Toronto): Yes! No competition

11/6 Jets: Yes!

11/13 @Dallas: Yes! No competition

11/20 @Miami: Yes! No competition

11/27 @ Jets: Yes!

12/4 Tenessee: No, Jets will be televised

12/11 @ San Diego: Yes! No competition

12/18 @ Miami: Yes! No competition

12/24 Denver: Maybe, only competition is NE/Mia

1/1 @ New England: No, Jets will be televised

It looks like we'll get 10 or 11 games on home TV. Better yet, if you go to the home games like I do, the only sure road game that won't be on home TV is the last game @ NE. Obviously this is subject to change due to any flexing off of night games by the competition

Albany? Sorry, you're too far away to understand anything about the Buffalo Bills AND for that matter, the Syracuse Orange.

Buffalo Bills stuff doesn't sell there nor does SU.

I'm reviewing the sales numbers right now! It's almost ALL NY/NE. Especially in Saratoga. :angry:

I'm just south of saratoga. SU basketball has a rather large following. We still get every game on TWC sports channel. The bills are nowhere near as popular as SU

Marv Albert with the call for the Bills opener... YES!!!!!!

"Fitzpatrick....with the FACIAL!!! YES!!!"

I think he is saying that as an Albany resident and bills fan who bought the ticket, the more the bills are on local tv, the less justification for paying for the ticket

Bingo! As a Finance/Accounting major I like to maximize expenses!

This is why I cancelled the MLB package as a Red Sox fan in Albany I get Yanks and Mets. I was lucky to watch 2-3 games a week with the ticket and now with MLB network I can still see a couple of games a week when you add in TBS Sunday, Fox Saturday and ESPN.

But I will never cancel NFL package I enjoy being able to watch any game I want each week.

I also have season tickets and make about 4 games per year.

Edited by Vinny4sum

I'm just south of saratoga. SU basketball has a rather large following. We still get every game on TWC sports channel. The bills are nowhere near as popular as SU.

Our Bills merchandise line doesn't sell at all in Albany-Saratoga! SU Orange sales, despite our push, are so-so.

Giants/Jets/Pats/Mets/Yankees/Red Sox stuff sell quite well there.

Worse, my Giants/Jets fans coworkers in Albany no longer talk to me about the Buffalo Bills. They used to say how horrible the Bills are, then they started saying that the Bills were moving. Now they don't say anything.

Our Bills merchandise line doesn't sell at all in Albany-Saratoga! SU Orange sales, despite our push, are so-so.

Giants/Jets/Pats/Mets/Yankees/Red Sox stuff sell quite well there.

Worse, my Giants/Jets fans coworkers in Albany no longer talk to me about the Buffalo Bills. They used to say how horrible the Bills are, then they started saying that the Bills were moving. Now they don't say anything.

What type of merchandise are you referring to? What about Sabres gear? I am seeing more and more Sabres fans popping up in this area. I also feel that there is still a sizeable contingent of Bills fans around. When the Bills start improving, I would certainly bring Bills merchandise back. The "fair weather" fans will come out of their holes and need to stock up on new Bills gear.

What type of merchandise are you referring to? What about Sabres gear? I am seeing more and more Sabres fans popping up in this area. I also feel that there is still a sizeable contingent of Bills fans around. When the Bills start improving, I would certainly bring Bills merchandise back. The "fair weather" fans will come out of their holes and need to stock up on new Bills gear.

We were told by the NHL that Albany is considered Buffalo Sabres territory but we don't sell any Sabres merchandise in Albany at all.

I believe that my Giants & Jets fans coworkers in Albany-Saratoga don't talk to me about the Bills anymore because they are convinced that the Bills are leaving Buffalo-WNY.

I finally, honestly think that they're right. :cry:

That's why I follow the SU Orange football team, as a backup.

We were told by the NHL that Albany is considered Buffalo Sabres territory but we don't sell any Sabres merchandise in Albany at all.

I believe that my Giants & Jets fans coworkers in Albany-Saratoga don't talk to me about the Bills anymore because they are convinced that the Bills are leaving Buffalo-WNY.

I finally, honestly think that they're right. :cry:

That's why I follow the SU Orange football team, as a backup.

Off the top of my head, I can think of five NHL teams that are closer to Albany than Buffalo is. Maybe Boston makes it six.

Off the top of my head, I can think of five NHL teams that are closer to Albany than Buffalo is. Maybe Boston makes it six.

The NHL knows that the Sabres are in a small market so six years ago they stretched the "territory" to Albany.

So, what does that tell us about the Buffalo Bills?

I'm telling ya', some rich billionaire is gonna come to Orchard Park some day and drop a bundle of dough on the table the the Buffalo Bills will be history.

Too many losing seasons. :angry: