Bills Daily Depth Chart - Corners

San-O

I actually think the secondary is not quite as good as some think - Leodis has a lot to prove. They just weren't exposed too much last year because there was a piece of swiss cheese trying to stop the run.

I agree 100 %, and expect much the same type of production from the secoundary as we saqw from the run defense last season.

Teams will be forced to throw more, which isn't a good thing for ths Bills. This secondary could be at the bottom of the league in stats when the season is over.

:cry:

I agree 100 %, and expect much the same type of production from the secoundary as we saqw from the run defense last season.

Teams will be forced to throw more, which isn't a good thing for ths Bills. This secondary could be at the bottom of the league in stats when the season is over.

:cry:

And somewhere, Bill from NYC's head is about to explode...

And somewhere, Bill from NYC's head is about to explode...

:D Right. But I mean, if you are building a team or defense in this example, start with the big boys up front

and on the edges. They will get some sacks also, but start up front: I love a big nasty D line.

Is this a mistake? Has MvLuvin been promoted?

Why sign Florence and also draft Williams?

BTW: I think MvLuvin is a mistake waiting to happen every time he's on the field. Toast.

:unsure:

That is what bb.com showed yesterday as well. McCorner #1.

As to your third question, Bill from NYC will tell you that you can never have enough corners. :devil:

Teams will be forced to throw more, which isn't a good thing for ths Bills. This secondary could be at the bottom of the league in stats when the season is over. :cry:

Which means that they'll address the DBs with another 4-5 high picks next draft.

O-line might be considered in 2013.

So let me get this straight......last year everyone in the media and on here was saying that our DB's were the strength of the defense and that our front 7 sucked.

Now, that our front 7 appears to be the strength of the D, the DB's, which virtually hasn't changed with the exception of adding one of the top DB talents available and getting rid of everyone's whipping boy, that sucked, is somehow worse off?

I just don't get you people. Please make up your mind.

Yes, McLovin is a possible handicap if he is returning kickoffs against the Pats on the road in the last minutes of a game, but he is a pretty decent talent on the corner covering some of the top receivers in the league. Couple that with Florence on the slot receiver and a pretty good pass rush from a greatly improved front 7 and all you haters out there will be partying on McLovins lawn instead of trashing it.

No, some here were hyping the secondary cause they read it was ranked pretty well stat wise. In reality, it was always an average group at best.

With the addition of Williams though, the group has the potential to be slightly above average and a little tougher. I think we can win with the group, but I wouldn't mind one more higher draft pick added to the front 7, someone with good pass rush ability.

I honestly think McKelvin has just had some bad breaks and us fans have honed right in and found every single flaw imaginable with him. He's got talent and he just needs to focus on his game without worrying about someone messing with his home. You guys do realize how messed up going to his home and vandalizing his lawn was, right? That's his home, you know, the place where not only he lives but his family.

We need to back off a bit and just give the guy a chance.

I honestly think McKelvin has just had some bad breaks and us fans have honed right in and found every single flaw imaginable with him. He's got talent and he just needs to focus on his game without worrying about someone messing with his home. You guys do realize how messed up going to his home and vandalizing his lawn was, right? That's his home, you know, the place where not only he lives but his family.

We need to back off a bit and just give the guy a chance.

+1

Sanity. It's a wonderful thing.

While I like the Williams pick, would have loved DaQuan Bowers! I believe he would have really finished off the front 7 and we could have gone for another CB in free agency. Oh well, we'll see how Bowers knees holds up long term, but word out of Tampa is he is healthy and lookin good.

I actually think the secondary is not quite as good as some think - Leodis has a lot to prove. They just weren't exposed too much last year because there was a piece of swiss cheese trying to stop the run.

Two years ago, before teams realized they could run on the Bills all day, they were 2nd in yards allowed and 2nd in INTs (which if you want to make an argument that teams didn't pass on them, well, that's even more impressive then). And they have done well with a minimal pass rush. This team isn't significantly different so if Merriman and company get the QB pressure they likely will, this secondary could be a nightmare for opposing QBs. If memory serves, Brady had his worst game of the year against the Bills. Hopefully, we can make it the two worst this year.

Is this a mistake? Has MvLuvin been promoted?

Why sign Florence and also draft Williams?

BTW: I think MvLuvin is a mistake waiting to happen every time he's on the field. Toast.

:unsure:

To a man who watched the replays on nfl.com a couple of times, drayton florence seemed to be victimized more then Mckelvin. And we play against Tom Brady twice a year.. Its a passing league... A lot of good corners is necessary.

I guess I'm just insane, I think all of our DBs are pretty talented...

Agreed, and have been for years... We've always had great depth there.. Our old #3 is still a stud in New Orleans (greer).

I'm really looking forward to watching Aaron Williams develop.

While I like the Williams pick, would have loved DaQuan Bowers! I believe he would have really finished off the front 7 and we could have gone for another CB in free agency. Oh well, we'll see how Bowers knees holds up long term, but word out of Tampa is he is healthy and lookin good.

Absoutely agree. Could have turned a weakness in to a top 5 DL for the next several years.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY