Happy Birthday Freddie Mercury

DC Tom

"FREDDDDD-IE!....FREDDDD-IE!....FREDDDD-IE!"

Speaking of Freddie Mercury, is there anyone else who thinks the Flash Gordon song by Queen is really badass? I saw that movie when it was out in the theaters, and every time I hear that song I get super-nostalgic about how rockin' that movie was for a kid to see on the big screen. Then you have "Who Wants to Live Forever" from the Highlander film...just awesome stuff.

Here it is. He was already going blind when it was filmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWMqyzvfU_Q

Wow...looks like that's off the Innuendo album...I need to pick that one up, cause I think it's the only hole in my Queen collection. Actually, I don't think I have Miracle either...anyway, thanks for posting that!

"FREDDDDD-IE!....FREDDDD-IE!....FREDDDD-IE!"

Speaking of Freddie Mercury, is there anyone else who thinks the Flash Gordon song by Queen is really badass? I saw that movie when it was out in the theaters, and every time I hear that song I get super-nostalgic about how rockin' that movie was for a kid to see on the big screen. Then you have "Who Wants to Live Forever" from the Highlander film...just awesome stuff.

FLASH! AH-AH!

Its funny, a friend of mine just yesterday was talking about that exact same thing, and made me look up the video on youtube. I promptly had the song stuck in my head all night. Now, it's back. Thanks, bro.

Wow...looks like that's off the Innuendo album...I need to pick that one up, cause I think it's the only hole in my Queen collection. Actually, I don't think I have Miracle either...anyway, thanks for posting that!

Innuendo is a very good album. It's kind-of eerie listening to it, knowing it's effectively a dead man writing his own epitaph.

Appropriately, the album ends with "The Show Must Go On". Also interesting about that song...Mercury was so sick they were afraid he couldn't sing the vocals (hell, he could barely walk at the time). Mercury downed a shot of vodka, told Brian May "Let's !@#$ing do it, darling," and belted out the whole song in one take.

Freddie Mercury was one hellaciously good singer.

Innuendo is a very good album. It's kind-of eerie listening to it, knowing it's effectively a dead man writing his own epitaph.

Appropriately, the album ends with "The Show Must Go On". Also interesting about that song...Mercury was so sick they were afraid he couldn't sing the vocals (hell, he could barely walk at the time). Mercury downed a shot of vodka, told Brian May "Let's !@#$ing do it, darling," and belted out the whole song in one take.

Freddie Mercury was one hellaciously good singer.

wow...I'm really looking forward to hearing the album...I just ordered it off Amazon so should be here soon...I can see how it would be a bit eerie...almost like having a vigil or sorts.

Do you know much about the movie that is being made about his life? Apparently Sacha Baron Cohen is in the role of Mercury, and it's supposed to be shooting late this year, but that's the most I've heard about it. The more I learn about the guy (Freddie, not Sacha) the more interesting he becomes.

FLASH! AH-AH!

Its funny, a friend of mine just yesterday was talking about that exact same thing, and made me look up the video on youtube. I promptly had the song stuck in my head all night. Now, it's back. Thanks, bro.

ha, yeah it tends to stay on my brain for a day or three, too :thumbsup: