Cut most shocking to you

Not surprised about Hangartner getting let go. His injury last season finally gave them an excuse to play Wood at center and get some return from a former first round pick who had been playing the least important OL position, RG.

Time will tell if this is the right decision, but I'm not a big fan of the backup center being their starting LG. The Vikings game last year demonstrated a team should have a versatile veteran who can man all three interior spots. The Bills don't have that with GH's release, but the move saves some money so it will provide a benefit to the powers that be.

The hang man was getting blown up by Detroit's 2nd stringers. I wasn't surprized to see him let go. Same with Wrotto, he was abused in that game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Hall was not released he was put on IR, out for the season but still on the Bills.

Thigpen, regardless of his pre-season play, is 10x the NFL QB that Levi Brown is at this stage. It's not even close.

thanks for the clarification on bruce hall. i knew about the injured reserve, just didnt put 2 and 2. thanks

However regarding thigpen. in 2011 levi brown is better for the bills. im pretty sure a lot of bills fans will agree with me.

since we are discussing qbs. fitz>Hamdan>levis>thigpen I was always impressed with hamdan..... dont know why we didnt keep him.

The hang man was getting blown up by Detroit's 2nd stringers. I wasn't surprized to see him let go. Same with Wrotto, he was abused in that game.

i rememner this very clearly. im so glad they got rid of him.

Hangman. The Bills need OL depth... I don't care if he's mediocre, we need any depth that isn't "horrific".

It can be looked at one of three ways...

1. Wilson and his henchmen are always looking at the bottom line.

2. Nix is in love with Andrew Luck and is already taking preemptive strikes to make sure he ends up a Bill.

3. The coaches who are in on the decision making of which OL to keep, need to be put in straight jackets.

Anyone else who can come up with a different reason why this is our opening day roster of OL, feel free...

Bell

Levitre

Urbik

Pears

Wood

Rinehart

Brown

:sick:

For me, that would be Hangartner. He can play center, he can play guard. Center is the lynchpin of the offense, if Wood goes down isn't it "death of the Bills News at 11" or at least "Death of FItzpatrick News at 11"?

Most disappointing to me, Ruvell Martin over Naaman Roosevelt. Yeah, he's got experience, 6 years and 4 teams doesn't seem like he's got much of a ceiling plus, from what I've seen his hands could be better.

I thought Naaman showed he could play, and I thought for a 6 year vet Martin could play better.

Or (being honest) maybe I'm just ticked he walked in and was issued Andre' Reed's number. Bills really ought to retire that number IMHO.

Yeah, the Hangartner cut shocked me the most. They must really believe in their O-Line. They really haven't invested anything in it. If anything it's weaker then last years team. I see this as a glaring whole. I can't see how Coach Gailey believes cutting Hangartner is good for his team, when there is no one even close to backing up Wood.

Yeah, the Hangartner cut shocked me the most. They must really believe in their O-Line. They really haven't invested anything in it. If anything it's weaker then last years team. I see this as a glaring whole. I can't see how Coach Gailey believes cutting Hangartner is good for his team, when there is no one even close to backing up Wood.

A lot of people seem to share this opinion, and I just don't get it.

Bell -- a year more experienced and stronger.

Levitre -- a year more experienced, and already considered one of the best linemen on the roster.

Wood -- playing his natural position, and a year stronger after finally being able to work out.

Urbik -- former 3rd round draft pick; bit of an unknown but hasn't played poorly.

Pears -- huge upgrade over anyone that played RT for the Bills last season; also has had a good preseason.

How can one use the phrase "if anything it's weaker than last year's team" and keep a straight face? I understand this OL has to be statistically ranked, at this point, in the bottom half of the league, but it's certainly plausible they aren't the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Did anybody notice the Iggles are starting two rookies on their OL? Baltimore is signing anyone with a pulse, they're so desperate.

For those who still "can't understand" why the Bills haven't gone out and upgraded the OL, I'll say it again -- you can't fix everything in a year and a half. The defense was ATROCIOUS last year, and look at what sort of a front seven we'll be trotting out this season. It's night and day.

Hangartner was a "serviceable" center, but he's a terrible guard. Keeping him to back up Wood wasn't worth losing another roster spot. It's pretty freaking simple.

A lot of people seem to share this opinion, and I just don't get it.

Bell -- a year more experienced and stronger.

Levitre -- a year more experienced, and already considered one of the best linemen on the roster.

Wood -- playing his natural position, and a year stronger after finally being able to work out.

Urbik -- former 3rd round draft pick; bit of an unknown but hasn't played poorly.

Pears -- huge upgrade over anyone that played RT for the Bills last season; also has had a good preseason.

How can one use the phrase "if anything it's weaker than last year's team" and keep a straight face?

Here's another reason the Bills O-line will likely be better this year: they have a bunch of young O-linemen who are going into their 2nd season together in the same scheme.

Hard to imagine them getting worse, either collectively or as individuals.

However to those people insisting that the Bills O-line got worse, by all means feel however you want.

Far be it for others to tell you what your opinion should be, regardless of whether it actually has any factual basis.