• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why????

169129[/snapback]

You asked.

Seriously I am no fan of Chrysler at all. Ive had some friends who own Dodge/Chrysler (Not the 300) and have had nothing but problems and have had to fight Chrysler tooth and nail on the warranties.

If you're referring to the original model from the late 50s early 60s, I'd give a thumbs up. Although I'm not particularly familiar w/ them, from what I've read, they're a very nice meld between luxury & performance (for the time) along w/ great looks. Truly a classic.

If you're referring to the models that are currently made, I wasn't too impressed. I test drove one a few years ago & it's drivetrain reminded me of an overstressed K-car. For that sort of money, (I thought it was like $30k), you'd expect more.

If you're referring to the models that are currently made, I wasn't too impressed. I test drove one a few years ago & it's drivetrain reminded me of an overstressed K-car.  For that sort of money, (I thought it was like $30k), you'd expect more.

169174[/snapback]

that's the 300M... The 300 is new for this year.

It certainly looks good.  Of course, I'm not a woman so I don't buy a car based on that.  Since it's a Chrysler, I'd avoid it like an "underwear optional" party at T-Bone's house.

169147[/snapback]

well, are you saying styling doesn't matter at all? Surely it plays a part....

These have a lot of Benz technology in them. I'm not an MAerican car person myslef, but I applaud Chrysler for trying new designs.

You asked.

Seriously I am no fan of Chrysler at all. Ive had some friends who own Dodge/Chrysler (Not the 300) and have had nothing but problems and have had to fight Chrysler tooth and nail on the warranties.

169144[/snapback]

So true stay away from Chrysler. My wife got the PT Dream Cruiser and the extended warranty. They gave me such a hard time repairing a faulty ball joint at about 20 thou. Plus this POS gets damm awful gas mileage. Lease is up in March and we are dumping it. IM not going to go thru the hassle of fighting with these jokers everytime something under warrenty needs to be fixed. That wasn't the only problem we had, just the worst. This was our first and will be our last time dealing with Chrysler.

So true stay away from Chrysler. My wife got the PT Dream Cruiser and the extended warranty. They gave me such a hard time repairing a faulty ball joint at about 20 thou. Plus this POS gets damm awful gas mileage. Lease is up in March and we are dumping it. IM not going to go thru the hassle of fighting with these jokers everytime something under warrenty needs to be fixed. That wasn't the only problem we had, just the worst. This was our first and will be our last time dealing with Chrysler.

169198[/snapback]

my saving grace is that my former neighbor is head of the mid-Atlantic Sales division and all the dealers in the area jump to the moon when he talks.

my saving grace is that my former neighbor is head of the mid-Atlantic Sales division and all the dealers in the area jump to the moon when he talks.

169203[/snapback]

So you're getting his discount right? :)

At least he can use his pull to get you to the front of the repair service line.

The New 300 is entiriely Mercedes Designed and engineered. The engine will run forever and it looks tight. The Chrysler of 2 years ago is not the "DAIMLER(MERCEDES) CHRYSLER" of today. They are the top domestic cars made today from a quality and luxury standpoint.

GO FOR IT

well, are you saying styling doesn't matter at all?  Surely it plays a part....

These have a lot of Benz technology in them.  I'm not an MAerican car person myslef, but I applaud Chrysler for trying new designs.

169191[/snapback]

No, it certainly plays a part. They could make the greatest engineered autmobile ever and put the Pontiac Aztec on top of it and I'd never buy it.

However, if I were considering a vehicle in that range it'd be a C-class Mercedes, Toyota Avalon, or Lexus ES330. They're got a much stronger reputation for quality and they'll cost you less over the long term.