Clemson tradition continues

With Chris Hairston and Spiller recently drafted out of Clemson the Bills select QB Chad Kelly in the 2016 draft who has committed to Clemson. At 6'3" 215 he is sure to grow some more to hopefully 6'4-5" 250 and he can already throw the ball 70 yards so I can't wait to see what he does in the pros. 2016 would be the end of his junior year and I think with three good seasons he comes out early if not 2017 at which point Fitz will be 33-4 and with 3 years of learning behind the bearded one, who then will be 36-7, Chad will then be set to become the next Kelly to lead our team into multiple superbowls.

"We got outside and this kid threw a 70-yard pass right after school. I was like, 'Ohhh, that's Chad Kelly.'"

But you don't get recruited by the best in the nation, you don't lead your team to a 7-on-7 title at a national recruiting showcase, and you don't get named one of ESPN's "Elite 11" quarterbacks in the Class of 2012 just because you can punt, pass and kick it the farthest.

"His presnap [read] is phenomenal," said Gilbert. "He's driving the bus before the ball is snapped, for sure. ... He knows where the open guy should be. There's an adjustment, maybe there's a blitz, or they drop someone into coverage. He can make that on the fly. And when he doesn't see it, he doesn't wait on it, it's boom, he goes. He doesn't hesitate. He trusts his instinct because he's confident in his ability."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/high-schools/article541012.ece

What is the point of this?

Huge puff piece on a local kid with family ties to a HOFer, projecting flaming fantasies of destined greatness driven by his genetic inheritance and hyper-intensive grooming at the hands of family and a slick professional promotion machine.

That's quite a lot for a HS player to be on top of. Hope he does well at Clemson. Hope he doesn't do as well with the Pats* when they draft him with our #1 pick in 2016 which our new GM traded in 2015 for a 32 year old Wes Welker.

Could you imagine how hard the town would fall in love with this kid if he turned out to be a draft worthy player and came to Buffalo?

well, seems like half of the Sabres fans hate Kaleta, so I'm not sure that they'd love Kelly if he came here.

so.... we're not getting Luck?

Nope, Fitz is the future. As smart as he is I think he was using this to get by and not work on his weaknesses which he did this spring when he realized this was his team now and got his butt in the gym. Now he has the arm strength (and mind)to be a great NFL QB as has been evidenced by his overthrow of SJ in the Detroit game and his overall crispness with ball and lack of crazy passes that he had last year.