Jahvid Best vs. CJ Spiller

ohioandy

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have on your team?

• Jahvid Best
    • CJ Spiller

I say spiller, mostly because of injury concerns with best. I think our oline sucks, and FJ can at times make them look better than they are. Spiller works the opposite way, and it really reflects on him. He needs to hit the hole hard and get positive plays up the middle. Playcalling with spiller can be a little bit easy to read too, its clear when hes out there in the backfield that hes not blocking, and hes probably not running it up the middle. So counters and draws dont seem as effective, while a straight run up the middle might be more productive. My hope is that they dont just reggie bush decoy him, and actually set him up to succeed. Starts at the line though, and as of right now theyve set him up to fail.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that Gailey handed the starting job to Spiller but he could not handle it, right?

I think he lost it in the first quarter of that Miami game?

So far, Spiller has done nothing to warrant the 9th pick in the draft--honestly, not any pick. I hope he figures it out this year, but do you realize we're starting to talk about him with the same words we used for Arron Maybin in his second year: potential, figure it out, speed but no playing savvy, undersized, high pick--low results, etc.

If Spiller doesn't produce soon, and at apro-bowl type numbers, he could very quickly surpass Maybin as the Bills all time worst #1 pick. It is not supposed to be this hard for running backs. RBs taken this early in the draft need to produce soon--soon and very soon. There are too many people out there that can do what they do (certainly what Spiller did), especially if it's not spectacular.

Edited by CSBill

I think he lost it in the first quarter of that Miami game?

So far, Spiller has done nothing to warrant the 9th pick in the draft--honestly, not any pick. I hope he figures it out this year, but do you realize we're starting to talk about him with the same words we used for Arron Maybin in his second year: potential, figure it out, speed but no playing savvy, undersized, high pick--low results, etc.

If Spiller doesn't produce soon, and at apro-bowl type numbers, he could very quickly surpass Maybin as the Bills all time worst #1 pick. It is not supposed to be this hard for running backs. RBs taken this early in the draft need to produce soon--soon and very soon. There are too many people out there that can do what they do (certainly what Spiller did), especially if it's not spectacular.

It is just too soon to talk like this....

In the game last night (starters against starters) CJ ripped off a 27 yard run.....then had a couple of screens get sniffed out.

This is what you are going to get him him.....that is why they drafted him.....he needs to learn to be more patient and let his blocking develop....but he is FAR from a bust

Read my post above junior.

Any RB that is taken in the top 10 should be able to get on the field more than Spiller did.

I did grandpa. If you can't block and pick up the blitz you aren't getting on the field much. Spiller is a speed back that needs an actual hole to run through. Something our line hasn't been great at opening. I have always said Fred Jackson is really good at cutting back and taking what is there even if it is 2 yds. Spiller has the same problem all these super fast guys with good offensive lines in college have. The pro game isn't about gaping holes and gallops to the end zone every other play. (exaggeration). He'll get it. I don't drink the Kool Aide but how about we don't call the kid a bust until he actually has a chance?

How about that chicken little or do you want to keep saying the sky is falling?

Edited by PDaDdy

Best is 1000x better player but the repeated concussions scare me.

Scare you, wow!! I hope your not too scared. You should give him a call and check on him, just see how's doing, you know... BTW, are you a Bills fan or just confused as to what site your on or heck, who Best plays for. I might be able to send you a link to the Lions homepage, you know the team that Ja "injury to my head" Best "of the rest" plays for.