Jahvid Best vs. CJ Spiller

ohioandy

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have on your team?

• Jahvid Best
    • CJ Spiller

Actually....I find your posts to be beyond pathetic and almost borderline on trolling....at no point have you ever made a case about anything you are just a venom spewer on this board.

When teams draft.....bring in free agents......bring in undrafted guys.....however they are brought in....draft status and where they came from go completely out the window. I present to you that Jackson could be a starting running back on several teams in the league and has outplayed EVERY running back that we have brought in to compete with him....instead of bitching about Spiller commend Fred for being the player he is.

They are totally different players anyway....and Spiller is going to prove his worth this year.

Actually I've made plenty of points. You just need to open your eyes and read what I say which you probably refuse to do. But thats your ignorance and not my fault that you pick and choose to read what I write.

So untrue. You do realize that players who are drafted earlier get paid more money right? Not sure if you realized that. If you're putting in all that money into a player, then you're going to do everything in your power to get the most out of that player. Meaning give him every opportunity to get on the field and make an impact. You're argument makes sense if he was drafted later in the 1st round, 2nd rond or mid rounds but not the case for someone who's making that much dough.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I've made plenty of points. You just need to open your eyes and read what I say which you probably refuse to do. But thats your ignorance and not my fault that you pick and choose to read what I write.

So untrue. You do realize that players who are drafted earlier get paid more money right? Not sure if you realized that. If you're putting in all that money into a player, then you're going to do everything in your power to get the most out of that player. Meaning give him every opportunity to get on the field and make an impact. You're argument makes sense if he was drafted later in the 1st round, 2nd rond or mid rounds but not the case for someone who's making that much dough.

I didnt realize the money came out of your pocket to pay the players.....from OUR point of view (the fans of which you are are obviously not) when players are on the team the score is 0 to 0....and if the undrafted guy outplays the number 1 pick then he plays.....

Not that this is really even a arguement.....you are trying to say that we should want a concussion prone running back over a player who has not hit his ceiling yet.....you do realize that once a player like a running back takes multiple concussions they are much more prone to have more? I realize that explaining this is lost on you.

You dont make any points....in your own mind you do but not to anyone else. I am wondering if CJ plays up to his talent level this year are you gonna shut up or just find something else to B word about.....whiner

This is a retarded argument. No one knows with anything resembling certainty what will unfold in the future concerning these two backs.

That's SOOOOO untrue rock. Haven't you read DreReed83s posts? They are littered with facts and stats that most definitely prove that best is better than spiller. Actually he's 4x's the back spiller is. The problem is, you have to wear special glasses in order to decode the knowledge he is bestowing on us. The bigger problem is, DreRees83 has the only pair. And he lives in a cave.

That's SOOOOO untrue rock. Haven't you read DreReed83s posts? They are littered with facts and stats that most definitely prove that best is better than spiller. Actually he's 4x's the back spiller is. The problem is, you have to wear special glasses in order to decode the knowledge he is bestowing on us. The bigger problem is, DreRees83 has the only pair. And he lives in a cave.

Interesting bit of information, thanks for sharing troll. lol.

It's all in the playing time and stats that Best is a better back than Spiller. If a RB rushes for 200 yds in a season, is he better than a RB that rushes for 1600? Yes. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

EDITED: Forgot to include my face..

Edited by DreReed83

Interesting bit of information, thanks for sharing troll. lol.

It's all in the playing time and stats that Best is a better back than Spiller. If a RB rushes for 200 yds in a season, is he better than a RB that rushes for 1600? Yes. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

EDITED: Forgot to include my face..

Exactly. In 2005, you were saying Alex Smith is 200x the qb Aaron Rodgers was. Thurman Thomas is obviously a better back than Barry Sanders. He started over him in college. Look at their stats thurmans last year of college.

Edited by NewEra

Exactly. In 2005, you were saying Alex Smith is 200x the qb Aaron Rodgers was. Thurman Thomas is obviously a better back than Barry Sanders. He started over him in college. Look at their stats thurmans last year of college.

QB's are whole different story. The learning curve is different from a RB and QB. QB is the hardest position to play in this sport so I'd understand if he was a QB.

College football is run a bit differently than pro's. Hate to tell u.

Alex Smith threw more passes than Aaron Rodgers (who was sitting on the bench btw). Your thought process is clogged. With troll hair

QB has a bigger learning curve so I understand if he rides the bench. I thought someone like u would understand that. :rolleyes:

RBs and LBs should be making IMMEDIATE impacts if you're taken top 10. no excuses about it because they're the most instinct driven positions. QB, there are so many things to learn so it'll take longer.

But obviously Johnny Hemet isn't going to read this part due to his ignorance.

And you really comparing Alex Smith to Rodgers? Ignorance.

Edited by DreReed83

And the fact that a RB taken in the top 10 can't unseat an undrafted RB from Coe College makes it even more pathetic. Thanks for making another case for me. :thumbsup:

A half healthy Best is better than a fully healthy Spiller. And that's pathetic. :nana:

Where we got FJ has ZERO relevance to how good he is on the field. So, this is a pointless point...

You do realize that we have a 1000 yard rusher on the team with Spiller right? And that Best is the main back?

best isnt the main back.

But my guess is the Bills player is going to ebat the non bills player by a 4/1 margin in almost every pole you put out there.

If Spiller were any good, he would get playing time and carries. He is Gailey's hand picked boy. Gailey wants him to succeed but so far he has not shown the ability to play in the NFL, thus he is not getting carries. Best has been getting carries because he has made plays when he was given the chance. If he did not, Detroir would have picked up someone else who could. We have Freddy who is decent. He will continue to get the carries until Spiller outplays him. I personally don't expect that to happen anytime soon. In my opinion Spiller would not have the success in Detroit that Best has had. Best appears to be a better runner. But that is simply my opinion.

Actually they are pretty equivalent backs the problem is one was taken with the #10 overall pick- let me put it this way, I didn't like the pick and at the time I thought that Spiller was going to much much better than he has been up to this point- Recently signed Chris Johnson who had one of the best years any RB got his team to 8-8 during that year- it's a passing league and while you need a competent RB the RB isn't the difference maker( where is Adrian Peterson? exactly) quality at QB, Oline and WR is much more important- Fred Jackson not Chris Johnson is the perfect back for a winning team- a versatile guy who can get tough yards and can contribute in the passing game as a receiver or as a pass blocker.

QB's are whole different story. The learning curve is different from a RB and QB. QB is the hardest position to play in this sport so I'd understand if he was a QB.

College football is run a bit differently than pro's. Hate to tell u.

QB has a bigger learning curve so I understand if he rides the bench. I thought someone like u would understand that. :rolleyes:

RBs and LBs should be making IMMEDIATE impacts if you're taken top 10. no excuses about it because they're the most instinct driven positions. QB, there are so many things to learn so it'll take longer.

But obviously Johnny Hemet isn't going to read this part due to his ignorance.

And you really comparing Alex Smith to Rodgers? Ignorance.

You compared smith to rodgers by saying the better player is the player that's playing. Yes qb has a higher learning curve than RB. You are finally correct about something. But you fail to realize that RBs still have a learning curve and teams do have a depth chart. And it's possible that a player can be drafted in the top 10 and still not be the teams best at his position. Before last season, based on your presumptions, Kevin Smith (you know who he is yet?) is a much better RB than Arian Foster. Smith had 900+ yards his rookie year and 700+ his second season, while foster had under 300 in his rookie year. I mean, the learning curve for RBs is much lower and the depth chart doesn't mean anything....so it's obvious that the guy who played more and got more carries is the better back. According to your theory, prior to last year, foster was 1/4 the back smith was.

My point: after one season, you have no idea who the better back is. One thing we do know is, Best is a little guy, with BIG injury concerns. Which is why the answer should be "spiller, and it's not even close". I'm done with this thread. Good luck John.

best isnt the main back.

But my guess is the Bills player is going to ebat the non bills player by a 4/1 margin in almost every pole you put out there.

I thought I was done with this thread....

Who was the main back? Kevin Smith? Lol

If Spiller were any good, he would get playing time and carries. He is Gailey's hand picked boy. Gailey wants him to succeed but so far he has not shown the ability to play in the NFL, thus he is not getting carries. Best has been getting carries because he has made plays when he was given the chance. If he did not, Detroir would have picked up someone else who could. We have Freddy who is decent. He will continue to get the carries until Spiller outplays him. I personally don't expect that to happen anytime soon. In my opinion Spiller would not have the success in Detroit that Best has had. Best appears to be a better runner. But that is simply my opinion.

"if he did not, Detroit wouldve picked up someone who could"....AND THEY DRAFTED A RB IN THE 2ND ROUND. hello MCFLY! Wow, talk about clueless.

Too early to tell. This will be the year where we can finally address whether Spiller is a bust or not.

This is such a non issue right now.....

Look....Spiller did not have the rookie year that we hoped he would.....for a combonation of reasons....the MAIN reason is because he needed to work on his blitz pickup.....had he not been such a liability he would have been on the field a lot more....

BUT

You dont make comparisons in a vaccuum.....Best showed more in his first season because he was on the field more....and he made the most out of it....THIS DOES NOT MEAN HE IS THE BETTER BACK....he means that he was the better back last year.....things happen....players work on weaknesses....OC's change up their schemes to feature their potential stars better in the offseason.......

If at some point this year White is taking carries away from CJ spiller then talk to me....CJ is a threat to take it to the house each and every time he touches the ball.....he works into Gailey's receiving scheme perfectly.......lets see what happens this season.

And the fact that a RB taken in the top 10 can't unseat an undrafted RB from Coe College makes it even more pathetic. Thanks for making another case for me. :thumbsup:

A half healthy Best is better than a fully healthy Spiller. And that's pathetic. :nana:

thats an awful, awful point. if you can't see the skewed logic in that, well, god help you. who gives a flying !@#$ when someone was drafted or where they went to college.