Are we suddently strong at LB???

I can't say we're suddenly strong at LB until I see some regular season results.

I AM confident, however, that LB is NOT the worst position on our team anymore. It was last year. Worse than the OL. Worse than the DL. It is difficult to play LB as bad as we played it last season. Even a modicum of improvement would be a HUGE improvement.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, Dave Wannstedt(ILB Coach) knows nothing about personnel and who should be playing where. What is he thinking?!?!

Fair question. They let Maybin compete at OLB and didn't move him to safety. Moats outplayed Maybin last year. Maybin sucked and they cut him. That's how it works. Moats should have been given the same opportunity. We'll never know about Moats because he never had the opporrunity.

Fair question. They let Maybin compete at OLB and didn't move him to safety. Moats outplayed Maybin last year. Maybin sucked and they cut him. That's how it works. Moats should have been given the same opportunity. We'll never know about Moats because he never had the opporrunity.

I don't know. He played in 15 games and started 4 last season as a rookie. That's a pretty good opportunity. He's injured right now so I don't know how he can be getting any additional opportunities at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

Strong not quite. We are still starting Kelsay and I don't see much depth at OLB. Signing Morrison and the drafting of Sheppard (Along with getting Barnett to replace Poz) gives us depth at MLB although the core is far from elite.

At OLB we have Merriman who is a HUGE health question mark BUT has stud potential when healthy. Then we have Kelsay who is a 4-3 DE and a terrible OLB. Then there is Batten is a guy with nice potential but still a question mark, Moats (Who will be an OLB if he makes the roster) who is the same as Batten, and another young gun in Coleman who screams potential but far from a guy you can count on.

So basically we have a competent deep 3-4 MLB set up and a very shaky OLB core (That gets a lot more reliable if Merriman is healthy). Strong far from it but we aren't running a joke of a LB core out there like we were last year.

We certainly are pretty strong at inside LB- Barnett and Morrison after a week or two replacing Andra Davis who gives you good depth then there is Sheppard along with Moats. Not sure why some are high on White as well

Outside not loaded Merriman looks great, Kelsay stinks but I've liked Coleman and Batten looks like he can generate a pass rush. Compared to last year you would almost call us loaded - Merriman and Barnett are 2 of the 4 that a good start, just get Kels out of there.