An Inconvenient Schedule

It becomes increasingly amazing to me that we have put such dolts in charge of our country.

President returns from vacation and asks both houses of Congress to convene for a joint session on the same day and time of the GOP Presidential Debate. Now, I'll grant that these debates probably don't draw big, but it takes a special kind of idiot to request a joint session of Congress on the date of a presidential debate. It can only mean a couple of things:

(1) You're trying to overshadow the GOP debate, which makes sense because when your poll numbers are in the toilet, it's a good idea to divert people's attention from the group of people talking about how much you suck as president.

(2) The WH is being honest and they simply didn't realize that the GOP debate was at the precise day and time he wants to address the country, in which case you have to admit that's pretty much an embarrassing level of incompetence. You're telling us NO ONE in the WH in charge of scheduling knew this was the night of GOP debate? Can you possibly get more incompetent?

Here's the best part though: according to The Hill, since the debate has been on the schedule forever, Boehner has kindly asked the president if he can just wait an extra day to address the joint session. Seems like a simple thing, right? Except do you really think the a president who is less popular than Charlie Sheen wants to address Congress at the same moment that the NFL opens the season with New Orleans vs. Green Bay in Lambeau? Of course not. Despite all evidence to the contrary, the president isn't that stupid.

So here comes another partisan fight (possibly being led by Ron Paul) because, according to the WH, one guy's staff can't check the calendar.

It's amazing we aren't a third world country.

:angry:

Whether Obama gives his speech during the Republican Presidential debate or during half time of the Super Bowl it's still only a SPEECH!

And I'm tired of Obama's SPEECHES!

It's all he ever does!!

:angry:

Not true; he also goes on vacation and plays a lot of golf. And goes for joyrides in his multi-million dollar, custom Canadian-made RV.

So, it's not a State of the Union address. It's not a speech that has to do with anything that is a crisis. Why should he be granted a political speech before a joint session of congress? Don't you think it is past the time to just tell him to stfu and show me the baby?Does he actually think we are stupid enough to take him seriously? He's a black Barney Fife with a speech coach.

It's good campaigning, though. Trump the debates with a speech. Shallow and transparent...but good campaigning.

So, it's not a State of the Union address. It's not a speech that has to do with anything that is a crisis. Why should he be granted a political speech before a joint session of congress? Don't you think it is past the time to just tell him to stfu and show me the baby?Does he actually think we are stupid enough to take him seriously? He's a black Barney Fife with a speech coach.

No reason; he's just campaigning. He gets his night, he trumps the debates. He doesn't get his night, the Republicans are playing politics with the country's unemployed.

(Yes, as of this writing he agreed to a different day. Doesn't change what I posted.)

It's good campaigning, though. Trump the debates with a speech. Shallow and transparent...but good campaigning.

If this debate was on Fox, I might agree. But I believe the debate is sponsored by NBC and Politico. You think they're going to skip the president's jobs speech to air their debate? No way in hell. Both of them carry Obama's water and everyone knows it.

So what would they do? Delay the debate until until after his speech, at which point eight Republicans (well, six Republicans, Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul) would have a chance to tee-off on what will predictably be another "We need to build high-speed rails and fix our roads to get people back to work" speech? Not a chance. They have too much invested in Obama to tee him up like that.

So now Obama gets to compete with Saints vs. Packers for the opening of the 2011 NFL Season.

He's probably better off going up against the debate.

So now Obama gets to compete with Saints vs. Packers for the opening of the 2011 NFL Season.

He's probably better off going up against the debate.

He's got no chance against the NFL, unless he's announcing we killed Osama Bin Laden.

He had no chance against the debate either.

Does anyone still tune in to hear this guy talk?

Except do you really think the a president who is less popular than Charlie Sheen wants to address Congress at the same moment that the NFL opens the season with New Orleans vs. Green Bay in Lambeau? Of course not. Despite all evidence to the contrary, the president isn't that stupid.

then he might miss the game!!!

Always. Often you have to knock for some time before being given approval from inside to enter. The big screen will be on – the volume loud. You can easily hear it from outside the door. The sports channels are the ones most commonly playing, though sometimes the channel will be set to music, or Fox News

Read more: http://newsflavor.com/politics/us-politics/white-house-insider-the-obama-plan-part-three-2/#ixzz1WnxK3LZC

It becomes increasingly amazing to me that we have put such dolts in charge of our country.

President returns from vacation and asks both houses of Congress to convene for a joint session on the same day and time of the GOP Presidential Debate. Now, I'll grant that these debates probably don't draw big, but it takes a special kind of idiot to request a joint session of Congress on the date of a presidential debate. It can only mean a couple of things:

(1) You're trying to overshadow the GOP debate, which makes sense because when your poll numbers are in the toilet, it's a good idea to divert people's attention from the group of people talking about how much you suck as president.

(2) The WH is being honest and they simply didn't realize that the GOP debate was at the precise day and time he wants to address the country, in which case you have to admit that's pretty much an embarrassing level of incompetence. You're telling us NO ONE in the WH in charge of scheduling knew this was the night of GOP debate? Can you possibly get more incompetent?

Here's the best part though: according to The Hill, since the debate has been on the schedule forever, Boehner has kindly asked the president if he can just wait an extra day to address the joint session. Seems like a simple thing, right? Except do you really think the a president who is less popular than Charlie Sheen wants to address Congress at the same moment that the NFL opens the season with New Orleans vs. Green Bay in Lambeau? Of course not. Despite all evidence to the contrary, the president isn't that stupid.

So here comes another partisan fight (possibly being led by Ron Paul) because, according to the WH, one guy's staff can't check the calendar.

It's amazing we aren't a third world country.

“As if they couldn’t do that! This was a political thing, a tea party thing, a Rush Limbaugh thing. They were all giving Boehner gas.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62505_Page2.html#ixzz1WnyDaihc

Seriously the dying TEA PArty has this kind of pull?

“As if they couldn’t do that! This was a political thing, a tea party thing, a Rush Limbaugh thing. They were all giving Boehner gas.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62505_Page2.html#ixzz1WnyDaihc

Seriously the dying TEA PArty has this kind of pull?

Yeah, I read that article yesterday, though any more I frequent Politico for the same reason I frequent HuffPost...forshitzngiggles of a far left gone batschitt crazy.

Here's the thing I find disconcerting about this stupid topic: no one at the WH thought this scheduling process through. The WH admitted yesterday they knew the speech was on the same day as the debate, and there was simply no effort to ask "What happens if we are told 'no?'"

Now they may have asked that question, and someone may have said "Please, no House has ever said 'no' to a president's request for a joint session," but that's not thinking it through. Thinking it through is responding with, "Yes, I know that, but what if they do? What if we have to move it a day? Now we're competing with the NFL opener. If we have to push it to Thursday, what time do we do this?"

No one asked those questions as was evidenced by the completely embarrassing stumbling around yesterday with "We're going to move it to Thursday, but we don't know what time yet." That's just pure amateur hour stuff.

Big deal? Not really. At least not to me. BUT...it's another log thrown on the "imcompetence narrative" fire.

Throw zero August job growth on that fire and, well, liberal Hedds will undoubtedly explode today.

Edited by LABillzFan

No one asked those questions as was evidenced by the completely embarrassing stumbling around yesterday with "We're going to move it to Thursday, but we don't know what time yet." That's just pure amateur hour stuff.

Big deal? Not really. At least not to me. BUT...it's another log thrown on the "imcompetence narrative" fire.

I still get in conversations with people that tell me how smart Obama is. I just laugh at them.