Leave it to California

3rdnlng

That can't possibly be accurate.

It's pretty accurate. Interestingly, reports here say in-home caregivers are not fond of this as it will force their employers to pay them overtime, provide workers' comp insurance, etc., and in the end it means it'll be cheaper to put their aging parent in a home...leading to the in-home caregiver's unemployment.

Apparently the under 18 babysitter union has a helluva lobby. <_<

It's pretty accurate. Interestingly, reports here say in-home caregivers are not fond of this as it will force their employers to pay them overtime, provide workers' comp insurance, etc., and in the end it means it'll be cheaper to put their aging parent in a home...leading to the in-home caregiver's unemployment.

Apparently the under 18 babysitter union has a helluva lobby. <_<

I am curious has Brown stated any support for this bill?

It is legit. The bill.

I wasn't talking about the bill being legit, I was talking about the story being accurate. And it's not. Part 4.5, Chapter 1, part 1451(b)(2)(A): babysitters are exempt.

I mean, the legislation is a joke anyway (anything that has to mention "we're protecting our familes and homes" three times on the first page is pretty much unsupportable prima facie. "If you vote against this, you're voting against families, homes, women, minorities, and grandma." Ridiculously trite and mawkishly transparent pandering.) We really don't need to make up equally ridiculously pandering nonsense about it to criticize it.

I am curious has Brown stated any support for this bill?

If he has an opinion, he hasn't expressed it yet to my knowledge. But that shouldn't be surprising because he's probably busy right now digesting the other law coming at him, which makes it mandatory for all California hotele, motels, BB, etc. to use fitted sheets and special bathroom scrubbers with long handles because too many housekeepers are getting injured on the job. That's a pretty simple law to pass because, y'know, it's not like California has a lot of hotels and resorts.

If he has an opinion, he hasn't expressed it yet to my knowledge. But that shouldn't be surprising because he's probably busy right now digesting the other law coming at him, which makes it mandatory for all California hotele, motels, BB, etc. to use fitted sheets and special bathroom scrubbers with long handles because too many housekeepers are getting injured on the job. That's a pretty simple law to pass because, y'know, it's not like California has a lot of hotels and resorts.

I love that one. If you're getting injured making a bed, you need to be in a different line of work. Or just need to be on disability, since there's not a whole lot of things you're capable of doing if you hurt yourself making a !@#$ing bed. :wallbash:

And I don't know how fitted sheets change that calculation. If you can hurt yourself making a !@#$ing bed, I don't think the type of bedsheets matter.

I wasn't talking about the bill being legit, I was talking about the story being accurate. And it's not. Part 4.5, Chapter 1, part 1451(b)(2)(A): babysitters are exempt.

Actually, babysitters are exempt if they're under the age of 18 [1451 (b)(2)(cee)]. So no, not all babysitters are exempt.

Yes, I get it. I doubt the state is going to come after me because I didn't give my 19-year-old babysitter a break after 2 hours, but in fairness, that's what the law states.

Edited by LABillzFan

I love that one. If you're getting injured making a bed, you need to be in a different line of work. Or just need to be on disability, since there's not a whole lot of things you're capable of doing if you hurt yourself making a !@#$ing bed. :wallbash:

And I don't know how fitted sheets change that calculation. If you can hurt yourself making a !@#$ing bed, I don't think the type of bedsheets matter.

Dude...you think those callouses on your hands came from peforming the act just once?

Youre an idiot.

You need to meet Morena Hernandez. Listen to her moaning and wheezing while she changes the sheets on a Hyatt double bed and you'll understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZTpUFMsHJo&feature=player_embedded

That's what I thought at first. But it looks like a legit article :wallbash:

Just Google CA Asembly Bill 889 and see all the write-ups and comments. On a brighter side, this a perfect opportunity for pBrain to unionize the babysitters so they can pay dues so their union can donate to the politicians that got them such a sweet deal. See, everyone should be happy..........................except maybe the people that say aw "f" it, it's too much hassle to go out. Now the restaurants and theaters aren't as busy so some of the waiters and movie theater people are laid off along with the babysitters, who are no longer needed. Then of course there is no way to take care of Grandma at home anymore so she is sent off to the county nursing home where she suffers bedsores and loneliness. But again, on the brighter side we will be using less fuel and consuming less beef at the fine restaurants........................but what will happen when the tax revenue goes down because of less consumption? The answer is simple. More undocumented workers who would be too afraid to turn in their "employer" for not giving them a break every two hours. So, we end up up right back where we started. People can afford to keep Grandma at home and go out to Ruth Chris again. Tax revenues go back up and everyone is happy...............except

Suzie who lost her job to Maria but the Dems who passed such an asshat bill in the first place just expanded their tax base.

I mean, the legislation is a joke anyway (anything that has to mention "we're protecting our familes and homes" three times on the first page is pretty much unsupportable prima facie. "If you vote against this, you're voting against families, homes, women, minorities, and grandma." Ridiculously trite and mawkishly transparent pandering.) We really don't need to make up equally ridiculously pandering nonsense about it to criticize it.

This?:

(2) “Domestic work employee” does not include any of the

following:

(A) Any person who performs services through the In-Home

Supportive Services program under Article 7 (commencing with

Section 12300) of Chapter 3 of Part 3 of Division 9 of the Welfare

and Institutions Code.

Then why the need to specify babysitters under 18 just below it?

[C] Any person under 18 years of age who is employed as a

babysitter for a minor child of the domestic work employer.

Does A only include people 18 and up?

Edited by Booster4324

Yes, I get it. I doubt the state is going to come after me because I didn't give my 19-year-old babysitter a break after 2 hours, but in fairness, that's what the law states.

Is she hot?

You need to meet Morena Hernandez. Listen to her moaning and wheezing while she changes the sheets on a Hyatt double bed and you'll understand.

Well Hyatt makes a lot of money, so there shouldn't be any problem with them buying fitted sheets for every bed they own in the state.