Kinda Quiet out there

Thud

Didnt get to see the game as I was coaching 7th graders. Kinda suprised to log in after what looked like a good offensive performance and not see much positive chatter. Is that allowed? Or do the haters lose their log-in when things look positive? Just sayin.

Didnt get to see the game as I was coaching 7th graders. Kinda suprised to log in after what looked like a good offensive performance and not see much positive chatter. Is that allowed? Or do the haters lose their log-in when things look positive? Just sayin.

I have only seen the fourth quarter, will have to wait until tomorrow to see the rest. It does sound like the first string offense and defense had a nice night...but, just like so many said last week to all the "haters"(poor choice of words on your part), "overreact much?" If we can't feel DOOMED over two awful preseason performances, cuz they are "only preseason", why should everyone get so crazy over a great performance in what is, after all, "only a preseason game"? :rolleyes:

I have only seen the fourth quarter, will have to wait until tomorrow to see the rest. It does sound like the first string offense and defense had a nice night...but, just like so many said last week to all the "haters"(poor choice of words on your part), "overreact much?" If we can't feel DOOMED over two awful preseason performances, cuz they are "only preseason", why should everyone get so crazy over a great performance in what is, after all, "only a preseason game"? :rolleyes:

who is saying anything about going "crazy" over 1 game? Just strange that there is so little discussion about last night's game from the self-proclaimed "objective" crowd on here. I do bet that the "objectives" would be out in full force today had the first teams tanked last night.

Every win (projected to be about 6 this season) will result in folks like yourself asking why isn't everyone thrilled that we made a decent showing in a win.

Of course the answer is obvious. A decade+ of losing has certain repercussions and the lack of interest in the team (even when they occasionally win) is one of them. Here's what will re-energize my interest...

1) If they roll off a four-five game win streak in the regular season

2) If they go over 500

3) If they challenge for a playoff spot

4) If they get a playoff spot

It's a 16 game season. If they intersperse 6 wins over 16 games, folks like you will be posting throughout the season about how maybe we have a chance and wasn't that a great win the other day, blah, blah, blah (roll eyes).

I'm a fan if they win or lose. However, it's not realistic to expect a lot of people to get excited over the occasional win. It's going to take a lot more than that to get many people excited about this team again. Of course there are the die hards who refuse to except the fact that our beloved Bills are now the league laughingstock. That's fine. We all support the team in different ways.

who is saying anything about going "crazy" over 1 game? Just strange that there is so little discussion about last night's game from the self-proclaimed "objective" crowd on here. I do bet that the "objectives" would be out in full force today had the first teams tanked last night.

OP is asking why there is no "positive chatter"...perhaps there is so little discussion, because, I would guess, not as many saw the game...it was blacked out in WNY, and wasn't shown in replay on NFL Network yet (3pm eastern tomorrow).

Weehawk??? Fan win or lose.........? yet your interest needs regenerated after completing a punchlist of items? Hmmmmmmm Point proven. Oh and who is in charge of the projections? Maybe you could cue us in to who wins the superbowl. I could head to Vegas. Just would like to cheer em on regardless.

Edited by Thud

I just got power back from the hurricane last night.

To put the game in proper perspective;

The Jaguars were missing their best offensive player, RB Maurice Jones-Drew.

The Jaguars were also missing 3/4's of their starting D-line… Aaron Kampman, Tyson Alualu, and Jeremy Mincey.

On the other hand, the Bills were short at wide receiver as they were missing Roscoe Parrish, Donald Jones, and Naaman Roosevelt (not to mention Lee Evans).

The Bills were also short at linebacker with Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Arthur Moats, Kelvin Sheppard, Kirk Morrison, and Chris White not suited up.

I wouldn't place too much significance on this game but I was very happy that it came at the end of our "week of despair."

The win was much needed and couldn't have come at a better time what with WGR, Bucky Gleason, and Larry Felser leading a large crew of gravediggers.

We're not dead yet.

Well for starters, the game was blacked out in the local market, so a fair amount of posters didn't see the game.

As for moi, though I did watch the game on NFL preseason ticket, I've been getting over the Irene blowjob that had me pumping 4" of water from my basement with a borrowed generator and my power's been off since midnight last night.

So pardon the lack of positive posts. I did get a dig into the JustAnotherGayAndUnwashedSoutherner website that BeerBall turned us on to today. Cheers!

I don't get what you're saying? You're suprised "not to see much positive chatter. Is that allowed", but then you wonder where the haters are.

So you haven't seen anything positive said and want to know if the negative people have lost there log in, and you're "just sayin".

To put the game in proper perspective;

The Jaguars were missing their best offensive player, RB Maurice Jones-Drew.

The Jaguars were also missing 3/4's of their starting D-line… Aaron Kampman, Tyson Alualu, and Jeremy Mincey.

On the other hand, the Bills were short at wide receiver as they were missing Roscoe Parrish, Donald Jones, and Naaman Roosevelt (not to mention Lee Evans).

The Bills were also short at linebacker with Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Arthur Moats, Kelvin Sheppard, Kirk Morrison, and Chris White not suited up.

I wouldn't place too much significance on this game but I was very happy that it came at the end of our "week of despair."

The win was much needed and couldn't have come at a better time what with WGR, Bucky Gleason, and Larry Felser leading a large crew of gravediggers.

We're not dead yet.

I'm just watching it now for the first time. The starters look better than they did so far this year. But the jags look absolutely horrible as well. The mistake negating the Searcy fumble for example as a huge one. Not seeing much of Spiller which is interesting. Freddy and Brad Smith looking very good. All in all a good way for the starters to end the preseason and head into real games.

sorry, forgot to give you that projection. put all your money on the Bills to win the SB this year. Duh. eye roll

Weehawk??? Fan win or lose.........? yet your interest needs regenerated after completing a punchlist of items? Hmmmmmmm Point proven. Oh and who is in charge of the projections? Maybe you could cue us in to who wins the superbowl. I could head to Vegas. Just would like to cheer em on regardless.

I don't get what you're saying? You're suprised "not to see much positive chatter. Is that allowed", but then you wonder where the haters are.

So you haven't seen anything positive said and want to know if the negative people have lost there log in, and you're "just sayin".

:lol: