Felser's Pathetic Article

Even though he stated there's one game left, no doubt this pathetic article was written days ago. At his age, I'm sure he was long asleep before we won in OT and no doubt will wince when he replays this game. Sorry Larry...everybody has a case of bad timing now & then. Perhaps you should think about really retiring???

Link: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/larry-felser/article536546.ece

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like he did write that before the Jags game (even though the time stamp is 12:29 AM today), because there was no mention of their performance during it. And the mood has definitely changed, not only for fans, but likely for the team.

It looks like he did write that before the Jags game (even though the time stamp is 12:29 AM today), because there was no mention of their performance during it. And the mood has definitely changed, not only for fans, but likely for the team.

To use a phrase like: "The Bills don't have a lot of soldiers.", implies he's part of the locker room & knows these guys. I think this article proves he's clueless & after today, he'll probably be banned from the locker room - that's if he can still find the stadium. And to say: "The smell of chaos is in the air, which so often leads to more coaching and GM changes, guilty or not.", is flat out unprofessional. What a stupid thing to say at this point of the season! The Lions just blew out the Pats...Belicheat & staff need fired. Man, this article ticked me off!

"I have been covering the Bills in one form or another since they went into business 51 years ago..."

That's the problem right there. Time for this guy to move on.

no. the mood hasn't changed for the fans. or for the team.

the mood has changed for bi-polar message board posters who 7 days ago thought a scrimmage doomed us for an entire season of football.

But, but, we were doomed last week....but it got better ...at least for now!

More fitting, an article could (and will eventually) read "Few reasons to be optimistic about the Buffalo News". Tired, old, outdated piece of crap paper written by old, tired, bitter guys. Reality is their audience is old and dwindling. Since people can get their info anywhere, anyplace, anytime, the entire paper must rely on negativity to at least HOPE someone says "did you read hackity hack's opinion piece?"...and the numbers dont lie...not many people are reading it.

To all the people who sipped kool aid...you missed a hell of a pre-season game last night. Get your heads back on straight Bills fans...are you "in" or "out". Geezus--its team!

I made the mistake of listening to Bob Matthew's radio amatuer hour on WHAM last Thursday. He spent half the show claiming the Bills were the worst team in the NFL by a mile, based on a handful of team rankings on various websites. Did we look like the worst team last night?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I made the mistake of listening to Bob Matthew's radio amatuer hour on WHAM last Thursday. He spent half the show claiming the Bills were the worst team in the NFL by a mile, based on a handful of team rankings on various websites. Did we look like the worst team last night?

What possessed you to listen to Bob Matthews? I think half of TSW knows more about football than he does. Then again maybe you were driven to it by the thought of the alternative of Dope and the Lapdog.

Are the Bills as bad as they looked against Denver - or do they have everything fixed after they looked better against the Jags for the start of the game last night?

Let's see what happens once the regular season starts. My hope is .500 or better for this year. Yes, that means that they will have to be competitive and right here in the tough AFC East where the Bills have not been great (especially against NE).

We arent' the worst team in the history of football, and we did win an overtime preseason game against one of the worst teams in the league...but I don't think that in and of itself puts us in as favorites to win the AFL East. Our running game looks pedestrian even yesterday, and CJ was the fourth best runner on our lackluster running team.

It was nice to win.

But give me nine wins in the regular season before I jump on the bandwagon.

Are the Bills as bad as they looked against Denver - or do they have everything fixed after they looked better against the Jags for the start of the game last night?

Let's see what happens once the regular season starts. My hope is .500 or better for this year. Yes, that means that they will have to be competitive and right here in the tough AFC East where the Bills have not been great (especially against NE).

Obviously, we aren't as bad as we looked vs Denver...& no, we haven't fixed everything. But things sure are lookin' up! My hope is 4 & 2 at the BYE, which I really believe is feasible.

Larry's old and clearly confused so let's give the guy a break.

To give you an idea of how old Larry is, he used to be a ball boy in the 1940s for the original Buffalo Bills of the All American Football Conference. Those Bills went extinct, of course, but when Ralph started up a new iteration of Bills in 1959, Larry was there to cover it. He's been covering the Bills ever since, though now he's in semi-retirement and only writes once a week.

Unlike Sully, Larry usually writes fair and balanced articles. He used to have good connections within the organization, amongst the players, coaches, and administrators. A reader often learned something new or, at least, was exposed to a knowledgeable insight when reading his stuff. He was always respected by his peers and by sports people in general. Larry was asked to serve on the NFL Hall of Fame Selection Committee back in the 80s (?). Jim Kelly gave special thanks in his enshrinement speech to Felser for his work in getting Kelly elected first ballot. It wouldn't be the last time Larry helped get a Bill into Canton. In '84 the Pro Football Writers of America voted Larry the Dick McCann Memorial Award, their highest honor. That plaque is now hanging at Canton not far from the busts of the Bills he helped send there.

Felser's served the Bills with loyalty and talent for many, many years. Clearly not at his peak any more, I think we still should show the man a little Bills love.