Levitre on the Move

Astrobot

Levitre goes limp, but Rhinehart promotion short lived as hard-man Andy Levitre is promoted again and moved to Center and Left Guard but also part time demoted to second team Left Tackle, Wang out like Wood in sweatpants....should be the title.

That's awesome. Think I wet myself...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From Chris Brown:

"Last week Andy Levitre rotated with Chad Rinehart at left guard. Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game. Now he’s lining up at another position.

Levitre is taking his primary snaps as the starting left guard, but he’s also taking snaps at left tackle with the second unit in place of Ed Wang.

We’ll have more on this after practice."

hahaha -Translation: we have no gd clue what to do with this putrid line

I just thought of something.....what if the bills are actually thinking of starting Levitre at LT after the Denver game.....

Now I would have a complaint there if that happened...what a knee jerk reaction that would be.

We're seeing many views on this shuffle here. Here's another: The 'Mile High Massacre' as many here believe, turned out to be Chan's decision so he and his staff could accurately evaluate every OL on basic capabilities. The rabid rodeo wants Channix fired for it. But the first practice after the experiment has the staff moving parts around that play to individual strengths, as evidenced in the 'Denver Debacle'.

So I ask, is it possible there's fine coaching involved here?

I think Gailey and Nix are starting to lose some of their players. It really makes me wonder what they are really trying to do. They knew their line stunk going into this season, and they fed everyone that crap about having better players than the media and fans thought. Bull. They certainly aren't trying to win. And, to make it worse - this team last year, at the least, had heart. Guys played long and hard. Now, they go and get rid of Evans for a 4th, they demote Jackson - nothing like saying playing well isn't the most important thing to these guys - and you go and move Levitre around, and act as though he hasn't been one of two constants for that line all of last year. Gailey is beginning to look like he's taking out on his team what he ought to be taking out on Nix and Wilson. They are the ones who aren't supplying him with the right talent. The players know when it gets to be a joke, and that, more than anything, is why players don't want to come here - its gotten to be a joke.

I think part of this is that the staff is putting guys on notice that nothing will be given - and they need to earn their spots. There are all kinds of things that we are not privy to in terms of individual player's issues with attitude, motivation, consistency, whatever - I think a lot of this is about sending messages too

Yeah, if it weren't for his T-Rex arms.

Apparently almost anyone can play LT as long as they can move their feet. Arm length and anchor strength aren't important. ;)

Cue the Benny Hill music....

Cue the circus music. The changes to the offensive line remind me of the offense leading up to the 2009 season opener. Wild changes borne of sheer desperation which ultimately resulted in another lost season. Guess Buddy's going to be MIA for about the first 8 weeks of the season again.

EDIT: And now they've PO'd the best RB on the roster in favor of their 3rd down back who has poor instincts and can't run between the tackles. Are they rebuilding or tearing down?

Edited by BillsVet

I think part of this is that the staff is putting guys on notice that nothing will be given - and they need to earn their spots. There are all kinds of things that we are not privy to in terms of individual player's issues with attitude, motivation, consistency, whatever - I think a lot of this is about sending messages too

This!

If Fred Jackson is upset that he's not being anointed the #1 RB then make sure you go out there and earn it. Jackson is a good RB but he's hardly a threat to take it to the endzone on every carry. Spiller has that potential. Right now, Jackson is the more complete back and he shouldn't have to work too hard to prove it.

The LAST think Jackson should have done is run crying to the media with his issue.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse