tebow vs pryor

nuklz2594

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason Tebow might be cut is the 6 mil he's owed 9/2.

Oh that, and the fact they realized quickly that he cannot play QB in this league.

They have a new coach who knows a thing or two about football, and a new team czar who knows a thing or two about quarterbacking. They probably know by now that Tebow cannot play the position well enough, and that what he's lacking cannot be taught or overcome by experience.

Please, Tebow is not going to be cut in his second season. Pryor besides being a cheat sucked as a QB on the collegiate level despite what Drew Rosenhaus says. Think of Maurice Clarett as a QB. <_<

A cheat? He took some money or whatever booster-ish thing happened. College football is a shady business--by your definition, many NFL players are "cheats". To my knowledge he never cheated on the field or did anything underhanded in his play. Further, his actions are nowhere near Maurice Clarett levels. I'm no fan of Pryor and certainly have no love for THE Ohio State University, but the guy sucks enough throwing the football. No need to tarry him as a cheat as well.

Don't take either one, even for free.

First, you will have fans clamoring for them every time Fitz has a bad game.

Second, you will eventually have to give them their shot, and the franchise will waste a couple years "giving them their shot".

Edited by NaPolian8693

listening to espn first take. say tebow may be cut from the broncos with a guaranteed salary from them. if they cut do we take him, sign him to respectable salary and cut brown? or do we take a chance on pryor in supplemental draft? is pryor a better prospect than tebow? is it something to consider?

If Tebow is cut we should sign him in a heart beat. Pryor sucks and was drafted by the Raiders.

Good lord I hate to even get into this discussion.....but if you look at his play last week, he had a 118 qb rating....was 6-7 for something like 95 yards. What just continues to amaze me is ESPN's crusade. Last week, Orton goes 2-6 and Tebow goes 6-7 yet they show one of two (!!?) orton completions (with a huge RAC) as an example of why Orton is a better QB and they show the one (and only) Tebow incomplete pass to emphasize how not ready to be an NFL qb he is. That in and of itself stinks of an agenda.

Nobody ever mentions that last year, Tebow averaged more points per game than Orton....while contributing short yardage TD's in the games Orton did play. Whether Denver's Defense sucked or not, points per game is completely unrelated to how bad your defense is or whether you win or lose games because the D gives up a ton of points.

The agenda at ESPN and in denver seems to be to put Tebow in the worst possible situation and worst possible light to break the fan base's lust for him to start. His success last year as a rookie seems to be a thorn in the Broncos Brass's rear and his competent play during the last three games is NEVER ever mentioned.

Are you kidding? Tebow owes his draft selection and his big contract to ESPN. The guy's entire career is a creature of the media.

Are you kidding? Tebow owes his draft selection and his big contract to ESPN. The guy's entire career is a creature of the media.

No, I am not kidding you.....rather than throw out one-liner hyperbole, respond to how ESPN is continually (Merrill Hoge anyone?) going out of their way to trash Tebow. His big contract was earned from a great college career. Even yesterday, the ESPN twits put up a college comparison between Tebow and Pryor....and while Tebow completed somewhere around 68% of his passes, and Pryor completed just over 60%, the comment that was made was something to the effect of "While their completion percentages are similar...." what!!!! Similar how, they both begin with a 6? Come on, when the only real sports media outlet in the country, is making statement after statement that isn't just false, its absurdly false, there is no other explanation than to say....agenda. What other qb in the league, in their second year is getting this kind of abusive attention? Look up the stats, Tebow still has the best passer rating on the broncos in the preseason. He is now 7-9. How is that inaccurate? So the blind squirrel finds a nut 7 out of every 9 tries? Did you watch any college games .....like the sugar bowl where he threw for nearly 500 yards against the #3 team in the country?

I get that some people doubt he can translate to the NFL.....but aside from repeating the analysis you hear from ESPN, show me some real game footage where any of that is evident....because based on what i have seen with my actual eyes, when Tebow plays, he is effective....and the stats (you know, those numbers based on facts, not opinions)support that statement.

It's not about some imagined ESPN conspiracy. Simple fact is Tebow can't even outplay Quinn for the backup job. That's the opinion of his coaches in Denver, not ESPN.

"I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?"

Again, still see no evidence that isn't contradicted by factual stats. I see nothing but ESPN highlighting 1 of the only 2 completions Orton had in the first preseason game while highlighting the 1 incomplete pass by Tebow. Refute these items, give me stats, post some real game footage that even remotely supports that the guy can't be a QB at this level. John Fox(Dick Jauron) of the 2-14, number one pick overall Carolina Panthers picks Kyle Orton (Trent Edwards) over Tim Tebow because as he is every year, orton is a training camp phenom. Ask bronco fans about the phantom Jim Everett-style sack in the game against the niners last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1zHpeBeZM

Why anyone wouldn't want this intensity and skill set on their football team is beyond me. But again, show me something that says otherwise.

So John Fox is Dick Jauron and Kyle Orton is Trent Edwards. Those are your comparisons? John Fox did go 2-14 last year. He also coached a team to a super bowl. Kyle Orton threw for over 3,600 yards last year and is far more accurate than Tebow ever could dream to be. Calling him a training camp phenom is asinine.

And since you're in the business of calling out NFL head coaches, who know more about football than you could hope to learn in 10 lifetimes, maybe you should start with Josh McDaniels. You know, the guy who mortgaged an entire draft to take Tebow? The guy who rose up riding the coattails of Bellichick and proved to be immature and entirely incapable of handling his players and coaching duties?

Of course you won't - he drafted Tebow. Easier to just criticize Fox, who evaluated Tebow fairly and buried him on the bench where he belongs. You can't handle that, because like all the other Tebow apologists you're infatuated with the image he's crafted.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

So John Fox is Dick Jauron and Kyle Orton is Trent Edwards. Those are your comparisons? John Fox did go 2-14 last year. He also coached a team to a super bowl. Kyle Orton threw for over 3,600 yards last year and is far more accurate than Tebow ever could dream to be. Calling him a training camp phenom is asinine.

No more asinine than stating that Tebow can't beat out Brady Quinn. And still, you have yet to show me fact one as to why he can't be an NFL caliber QB. I am not picking on you, just pointing out that stats don't support that argument, that argument is ALL opinion based. Show me any stat that indicates anything but a measured amount of success for a rookie in 3 starts? Waiting......crickets.....

No more asinine than stating that Tebow can't beat out Brady Quinn. And still, you have yet to show me fact one as to why he can't be an NFL caliber QB. I am not picking on you, just pointing out that stats don't support that argument, that argument is ALL opinion based. Show me any stat that indicates anything but a measured amount of success for a rookie in 3 starts? Waiting......crickets.....

He didn't beat out Brady Quinn - that's not "opinion based" it's a fact. Look at the depth chart. I don't know what stats you're claiming support your idea that Tebow is awesome and is getting a raw deal. All you seem to point to is his "great attitude" and "work ethic". But if you want a stat, how about this one - 41 for 82, 50% completion last season. Show me a successful QB with a 50% completion percentage. You can't.

The reason he can never be good has never been shown in stats and it won't be. Tebow was ahead of Brady Quinn going into the pre-season and ahead of Kyle Orton, who they tried to trade. The coaches and upper management demoted him behind both of those guys because of what they saw in practice and even in the games. I saw all of the passes that he threw and they werent impressive at all. The bomb he threw he had all day, and a receiver wide open and the pass was still a few yards off. The guy caught it but it wasnt a great pass. He threw an INT that got called back. He hasn't looked good despite the misleading stats. I guarantee you that Bowlen and Elway and Fox would love if Tebow ooked good and played good but he hasn't, and they know he very likely won't. o they are going with the better players who clearly beat him out according to almost all reports by people who watched (the guys covering the team, not fans).

The reason he can never be good has never been shown in stats and it won't be. Tebow was ahead of Brady Quinn going into the pre-season and ahead of Kyle Orton, who they tried to trade. The coaches and upper management demoted him behind both of those guys because of what they saw in practice and even in the games. I saw all of the passes that he threw and they werent impressive at all. The bomb he threw he had all day, and a receiver wide open and the pass was still a few yards off. The guy caught it but it wasnt a great pass. He threw an INT that got called back. He hasn't looked good despite the misleading stats. I guarantee you that Bowlen and Elway and Fox would love if Tebow ooked good and played good but he hasn't, and they know he very likely won't. o they are going with the better players who clearly beat him out according to almost all reports by people who watched (the guys covering the team, not fans).

Clearly John Elway is as big an idiot and failure as John Fox. They can't see greatness when it's staring them in the face.

Here comes the opinion based analysis...... saw all of the passes that he threw and they werent impressive at all. The bomb he threw he had all day, and a receiver wide open and the pass was still a few yards off.....uh....is that opinion or fact based? What do the stats say? I watched all of his games last year and the naked eye test says he put up good to very good numbers for a rookie QB....statistically better than Bradford is several areas. Your guarantee that bowlen and fox and elway desire something is based on what.....opinion.....its funny how people cannot put together a reply without diving deep into personal opinion. Fair and balanced like fox news i suppose.

Here comes the opinion based analysis...... saw all of the passes that he threw and they werent impressive at all. The bomb he threw he had all day, and a receiver wide open and the pass was still a few yards off.....uh....is that opinion or fact based? What do the stats say? I watched all of his games last year and the naked eye test says he put up good to very good numbers for a rookie QB....statistically better than Bradford is several areas. Your guarantee that bowlen and fox and elway desire something is based on what.....opinion.....its funny how people cannot put together a reply without diving deep into personal opinion. Fair and balanced like fox news i suppose.

If you base your qualifications on how great or good or poor he is only on only stats or only "facts", you are the least informed football fan on this or any other board. That's quite an accomplishment.

Then you say you watched the games the naked eye test says he put up good to very good numbers for a rookie. Why even watch the games? You didnt need to see that to see the numbers.

Every single position on the depth chart or roster on every single team by every single coach or GM or owner is based on opinion, not stats or facts.

Here comes the opinion based analysis...... saw all of the passes that he threw and they werent impressive at all. The bomb he threw he had all day, and a receiver wide open and the pass was still a few yards off.....uh....is that opinion or fact based? What do the stats say? I watched all of his games last year and the naked eye test says he put up good to very good numbers for a rookie QB....statistically better than Bradford is several areas.

Yes because comparing Tebow's 3 starts to Bradford's 16 starts isn't at all unfair or misleading. Now I know you're trolling.

He didn't beat out Brady Quinn - that's not "opinion based" it's a fact. Look at the depth chart. I don't know what stats you're claiming support your idea that Tebow is awesome and is getting a raw deal. All you seem to point to is his "great attitude" and "work ethic". But if you want a stat, how about this one - 41 for 82, 50% completion last season. Show me a successful QB with a 50% completion percentage. You can't.

what depth chart would that be?? this one from Denverbroncos.com?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html

How about using one single fact...and then actually get it right. Orton was named the starter yesterday, the rest of the depth chart at QB was unspecified although John Fox commented that Tim Tebow was still in their long term plans. Where did i say he was awesome....i said show me any evidence that says he can't be an NFL QB.

And if you want a successful QB with a low completion percentage....uh...how about Mark Sanchez...54%..lowest among teams with a winning record....anyone questioning his ability to be an NFL QB. And what, Orton's 58% completion percentage is amazing? How about sacks per game, average per completion, qb rating.....he is above Mark Sanchez in every single stat except completion percentage....and Tebow's rushing totals are high. By the way, Tony Romo has a near 70% completion percentage....he has how many Super Bowl Rings?...nevermind, how many appearances?

Yes because comparing Tebow's 3 starts to Bradford's 16 starts isn't at all unfair or misleading. Now I know you're trolling.

so disagreeing with you is trolling? typical bulletin board response. I have refuted every one of your opinions with actual facts. Tebow only started 3 games so would you like me to compare their college stats?

And if you want a successful QB with a low completion percentage....uh...how about Mark Sanchez...54%..lowest among teams with a winning record....anyone questioning his ability to be an NFL QB. And what, Orton's 58% completion percentage is amazing? How about sacks per game, average per completion, qb rating.....he is above Mark Sanchez in every single stat except completion percentage....and Tebow's rushing totals are high. By the way, Tony Romo has a near 70% completion percentage....he has how many Super Bowl Rings?...nevermind, how many appearances?

so disagreeing with you is trolling? typical bulletin board response. I have refuted every one of your opinions with actual facts. Tebow only started 3 games so would you like me to compare their college stats?

No because college stats mean nothing in the NFL. Again, he did not beat out Quinn - if he did, he'd be named the no. 2 wouldn't he? I'd take Fox's comments from yesterday as more up-to-date than the chart on the internet.

Now you're going to compare Tebow's stats over 3 starts to Mark Sanchez and every other QB in the NFL? Wow. Have you ever even heard of the concept of sample size?

How many rings does Tebow have? How is the Romo comparison relevant? You asked for a stat and I gave you one. As low as Sanchez's CP% is, it's still higher than Tebow's. And the Jets success has much more to do with their defense than with Sanchez.

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu