Best Seats in the House

judman

Where do you like to sit in RWS? I have hopped around a bit over the years... and many people say "there is really not a bad seat in the stadium."

I thought it would be nice to get some insight on where people at TBD like to sit and why.

random question: When did they stop playing Talking Proud at the stadium?

Right in front of my 50 inch TV.. oohhhh whoops! :devil:

50 inches? Weak. I'd sooner take binoculars to watch the game in your living room than at the stadium. :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I really believe the sight lines at the Ralph are as good as any in the NFL, no matter where you're sitting.

random question: When did they stop playing Talking Proud at the stadium?

I'm not sure, but it was definitely after the 1982 season & before the 1986 season. I didn't get to any home games in 1983 or 1984. The 1985 program doesn't mention a song. The 1986 program has the word and notes to "We Can Make It Happen" which replaced Talkin Proud. I didn't get to any home games in the strike year of 1987. In 1988 the words & notes to "Shout" are in the program. So "We Can Make It Happen" lasted only a season or two. In 1993, the Bills tried to replace "Shout" with their own version, but a preseason fan revolt, they played the new version at Rich Stadium that preseason, resulted in the reinstatement of the real "Shout" song. Ironically, the 1st time the Bills scored in Atlanta, they played the jettisoned "Shout" at the Super Bowl in January 1994. The next time the Bills scored, they played the correct version.

I'm not sure, but it was definitely after the 1982 season & before the 1986 season. I didn't get to any home games in 1983 or 1984. The 1985 program doesn't mention a song. The 1986 program has the word and notes to "We Can Make It Happen" which replaced Talkin Proud. I didn't get to any home games in the strike year of 1987. In 1988 the words & notes to "Shout" are in the program. So "We Can Make It Happen" lasted only a season or two. In 1993, the Bills tried to replace "Shout" with their own version, but a preseason fan revolt, they played the new version at Rich Stadium that preseason, resulted in the reinstatement of the real "Shout" song. Ironically, the 1st time the Bills scored in Atlanta, they played the jettisoned "Shout" at the Super Bowl in January 1994. The next time the Bills scored, they played the correct version.

"we can make it happen" is an outright abortion of a song. it makes katy perry look like miles davis.

Right in front of my 50 inch TV.. oohhhh whoops! :devil:

I'm with you. My ideal would be at the stadium to tailgate then head home to watch the game with no lines for the bathrooms or food/beer, no raging alcoholics ruining the game for me or my family, comfortable seats, not being rained or snowed on, and the perfect view. Unfortunately I live too far from the stadium to make that work so I reluctantly skip the tailgating.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I had seasons tickets in the rockpile for a few years... I'm currently on the 35 yard line below the kelly club and they're both decent tickets.

I must say though.... I sat in the first couple rows of the 300 level at the 50 yard line for a couple games over the past few years and I absolutely love those seats! The view is incredible!

I always preferred anywhere in the upper deck between the 35's, first couple of rows up on the aisle. When I moved to Florida in '96, the hardest thing I had to give up in Buffalo, family included, was my season tickets, N3, row 3 or 4, can't remember, but on the aisle, right out of the tunnel. I could hit the bathroom and back between opponents plays on a good day.

I would take ANYWHERE in the upper deck before sitting in the endzone. The view is so limited when the teams are at the other end, that I'd rather watch at home before sitting there.

As my name would suggest, I agree. I'm near the 50, 10 rows up. I like it there because I can see the whole field.

I sat in the Family Corner last year (took my nephews to the Steelers game) and was surprised how well I could see the whole field. It is not far from the end zone, but wrapping around the side a little made a big difference. This year we are going to sit in one of the last little sliver sections before the club seats on that mid-level. I have never been in the clubs for a game, it must be totally sweet.

My seasons are in the club seats but I sat on the 50 5 rows up to see that Sunday night patriot debacl. (My attitude going in was I would see one of the biggest upsets in bills history or one of the best offensive teams in history) I also really enjoyedsection 119 2nd row for the Bengals game where Ochocinco got ko'ed.

I like the 300s bc you can see everything. If you like Xs and Os more than big hits and the like, go with a front row in the 300s, even if its toward one endzone, they are nicer than being on the 50 I think.

Or you could get an HDTV and stay home. Thats prob your best bet this season

i've sat everywhere...the worst seats are the first few rows in lower bowl directly behind benches(obstructed view)and the "enclosed" ones, like the m&t section and suites (no noise energy).

i like middle of lower bowl between the 30's best.